Hitman 2 (2018)

Started by Art Blade, November 11, 2018, 02:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Art Blade

Hey, D_B, here's a speed runner's approach to those three items.

WARNING, EXPLICIT LANGUAGE, you may want to mute that in the office..

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Wow, that guy is fast at that, and I have to say that's a much less enjoyable video to watch, the cuss words notwithstanding. But that goes pretty much for all speed runs, if you're not intimately familiar with the game, watching a speed run is just confusing. I've watched ones of Subnautica that I enjoy quite a bit because I know that game inside and out, I know where all the locations are and what is needed to be done, but I'm sure anyone not familiar with the game would find those boring and/or confusing. Same goes with this in the opposite way, I much prefer your videos to this style.

Speaking of, the defenestration video is hilarious, I didn't quite catch the entire conversation between 42 and the bank manager, but I take it she sacked you, or the guy you're pretending to be, so crashing her through the giant clock face then jumping out the window is just too funny.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

thank you :)

Yep, there's actually a little story behind that. The guy whose identity I took (or, agent 47) is a guy about to get fired because the director Athena Savalas doesn't like his sweater. So this achievement is essentially an act of revenge, it's really unusual that 47 is actually acting as if he was that guy: he manipulates the stock market by selling god knows what, but apparently all there is,  which causes the stock market to crash. Unfortunately that sequence can't be seen in this video but you can see some of it in my sniper assassin videos, there's a picture in picture sequence showing that stock market crash and how Savalas freaks out on it. Anyway, our guy crashes the stock market (the bank's value goes straight down) and then he kicks her down through the clock window, and then he commits suicide by going through a window, falling down. It's that dark kind of humour that I've always loved about the Hitman franchise :anigrin:

Here's something similar, kill her with her own award..

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Everybody is getting sick in this one, lol
D_B

Art Blade

not sure what you mean, time stamp? (except the one towards the end that walks away bend over before my target walks over to drink and dies) The first poison was simply KO-drops into her drink, she fell over unconscious. So, I'm curious what you discovered there, by mentioning "everyone" :)

Art Blade

Starring: Our favourite, The Fish! :) This is a complete so called Escalation. Have fun :)

Hitman 2 - The Aquatic Retribution (Level 1) Silent Assassin Suit Only (Miami)
https://youtu.be/ZnIb4cgGors

Hitman 2 - The Aquatic Retribution (Level 2) Silent Assassin Suit Only (Miami)
https://youtu.be/Olk0iGhrsqA

Hitman 2 - The Aquatic Retribution (Level 3) Silent Assassin Suit Only (Miami)
https://youtu.be/yKM7Cc4BYsE

Dweller_Benthos

"everyone" as in more than one lol. But since I don't know what the effect is on each person, it just looked to me that all the people you ran into, you poisoned in some way to make them sick.

All three of those new ones are great, that is my kind of mission, and escaping on the dolphins makes it even better.
D_B

Art Blade

thanks, Dweller :) I enjoyed this escalation tremendously. So much fun :)

And OK, there are three types of poison (you can always pause the videos to check what I'm whipping out of my inventory) with different effects:

- Emetic (there are tons of them like rat poison, some flowers in Santa Fortuna, emetic pills, emetic syringes, emetic who knows what) which makes people sick. They will steer to the nearest "suitable" location to puke their guts out, preferably a toilet but also rubbish bins, river banks or ledges on cliffs.. even out of an open window, or worse, onto a tray with champagne glasses and worst, into a fire place with fire in it!! If you don't interfere with those sick people (lol) they'll eventually get better and return to their usual routines.

- Lethal (pills, vials, syringes, flowers..) which kills instantly and those bodies found don't count against silent assassin rating.

- Sedative Poison: rare. Only the vial in my inventory and "chloroform" which can be found in few maps. Knocks people unconscious, like the tranquiliser pistol. It was useless until a recent game update: They changed that those "bodies found" (both for the tranq gun and sedative poisons) don't count against silent assassin rating anymore—as long as those bodies are not targets.

:)

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I don't think to stop and look at what you're using, just that you're injecting someone and they get sick, lol.

So in order to get the sniper assassin credit, you had to use the sniper rifle, even though you were a few feet away?
D_B

Art Blade

correct. :) And "Straight Shot" is an achievement for a headshot, which I missed out on during my first try. That's the one I unlocked here.

And... Electrocution Phone! counts as an accident.. this makes some missions a tad easier than usual. :gnehe:
https://youtu.be/e1QWlnOcM_A

Dweller_Benthos

Must be a Galaxy 10, no? lol
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳