Hitman 2 (2018)

Started by Art Blade, November 11, 2018, 02:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

finally unlocked my last reward suit for killing 15 elusive targets :)

Default starting position, NO loadout.. still silent assassin :gnehe:

And as luck would have it.. Friday 13th.. NO SOUND lol edit: added music.

Dweller_Benthos

He's so stealthy, it's completely SILENT!  :laughsm:  :banghead:

Seriously, anyone who goes out in public looking like that deserves what they get.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Art Blade

And now with sound again :anigrin: (I had somehow managed to change the setup for OBS, must have mis-clicked once and set the sound device to "default" but now I set it to desktop speakers and it works again)

Dweller_Benthos

So the guy on the balcony with the binoculars is deaf?
D_B

Art Blade

He's called "the Cashmerian" whose suit was unlocked by completing the challenge and no.. if you fire a weapon without suppressor behind him, he'll instantly turn around :anigrin: I wasn't allowed to do anything to him as a "complication" of the escalation challenge.

I think that rifle is one out of just two with extreme suppression, and there are 10 sniper rifles available. The other extremely silent one would be a Sieger 300 "Ghost" (4 zoom levels, best sniper rifle) but it doesn't have body-piercing rounds. Its description states that it's sub-sonic.

From a halfway logical point of view, it doesn't make sense that such a silent rifle as the Arctic, probably with subsonic bullet speed, is capable of piercing several people with just one bullet. Anyway.. I don't care about that detail, it's not a war sim anyway. So what does make this rifle really special is that it is the only one with body-piercing rounds and on top an excellent suppressor plus it's got the Marksman perk which allows you to slow down time while aiming.  :thumbsup:

The other rifle with body-piercing rounds is a Jaeger 7 variant ("Lancer") but it's not silenced and it doesn't have the Marksman perk. One shot with that rifle may pierce several people but at the time, it will alert the whole map to your position :gnehe: So it was worth grinding for the Arctic sniper rifle. Lousy zoom but else, a very good rifle and one out of now five rifles with Marksman perk.

The other four Marksman rifles are variants of the Sieger 300 rifle. I usually only take the Ghost both because of its 4 zoom levels (the only rifle capable of that) and the subsonic suppressor (until the Arctic came, it was the only one with that silent a suppressor) Well, and the Marksman perk is also very nice. :anigrin: I'll continue using the "old" Ghost but now I've got a unique alternative. :)

Art Blade

hey, I added some music to that no sound vid. And actually, it's so good I deem it one of my best vids. The music fits so well both regarding length and how it matches the dramatic changes. Crazy.

:)

Also, by the way, notice how I manage to pull off a silent assassin in one single go right after the target arrives, no restarts. It was possible because this ET, when it was released for Hitman 2016 for the first time, was the first ET that I dared to develop my own approach for. More precisely, I had watched one but thought it wasn't really that good and decided to improve it, so I was VERY nervous because I didn't know whether or not it would actually w0#k. It worked. I still remember the routine, which is why I could pull it off like that. To make sure it worked, I did a practice run in the Paris map so I knew where to turn exactly and which staircase to use but it was almost instantly correct. It also occurred to me that I didn't need any loadout which makes it look even cooler.

Now I wanted to be very fast finishing it for Hitman 2. You can tell I was quick when you look at the final score, ranking #17/18 GLOBAL lol it means that worldwide only 18 players—including myself—had completed this elusive target by the time I finished. Subsequently, I was one of the first few to upload a corresponding vid :)

Imagine my shock when I realised there was no sound.. a great run and no sound.. later I had the idea to check out for the first time how adding music in the YouTube editor worked. Very clumsy all that and it doesn't even add the track title let alone adding credits to the musician. I had to redo (without saving) the whole process in order to memorise the track title and artist and added it myself into the vid description. Fair is fair. ;)

Art Blade

I just finished all the new stuff they had added, back to 100% of all in-game challenges and whatever there is to complete, not only steam achievements. So.. hehe.. it just feels better knowing there isn't anything stupid left to do.

There will be new stuff soon. As I understand it, they will release a new map this month, it's for expansion pass holders only, and it's going to be the last time they'll release a new map for expansion pass holders. It's a tropical island :) There are surely going to be new steam achievements linked to it but well, I don't mind that. I mean, come on, a tropical island! :)

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah the music on that video matches nicely, I had no idea youtube even offered that sort of thing.

Let's just hope the new map achievements don't include any multiplayer ones....
D_B

Art Blade

cheers :)

And unlikely, it's not a sniper map meaning there's no multiplayer mode for it but who knows.. wait and see :)

Art Blade

this was fun, and the reward, too: a "Pukanade"  :anigrin: (an emetic hand grenade lol)

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

So now you'll be able to just toss that grenade at some people and they will all run off looking for a place to hurl? Oh boy, I'm sure you'll make good use of that!  :evil2: :laughsm:
D_B

Art Blade

I very much hope so, on both occasions :anigrin:

Thinking of crowded places like the market place in Marrakesh or a ball room / fashion show in a chateau in Paris.. I haven't tried it yet. There will be one thing that needs to be considered: Typically crowds are composed of a ton of random "crowd" AI and just a few "regular" AI bustling about within the crowd AI. Only the regular ones, those that can be seen as dots on the mini map, will be affected by nausea. Crowd AI may panic but won't for instance alarm a guard about your presence and wrong-doings so anything that's more specific than walking, standing and panicking will be limited to a few people. Meaning, you need to pick your location carefully as you'll only have ONE grenade throughout the mission.

Then I wonder, what will it be like setting off one of those. You may remember the "flash" phone in my Freak Double Kill short vid. It didn't just flash someone to temporary blindness. It also produced a sound that resembled a military grade explosive device. I think that's quite useless. Can't secretly just blind someone silently, no, the whole area gets wind of it thanks to the tremendous bang. If the grenade explodes with a similarly impressive bang then I doubt it will be useful. We'll see. Maybe it's silent because a loud bang usually overrides any other activity of nearby AI as they'll think it must be something hostile. For instance, if someone was made sick and they're on their way to the bathroom, they don't "see" you as someone trespassing illegally. They're busy being sick. But if you drop a gun or worse, pick it up (while wearing a civilian outfit) in front of them they will instantly snap out of their sickness and go into full alert mode.

I'll let you know when I tested it :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳