Hitman 2 (2018)

Started by Art Blade, November 11, 2018, 02:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nex

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on August 20, 2019, 07:49:33 AM
That's why I'd be terrible at this game, I'd just be shooting everyone lol
Yeah me too, won't make any progress, I'd miserably fail almost every mission. "You're not supposed to shoot him "dumb *bleep*"!!
Respect is earned, not given.

Dweller_Benthos

"He was supposed to die of a heart attack!"

Points for whoever knows what movie that comes from, Art excluded, he knows too many movies lol
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

nex

Respect is earned, not given.

Art Blade

I don't know which film that might be. which one is it?

Dweller_Benthos

Aha! Yeah it might be a bit obscure, it was a popular enough film here in the states but that line is a bit of a throwaway and not something that stands out. The movie is called Grosse Pointe Blank starring John Cusack and his sister Joan. He's an assassin and Joan is his secretary and they don't actually have any scenes together, it's always phone calls. But anyway, he is on a "job" to kill someone and has it all set up to poison him and it goes wrong at the last second and he has to shoot the guy. The client is not pleased that the target who was supposed to die of "natural causes" has now died of a suspicious gunshot, and is angry on the phone. Joan then says the line "He was supposed to die of a heart attack". It's a pretty good movie, and for me a nostalgia trip to the late 80s with a  good selection of music to go along with it. The main plot is he decides to go back to his home town for his 10 year high school reunion and then starts thinking that the life of an assassin might not be for him. He meets his old girlfriend, and has a run in with rival assassins, all good fun. I definitely recommend it.

D_B

Art Blade

cool, I've never even heard of that film, and I like John Cusack. I notice there are a lot of 1980s actors in it that I like, too. I should definitely try to get it :) Cheers for that, man :thumbsup: :)

Dweller_Benthos

I think you'll enjoy it!
D_B

Art Blade

a word about Hitman 2

I'm tired of it.

The devs/publishers have been overdoing it with pushing out content almost on a daily basis. Either there are no special rewards or they're nonsense. The best thing was the electrocution phone, I've had tons of fun with it as it makes short w0#k of those repetitive old Elusive Targets. I mean, those old ETs are part of the legacy pack and were one time events back in Hitman 2016. Then they re-released those ETs for Hitman 2016 so you had a chance to play those you had missed out on, however you were not allowed to play ETs you had screwed up OR completed successfully. Now, in Hitman 2 legacy, they're re-re-releasing those ETs and you can play all of them, regardless the Hitman 2016 results. In other words, I've played all of them twice. I only need two more Elusive Targets (a total of 15) which may be either legacy or new, to unlock the final suit for completing 15 ETs. So that's about all I'm currently willing to do because I would like to get that suit, it looks nice.

Speaking of suits, recently they released three horrible-looking disguises if you subscribed to IO (which I did) and, that's what they didn't quite explained then, AND linked your steam account to IO. Sorry, no. I don't link any accounts to anything. And now they just announced some new stuff among which is yet another garrote device (I've already got four of them) and another phone which seems to be totally useless (a "flash" phone.. essentially the target is going to talk to a flash grenade disguised as a smart phone, great..) and a "suit" that is essentially a dark long coat and a dark hoodie sweater below. Seriously? I think it's OK to either keep 47's style intact by adding stylish gear or adding completely silly "suits" like a clown disguise or a flamingo disguise. That's funny. One of the last suits, for the DLC map about that Bank in New York, already looked awkward, it was a beige trench coat, buttoned up. Yuck. And now that coat with hoodie. Geez, that's no longer cool nor funny nor stylish. That's rubbish.

When I pre-purchased the game, I got a bonus: a stand-alone sniper map, about an outdoor wedding with a massive mansion and park and all that. You may remember the layer cake I shot at with an explosive round to blow it up amidst the guests. Then the game was released, they disabled the stand-alone sniper game "because it's now part of Hitman 2." Great. Then they released a new sniper map, some industrial port site. Meh. Now they released another sniper map, YAWN, about a prison in Siberia. Double yawn plus meh. And all the while, about every week or so, they keep pushing out challenges, community-made challenges, more challenges..

It's too much. Like a great, delicious, fresh masterpiece of a layer cake. Oh wow, I want a piece of that. Geez, that was delicious, may I please have another one? Wonderful. Ah no, I'm good.. well, alright, before you have to throw it into the bin, I can eat one more. And then.. four, five, six and they kick the whole rest down your throat.

So all that plus YouTube? Record all that stuff? No way. Neither this nor that. Just taking a break, play on my own and off camera, even a different game.. just to get some distance between me and the constant drip-feeding of (or is it getting stuffed with?) new content.

They're seriously overdoing it.

Dweller_Benthos

Too bad, it sounds like too much of a good thing, and you get burned out. It was that way for a few months with No Man's Sky and the community events, which all turned out to be go there, talk to that guy, go there, get a thing, then go talk to that other guy and get your reward which is a decoration for your base. I hope the new ones when they start up again are more creative. But if not, time to take a break again.
D_B

Art Blade

So, Elusive Target #14

No Phone ( :gnehe: )

Lots of THE FISH ( :anigrin: )

And a snapped neck for the target. :evil2:

Quite long but fun to play, enjoy watching. :)

Dweller_Benthos

Flubbed the fish throw on that second guy, didn't you? lol  :D

Used the age old tactic of "Either eliminate everyone so they can't alert the guards or eliminate all the guards so they can't find the bodies" hehe

Hey, wait, I thought you were done with this game?
D_B

Art Blade

I said I was tired of it, yes, but I also said I wanted to get the last suit tied to the 15th Elusive Target. So then two, now one more to go. :)

And yes, "flubbed" is a good way of putting it :gnehe: And once more when I dragged a body over the fish and the fish with him into the room without me noticing.. I was a bit perplexed when the next guard showed up but my fish was nowhere to be seen. I didn't want to use a precious sedative gun dart on him and went for a classic choke from behind. :gnehe: In the end, I didn't even use the tranq gun at all..

I also flubbed the "not recorded by cameras" goal I had, I just didn't see the fine green lines on the floor reached that far. Didn't matter in the end but still, I would have liked to have passed below and outside the range of the camera.

Anyway, it was more fun than I thought it would be albeit it was quite lengthy. :)

Art Blade

Ah man, they're pissing me off even more now, and this time I have a much bigger complaint:

For the first time ever, an achievement is linked to multiplayer. :banghead:

Hitman used to be a classic single player game. More recently, as of Hitman 2, they added multiplayer content. Because of that, I've never been able to get a suit which is rewarded for killing 100 targets unnoticed in a game mode called Ghost Mode which is essentially a competition between two players who play at the same time on the same map trying to kill the same target but each in their own game world, only exception is you share the target. If the target dies, the killer scores 1 and it's a match to 5 kills as far as I know. You cannot interact (much) with each other but may see the competing player as a "ghost" so you can see what he does and there are gimmicks you can unlock or acquire that can stir up the other player's game a bit, making it harder for them. They also made the sniper maps (one of which used to be a singleplayer stand-alone bonus game for pre-purchasing Hitman 2) both single player and additionally, a co-op multiplayer game as a different mode but same map(s) and goals. Anyway, Hitman 2 is no longer a single player game but becoming more and more a multiplayer game. And I really don't want to play multiplayer let alone competitively so I can't get that suit.

I had this game completed with all achievements, 100%. Then they added new achievements, undoing my 100%. I worked on those and got it back to 100%. Now they've AGAIN added new achievements and AGAIN undone my 100%. Only this time with a nasty twist. Now there's that new achievement essentially called "win in multiplayer" which means, I won't get that achievement.

And that means, ALL the hard w0#k I had put into the game in order to get 100% completion has been rendered void. :angry-new:

And it means, I won't get that game, which USED to be a "perfect" game (100% completed, twice, even) back to that status again. :angry-new:

And that means, I won't do anything anymore in this game that doesn't look like being fun to play. :evil2: Or worth playing it, like to the 15th Elusive Target, to unlock a suit.

You see, I'm not that insane to do just about everything only to get all those stupid achievements.. :gnehe:

Free at last, lol

Dweller_Benthos

Wow, it's bad enough to have multiplayer achievements in a game, but to add them later on when people have already completed the game is stupid. I guess there's no getting around the multiplayer stuff anymore, even in a game where it makes no sense like this one, they've shoehorned it in probably to just have another feature ticked off for the marketing materials. Just stupid.
D_B

Art Blade

I totally agree with you. It ruins the game. Just because it is "en vogue" to have multiplayer games in the portfolio, even if it doesn't make sense at all.. and trying to force people to play it by adding achievements tied to multiplayer is appalling. And a slap across the face of their old fan base.

Tags:
🡱 🡳