Hitman 2 (2018)

Started by Art Blade, November 11, 2018, 02:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fragger

I agree too, that sort of thing is not on. Considering how much enjoyment you have gotten out of the game Art, it's a shame they went and did that. An it's unfair to SPs who have put in the hard yards to get the achievements. As for MP achievements, If they want to have those, fine, but for heaven's sake they should keep them away from the SP achievement list. They should be in their own separate list.

Art Blade

yeah, only steam cannot differentiate. They should simply have stopped adding achievements or, even more considerate, never have added any.

Art Blade

I had a closer look at the achievements and noticed that the multiplayer one is luckily "only" tied to the co-op sniper game and then I remembered that they already did that before with one of the other sniper maps and that I had played it with a random player. Can't ruin much when playing co-op but still, I wish they hadn't tied any achievements to any kind of multiplayer.

Art Blade

OK, I tried that new sniper map and I have to admit it's better than I thought. WAY better. I actually think it's the best of those three sniper maps. Now I've even got all achievements for it except the last one, the one I was lamenting about.

Complete the new sniper map in multiplayer (better: co-op)

I actually wouldn't mind and tried to find a co-op partner. "Finding Players" is still (!) beta and I spent several times up to 5 minutes without finding ANY player.

Tried a hitman steam group chat, nobody even replied.

So now I'm stuck because I can't f.cking find anyone to play it through with just once..  :banghead:

Art Blade

Well. Sometimes lamenting helps. After about 8 minutes someone FINALLY joined. Had even a few rounds together. And since I needed to complete the sniper prison map only one time in multiplayer, I even got my last achievement which means:

I'm back to 10 perfect games. :gnehe:

I seriously didn't expect that. And I wouldn't have done it if it hadn't been a co-op achievement. Which is why I haven't got a single kill out of 100 in that stupid competitive multiplayer Ghost Mode. None. And unless I find someone who'd be willing to slowly grind for it without actually competing, I won't touch it. Meaning, it's VERY unlikely that I'll ever get that blasted Ghost suit which unfortunately is a suit you can use in singleplayer, too. :banghead:

But anyway, yay, all achievements AGAIN, and 100% AGAIN, and 10 perfect games AGAIN :anigrin:

I'm actually excited. :bigsmile:

Dweller_Benthos

Nice, at least you got that back, and without too much trouble.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

yep.. that one was causing the least trouble compared to a few others of those new achievements, really, those were really tough ones. Curses, they were hard to get. But I managed, still :anigrin:

Art Blade

This is what the new sniper map looks like in single player.

Dweller_Benthos

So what's it look like otherwise? Is this where you do that multiplayer competition thing?
D_B

Art Blade

it looks the same in co-op, only instead of agent 47, you'll have a guy and a gal sitting in the sniper nest and either one of them keeps commenting on their own shots all the time.

I never recorded the 2nd map but the first I did, it's exactly like the pre-purchase map (you know it but probably won't remember it so here you go, in the spoiler)
Spoiler

Dweller_Benthos

Oh yeah I remember that one and all the different ways you tried it to get all the bodies hidden. So the new one is a prison in Siberia or someplace.
D_B

Art Blade

exactly. The missing one is a heavy duty container lading port. A few captives who must survive, a load of goons, three villains. Kind of complicated and not so much fun. The first, the one you remember, was quite OK. But this Siberian prison is actually fun. You can start a revolt and by shooting open huge doors, the prisoners start to swarm to the opened area and you can keep doing that so all areas are buzzing with violent prisoners, fires breaking out, killings, up to a point that the whole prison is on fire. :evil2:

Art Blade

like this :gnehe:
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Dweller_Benthos

Nice. It would be cool if you could get the rioting prisoners to kill the guards for you, heh.
D_B

Art Blade

I played a lot of variants, I only remember one of my target guards being killed by prisoners. There are other guards, too, but they're not targets so I don't necessarily notice whether or not and if, how many of them are killed by prisoners.

I just watched a vid of someone who got an outstanding score of over 4M by luring a ton of targets into the main building and keeping them there until it went up in flames. It caused multiple environmental kills, multi kills and targets hidden, amassing a huge amount of points. He killed the rest mostly by lamps dropping on their heads and then shooting the bodies into snow piles to hide them. Took over 8 minutes.

Tags:
🡱 🡳