Started by Art Blade, November 11, 2018, 02:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

I was laughing the whole time, I love how they ignore the piles of fuel cans laying around and just stand among them and blather on and on....
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

Art Blade

PZ

Thats quite the explosion. Nice sack you have on your head  :gnehe:

Art Blade

:anigrin:

It's a disguise taken from a prisoner who was tied up and sitting on a chair waiting for interrogation. I thought it would be the last thing someone would expect 47 to wear when finishing the mission, let alone drive away blind with that rubber bag still over his head :gnehe:

Art Blade

Poison Caruso, then scare the living daylights out of him and finally shoot him out of the sky. :D Have fun.

https://youtu.be/97vt6xy-R8M

Dweller_Benthos

The costume scare was really good, I was hoping he'd faint or die from fright, but running off and getting in an airplane is almost as good! It's almost as if they put that cannon in exactly the right spot.
D_B

Art Blade

:anigrin: indeed, the cannon is placed so you can shoot him down, it's an achievement you unlock if successful. I already got it so it didn't show again. :)

funny thing is, I found out about the effect of the disguise on Caruso by pure chance, essentially exactly the same way as shown in the vid but unintentionally. The very first time, I was stunned by his reaction and didn't even realise for several moments that he was actually on the run ??? :D

The character of Caruso in that mission has got quite a psychological background. Essentially, he's a wreck. In a way, he's obsessed with his late mother. Her room in the mansion is conserved and nobody allowed in. It allows the player to ring for service from her bed, before you'd activate the stair lift from the main hall which also alarms him, you start her gramophone which spooks him, and when he finally enters her room you "called" him from with that service thing hanging from her bed you pull on, he sees her rocking chair with a hat placed on the head rest, slightly moving from the fan you activated previously. All of that makes him think his mother was back and he completely loses it :anigrin:

Also, you can assume the role of a renown shrink (they haven't met before) and use the therapy session in Caruso's private chambers to smother him with a cushion. Lots of stuff related to his anxiety and pathologic composure. Also you can slip in an old VHS video tape in one of the rooms and when he finds out, he sends his guards away and starts talking to himself.. that's where the mannequin with the plague doctor's outfit is located.

And you'll remember the accident with the cyclist and some van from one of the mission ends. That prevented a bouquet of flowers to be delivered to Caruso's mansion, they were to be placed on mother's grave (another kill opportunity) so.. lots and lots of stuff :)

And what I used in my vid, he keeps complaining about the spaghetti, how they never tasted as good as when mother cooked them, and you assume the role of a kitchen aide and, as shown in the vid, slip in an expired can of spaghetti (sauce) which is then served to Caruso. He recognises the taste and remarks on how the chef finally got the taste right. Implying that his mother fed him canned spaghetti the taste of which he liked better than what his chef kept preparing :D Of course it made him sick which is when you can seize the opportunity and kill him. Instead, the plague doctor instantly cured his sickness and literally sent him flying :gnehe:

Which brings us back to the cannon.. to the day, I haven't seen any vid showing the plague doctor as a means of creating a target lockdown causing Caruso to flee. The vids show various approaches but they cause a hell of a lot of ruckus all around plus it's not even easy to get that done without getting caught up in it.

Art Blade

a combination of 4 challenges, all inclusive. :)

Please read the description :)
3:05 challenge combo: Waterbender, Contained Explosion, Deadly Ninja
7:39 Deadly Shadow

This video may help if you're looking for ideas and perhaps you can use it as a guide, too. It is composed of a preparation part which I mostly sped up x4 but I slowed it down when relevant things happened, then there is the a big part during which I combined all challenges (man, it's so much fun to do that in one go using the normal story mission hehe) except the katana kill which comes next, using a savegame I had dropped after the preparation bit. I added a timeline so you can jump to that part. And finally showing the achievements along with the unlocked Tanto. I think it was a fun challenge pack and I really enjoyed playing it. I hope you enjoy the vid. :)

https://youtu.be/gNPRkeO70rw

Dweller_Benthos

Quite a bit different from all the explosions in the previous videos. All planned and sneaky and down like clockwork. Subduing the guy with the water from the fish tank was great, getting there early and getting everything all prepped and ready to go, well done 47! err Art.
D_B

Art Blade

thank you, Dweller :)

Indeed, I thoroughly thought it through before even starting. And then it worked at the first attempt and all fell into place, achievements popping up one after another :) They only pop up once, ever, and you can tell it was a single run by observing the mission timer. The katana kill had to be separate as no bodies found was mandatory, also I can't kill the same target with an explosion AND with a katana, they are (game-)technically two different events. However, all worked out as planned :)

Art Blade

here's a difficult challenge, it took meticulous planning, quite a few practice runs, and there was little room for error during execution. Enjoy:

https://youtu.be/9s8sSPj0kBA

Tags:
🡱 🡳