Hitman 2 (2018)

Started by Art Blade, November 11, 2018, 02:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

cheers :bigsmile:

Hehe, yeah, I used that Santa suit because it was literally the very last "new" challenge, ever, and it's about the time of the year now.

The last challenge: After one year of Hitman 2, the devs have now stopped developing new stuff for it and also put all remaining bugs on their "backlog" which means, they're not going to fix them anymore. They fixed the important stuff so what remains is something I can live with and we will have to, anyway.

The devs will keep publishing old stuff from Hitman 2016 for the legacy pack owners of Hitman 2 and perhaps repeat the Elusive Targets series as they did in the previous game.

However, essentially, it's over now.

They also said that they're now focussing on the NEXT HITMAN O0

Dweller_Benthos

Pretty well done, and honestly it seems they are running out of ideas, a couple of those seemed a bit silly really.  But you did them all very smoothly, I know I would have flubbed that theft mission so badly.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

I completely agree. Many of them seem to belong in a totally different game, considering this is a contract killer breaking and entering or stealing briefcases.. yep. Some were fun, a lot were a chore.. but I discovered that I started to like them and then upload the results. It's pretty nice to get positive feedback from viewers who at times told me that my stuff was the best on YouTube :bigsmile:

Art Blade

I decided to redo my old guide. It got a good amount of likes but also quite a few dislikes and I think they were right. My old guide is among my most popular vids with over 1,500 views so I thought I might give it another shot.

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Instructional videos like this are good ones to get views. Most times though not complete end to end views, as people watch it long enough to get the idea to find what they are looking for and then stop watching.
D_B

Art Blade

yeah.

"Funny" is if they didn't watch enough of the vid so they get an idea but miss out on an important fact and then they return to comment on your vid how it didn't w0#k. :banghead:

Also, I just had an exchange in the comments section with a guy who called my edited—from 60 to 14 minutes to focus on the important parts—guide for "Blake's Endeavour" the "the worst guide" because he died and because I didn't show all locations. I told him he could save/reload to avoid death and that a fully guided tour around the map wasn't the purpose of the vid. ::)

fragger

Well, as they say, you can't please everybody. There will always be the ones who blame others for their own ineptitude. I've struck that sort of thing too - not with any of the 3 or 4 tiny clips that I've uploaded, but on others where it has been very apparent that the complainer either didn't watch the whole video before mouthing off, or they missed the point and got the wrong idea.

There's always a few ::)

Art Blade

yes, indeed. I didn't escalate the exchange so it ended peacefully but I was really tempted to go a completely different direction.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah as far as video comments go, the old mantra of "don't feed the trolls" is one to live by. I get very few "bad" comments on my FC2 videos so I don't have to deal with it much. A few go along the lines of "I can't make it w0#k" when usually it requires a set of trick jumps while running and almost invariably it's someone using a controller on a console and they don't have the fine control that you do with mouse and keyboard, and usually I gently remind them of that. I can only think of one comment that may have been an insult in another language, at least as far as I'm aware it is, but in the context seemed to be a more familiar off hand remark, like one you'd make to a friend when they do something dumb and you call them an idiot. So who knows.
D_B

Art Blade

usually I get nice comments, this one was the 2nd not so nice one. The first one was for Thief Simulator and he said "not on hard mode? lame." I deleted that without commenting. :anigrin:

Art Blade

this is a response to the comparatively many dislikes of my original Narcissus vid which I made after being frustrated that people never watched any videos start to end, only zapping through, so I then decided to make just that: a zap of a mission, some sugar around, done. Many liked that, though. However, this here is the complete challenge pack as easy as it gets, NO loadout, default starting position, so even a complete newbie can do it. ;)

old

new

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah there's always that fine line between leaving more in and making the video longer where some people will quit halfway through or not watch at all, and editing out some stuff and maybe making it less obvious what is going on.
D_B

Art Blade

it was an experiment and it paid off, in a way. :anigrin:

Art Blade

My first vid from the new rig :) I hope you notice the much higher gfx quality, especially while I'm waiting outside and look around a lot.

ET#20. No fail. But looooong waiting :anigrin:

https://youtu.be/ovgyUuaUSjg

Tags:
🡱 🡳