"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on October 04, 2019, 08:12:34 AM
Leave in the ambulance, "There's too many dead people here!" lol

:laughsm: :thumbsup:

Art Blade

:anigrin:

I like that you guys are playing this game in your mind now :anigrin: Yep, playing it triggers all sorts of comments like the one Dweller posted there. I keep having fun playing the game and by the way, the NPCs have lots of dialogue and one-liners that very much remind me of FC2, they're equally silly and funny. :bigsmile:

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on October 05, 2019, 01:27:17 PM
... by the way, the NPCs have lots of dialogue and one-liners that very much remind me of FC2, they're equally silly and funny. :bigsmile:

That alone would make it fun to play the game  :thumbsup:

Dweller_Benthos

Every time I think about playing I get the idea that it's as easy as Art makes it look and then I remember it's probably not even close to that easy and I'd get frustrated very soon, so I live vicariously through Art's vids.
D_B

Art Blade

:anigrin:

What you see is how to make it as easy as it looks. The "trick" is, you can't just rush in with guns blazing. You can't even rush in without guns blazing. How I see it, it's finding a safe path through the environment, away from prying eyes, and find a window of opportunity as well. You practice by just going straight for the target, run into something, start over and try to avoid running into that something, and keep doing it until you're in a good position. Then make your way out, typically the same way you went in only you go back to the start which is likely close to an exit. Or the exit is somewhere else, so you need to find a safe path to the exit. After some time, you'll know where the exits are, you can see that sometimes I prepared a kill, went to the exit, hit the detonator, and done. Poison is much easier as you don't have to worry about being associated with the deceased plus nobody chases you after a poison attack unless they spot you poisoning someone or something :gnehe:

In other words, as I play it, the game is preparing the type of death you prefer (poison, guns..) and memorising paths to and from the target. In between, memorising the target's routine so you can get to them when it's best for you. It is only really difficult when you play "suit only" and more so when you play on Master difficulty. That's when you need to be very precise.

What you see me doing in those recent "all classic challenges in one go" vids is just the result of previous exploring and testing, knowing the map well enough that I can pull it off. For the achievements, you need a SnA/SO and a SA/SO so I even combine that to SnA/SA/SO which is a bit over the top, you don't have to do that. But I find it funnier to prepare on master difficulty because you'll immediately learn how to pull it off as you will have to restart every time lol. And if you pull it off, you will bag all those achievements for the lower difficulties.

Once I'm done with the stuff you see in the vids, I play like a moron. John Wick, Rambo, The Ripper... the game is fun if you don't have to focus on achievements ;)

Dweller_Benthos

That's what would stumble me, is all the planning ahead of time and trial and error, I think I'd get frustrated and just give up.
D_B

Art Blade

What I can tell of all the people who DON'T play Hitman: they're not patient enough, none of them. And they more or less said so, too. :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

Thing is, I have to be patient and careful with details at w0#k all day, so it's not anything I want to do when I go home and play games, lol
D_B

Art Blade

:)

A new challenge. It was difficult, check the changed rules for level 3 compared to level 2 (1 and 2 are essentially identical only 2 adds one more target)

without phone (Level 2)

with phone (Level 3)

Art Blade

I hate this one. But managed.

Dweller_Benthos

That's a longer one, I'll have to watch it later when I can focus on it for that long.
D_B

Art Blade

enjoy, you'll at least get to see something :) I really don like that mission/Elusive Target. It's very dangerous because the risk of failure is present from start to end. Important to understand: either taking the USB stick or killing the target locks you in, either you pass or you fail but you cannot retry. That's what makes those ETs so difficult and two objectives is twice as dangerous.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah that's another thing that would ruin this game for me, not being able to retry stuff like that, I know most of the time I would fail and be locked out. The only thing I'd be able to do is follow your video exactly and try not to mess up lol.
D_B

Art Blade

:bigsmile:

It's for exactly that reason that I post my Hitman videos. OK, I can show off in them but I think I rarely do. Most of them are the result of several tries, some required quite a lot of tries to achieve the goal. I hate any adrenaline rush and running into unknown situations, probably panicking. So I try to find the best way and that makes me stay cool and calm. Since I am patient and most people are not, I can and do come up with different solutions than most videos show and I believe my solutions are easier. I believe I can say that because I watched many vids from a range of uploaders, like, those who are somewhat popular or known in the Hitman scene. When I tried to replicate some of their stuff, I realised that they were either quite reckless or required meticulous timing. None of that is what I want. I want to get through a mission without putting myself at risk. That logically results in silent assassin ratings. And all of that results in an easy approach.

When you look at my last, very long, ET vid you'll notice that I blew open the safe but did NOT take the USB stick out. The reason is probably not obvious for you but I'll explain: I prepared the pick-up for after killing the target. In case I didn't get a perfect situation to kill the target, I wouldn't be locked in by having picked up the USB stick and would have had the option to restart. And my kill setup was great, you saw it, there wasn't anybody around when I killed her, even if she had spotted me I could have killed her in any other way and hidden her body in the closet of the same room. After the kill went smoothly, I had nothing to worry about the USB stick anymore. The only enforcer was slumbering away in the bathroom of some suite.. so nobody would see through my disguise in the security room. The safe was already "unlocked" so no problem there, either. Just walk in, pick it up, and walk to the exit. The only risk was getting spotted on my way down and out, I had to pass that enforcer at the reception and you saw me dodge him, that was a bit too close for comfort but my own fault. I could have waited a bit more or checked his routine when I was preparing for the final run. Anyway, it worked. Slow, yes, but as safe as it could get, I think.

And if my vids helped just one player, that's already great. They'll be happy to have found a solution that matches their style or is of the desired (slow) pace. Should also make it easy for them to replicate it.

Overall, I get positive comments and feedback, and I keep getting new subscribers. Of course there are always some people who unsubscribe or who "dislike" my videos but my channel is doing fine considering it's not a dedicated help channel and the vids that I post are kind of random, I don't cover all the *bleep* there is. Right now, I've got 92 subscribers and 705 likes versus 39 dislikes for 199 uploaded videos which have accumulated 38,788 views. All that in little more than one year. Quite OK I should think. :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳