Hitman 2 (2018)

Started by Art Blade, November 11, 2018, 02:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

I was wondering about you not picking up the USB stick, that makes sense now. I thought it was because you had just blown open the safe that the guards would be more suspicious at that time and needed a bit to "cool down" before you could "commit another crime" as it were. But not locking into the sequence when you don't have to is a good policy.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

actually, I would like you to watch a vid about the same ET with commentary and exploration. It will give you a very good idea of what it is all about and he also skips the USB for the same reason. I know that guy for some time now and we've been associating/linking our channels. Enjoy his vid :)

Art Blade

Phantom Suit
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Thanks to Bulcer, a very nice and brilliant young Ukrainian YouTuber, who helped me all the way from start to end to get this suit in Ghost Mode (a reward for 100 undetected kills in a competitive 1v1 online mode but we did not compete) which took maybe two weeks. We did not play every day, but when we did, it was usually 10 kills for me per session. I would never have thought it possible but I got it. Unlike that American guy who did nothing except talking and then vanishing, Bulcer was actively helping me, always nice and polite, and he didn't get anything from helping me except making me happy. :) Well, he asked me for helping him getting that suit but he only needed 9 kills to get it. I needed 100. So once he got his suit, he kept helping me regardless :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Very cool of him to help out, that seems like a long slog otherwise, if dealing with the general player population.
D_B

Art Blade

yes. I my opinion Hitman has always been a SP game and that ghost mode just doesn't fit. Now that I played it somewhat extensively, I can tell you that many rules of the game had been changed or bent just to make ghost mode possible. In other words, it's not even a classic Hitman rule set. Two examples: All doors are unlocked by default. And, you can't bring anything. The weapons you find and starting points are random. Meaning, the outcome of a match can be anything from good to bad depending on random things and if you've got an actual 1v1, the other player will also try to make your life miserable while trying to win. Simply put: Ghost mode is *bleep*. :anigrin:

Art Blade

I never recorded this mission so here we go.. To explain a little what's going on and why I did what:

The three targets are walking around in different areas and each of their routines is extensive and each of them got their own different security detail. So I can't use one disguise for everything.

First I lure a mansion guard because he's conveniently just there for the picking, good timing, for his disguise which I'll need for the second and third target. I don't take his disguise right then because it would turn people into enforcers (seeing through that disguise) who would make the attempt on the first target more difficult. In my normal suit I can hop over the wall without alerting the guy next to it. He would see through the mansion guard disguise. I picked the woman first because it is easy to get her there and I can destroy the surveillance system there. The other two systems are harder to get to.

After the first kill I use the disguise of the guy I hid in the box. It allows me to just walk into the compound of the third target but there are quite a few enforcers. I don't take out the third target there because he's on a routine that I can't easily get to him at that time so I run through to get the second target.

The second target is in an area (coca plantation) at that time that is both close to the third target (mansion) and I am allowed there using the mansion disguise. Most parts of the coca plantation is off limit wearing that disguise, so the timing is good. Unfortunately the coca guy's routine is extremely random so he can be in very inconvenient places but I got quite lucky. The phone is the best way to get him, you'll see how many guards and workers are around who would see any assault.

After that kill I run back to the mansion to get the third target who is now conveniently in a location of the mansion where I can take him out easily. I dropped the weapon a bit too early to distract a guard so my target doesn't walk as planned towards the back.. I had to improvise distracting a house maid but it worked, lethal poison syringe.

The nearest exit would be a speed boat but the key is a bit complicated to get so I run for the chopper which takes less time.

My original first successful approach back then took about 20+ minutes so this is a major improvement. The ranking is full of cheaters as you will be able to guess. Anyway.. I hope you enjoy that mission :)

Dweller_Benthos

Nice, I didn't get to watch it all yet, busy with other things, but I see you actually shot the first once, nice to go old school lol.
D_B

Art Blade

Art Blade

a crazy Halloween escalation. Level 3 is STILL being processed (4 hours since I started the upload) so it might not show yet but is supposed to once the processing is finished.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXR7mtjXne0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CgsWKX812oI

https://youtu.be/D47TP0MAN3o

Art Blade

something on YouTube's end went wrong with that third vid. Very wrong. I decided to upload it again.

The progress bar for uploading was stuck at 6% all the time. Eventually I could see in my vid overview of the YT studio beta that it would be public once it was being processed. It never happened.

Now the new upload shows quick progress, it is already at 31% after just a few minutes. OK, it's a 4.63 GB file so.. not going to happen in two shakes of a lamb's tail :)

Art Blade

Now it's "already" uploaded but it's not making any progress regarding its processing.

"This is taking longer than expected. Your video has been queued and will be processed as soon as possible."

Annoying.

Art Blade

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Phew! No thanks to youtube! I'll watch that tonight when I can relax and put my attention on the whole thing.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳