Hitman 2 (2018)

Started by Art Blade, November 11, 2018, 02:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Pretty cool and you can tell the timing is down to seconds, miss by a few and the whole thing goes wrong. Plus, toilet drowning is almost as good as fish slapping, lol   :D
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

cheers :anigrin:

I don't know how many times it went wrong, but it went sour a few times right at the end: once I got spotted by a guard ("compromised" plus unconscious witness) and another time the guy just wouldn't come out of his room so I couldn't drown him. I tried getting rid of his guards a few times only to find out that the target refusing to get out apparently is related to getting rid of the first guard the wrong way, the guy whom in the end I shot with the tranq gun from the bottom of the stairs. When it went wrong, I had tossed a coin so he'd come down the stairs but either he spotted me or the coin bounced off the wall into the street. That idiot would then take the back route across the target's room and around the block. Unfortunately I was still waiting when he had returned. After the 10 minute mark, I quit and decided to do what you saw in the vid.

The other things that could go wrong:

arrive late at the church to poison the water bottle. By the way, only catering/kitchen/service personnel disguises are "allowed" to poison food without raising suspicion. Also, you needed an invitation or you wouldn't be allowed in, I picked it up from the ghostly fan after knocking him out. In the tunnels, the ghostly fan's costume was required for the whole killing but I wasn't allowed to be down there. He didn't mind me being there but I could (and did) get spotted by other guys in the crypt.

Poison in the church: It had to be done before the 2.00 minute mark or he'd already be sipping his water and go on a routine that would take perhaps 6 minutes until he returned, too long or a complete rescheduling would have been necessary but I know that one, it's even more difficult to get the timing right and likely to take longer in the end. The 2.00 minute mark: if you listen closely, you'll notice that a female announces a quick break for everyone which is when he'd have a sip at 2.00 ;)

Also, when the church target goes to the restroom, the guy I knocked out in the vid would either come in or already be in there and most annoyingly, refuse to leave. He didn't mind a guy throwing up but kept telling me I was invading his personal bubble and stuff like that. So I had to remove him while he was there without triggering his "bubble" paranoia and also before the target arrived.

Ah well.. there's tons more but that should do it to give you an idea how difficult my approach was but I wanted to do it exactly like that because I think it was cool. :anigrin:

Art Blade

I was supposed to use an explosion to make the body fly and land on top of that canopy. It took over 60 attempts and I got it with.. a pistol. A PISTOL! :banghead: :D

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah just a little clipping issue as I mentioned in the video comments. Looks like you have to get just the right position and right amount of explosives to toss them up there just carefully enough to land on the tent.
D_B

Art Blade

it took well over 60 attempts and I'm not new to setting up explosions. Many people are complaining about that challenge. It was bad in Hitman 2016 and it is worse in Hitman 2, especially since they nerfed the fire extinguishers. They used to kill when exploding, now they only knock out. It means you can't use them to make bodies fly anymore. They may add a little but you need more potent stuff to begin with.

What is really difficult about it: making an unconscious person (lying flat on the ground) go straight up. You can easily propel them forwards but it is very hard to make them go upwards, let alone preparing it for a certain direction. One savegame with a fixed setup, every time you reload, you get a different result. And there really is no way of blowing her up while she's still walking because she'd either detect explosives or someone else would, so.. and draping propane flasks around is also kind of impossible because you need a lot of time disguising yourself and acquiring those while the meeting is on a timer. If you take too long, it's a missed chance. In other words, you can only do it as you see in the vid: knock out everyone and drag her around. All of that makes for a really bad challenge.

PZ

60+ attempts!  ???

Man, you have the patience of a saint  :gnehe:

Art Blade

only if I really like stuff.  :gnehe:

PZ

You definitely have that covered  :thumbsup:

I can tell you really love the game  O0

Art Blade

I don't even know why exactly I love it :)

Likely because essentially it is a sandbox game with lots of dark humour. Main missions usually only tell you the target(s) and you figure out how to go about that job. Great :)

The challenges.. I try to get them over with because they too are part of the game and mastering those is indeed challenging. So, why not. ;)

PZ

Thats all that matters - that you love the game, and the "why" really does not matter.  O0

I always say that one should do what they like/love to do  :thumbsup:

Art Blade

life is too short not to :)

PZ

Absolutely - that is why I indulge myself with what many would consider frivolous  :gnehe:

Art Blade

good, keep doing that :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

Sounds like you need to pray to RNGesus a little bit more, especially if you get different results from the same setup in a loaded save game. The physics engine just picks some random numbers and off it goes. Shot in the dark really, and luck of the draw.
D_B

Art Blade

indeed.. same goes for the next one, pretty random and that made my plan unreliable despite being a good plan. I had to do it because the safer ones take far too long by comparison and I wanted to make this one fast.

The last target there in the planning room was a royal pain in the back: as soon as he panics, he can go almost anywhere. I can recall 15 (FIFTEEN) different locations where he'd stop after his initial "run away" instinct.

Tags:
🡱 🡳