Hitman 2 (2018)

Started by Art Blade, November 11, 2018, 02:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Dweller_Benthos

Pretty cool. Though it does sound like they need to fix some things.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

I'm still encouraged to try the game one of these days, AB, despite the discouraging news that FC2 programming (instant awareness) is alive and well even in Hitman.

Probably the single characteristic that most deters me from continuing in a game is having to try the same thing countlessly, time after time in order to become successful. In real life, I detest having to do the same thing time and again, and do all I can to avoid that kind of a waste of time.

Art Blade

hey, you don't have to worry about that kind of awareness because it doesn't happen 99% of the game. ONLY if you try that "sniper challenge" which makes it a bit difficult but you don't have to take on those challenges.

Generally speaking, it is a slow-paced game, you can usually take all the time you need. Once you've learned the maps, you may speed some things up to your liking. :)

By the way, the sniper game I used to have back in the summer which was for pre-purchasing the game, is now integrated into Hitman 2. Meaning, you may just choose that game mode, sit in a sniper's nest, and shoot whatever you want :anigrin:

Art Blade

this here is an example how blind the AI can be, at least when playing on casual difficulty.
Have fun and start a massacre :) Ever stopped a car race with a shotgun? :evil2:

Art Blade

I uploaded that master mode sniper assassin challenge almost the way I played it when I unlocked the achievement, so yes, this is the second time but I had so much practice that I made it harder for me and still it worked in one flow. Master mode allows only one savegame, and only once during the mission. And you'll see what I mean with "buggy and glitched" when I used that savegame once. Erm, twice.. because retrieving the rifle and snapping that guard's neck who was lying next to the suitcase used the same action, hold (X). Great. :D Oh, you DON'T have to snipe that heart. A squish would do just as well as killing Soders isn't part of the Sniper Assassin challenge. However, I wanted to do it like that for fun. :) Just as well, you may find it strange that I emptied all my inventory slots and that I didn't choose a different starting location. Well, what I did was what you get if you haven't reached level mastery 20 in Hokkaido, you only get all slots of your inventory once you reached level 20 of that map, the highest level. The hidden stash for the sniper already unlocks at level 4, doable. I made it harder for me than I had to, just for fun. :evil2:

You're going to watch a non-stop, uncut, not edited, slow-paced playthrough because that's the way I wanted to play it. :) I'll give you a second vid (rather short or, fast paced) from some guy I found on YouTube only today, he played it nicely but "dirty" (not silent assassin) and used quite a different approach. He would pass the challenge like that just as well, he explains it at the end. Apparently he's the only other guy who uploaded a playthrough of Sniper Assassin on master mode for Hitman 2 legacy pack, Hokkaido.

And now, here's mine :anigrin: Relax when watching it, it's proper Hitman, not a speed run ;)

And here the quick and dirty way by Woopzilla. Clever nonetheless. :thumbsup:

PZ

Nice  O0 I like slow paced games in which you are given the time to thoroughly think about what you are to do.

This also somewhat translates into real life for me. For example, I'm doing a full bathroom remodel in which the shower is removed to be replaced by a sauna, a new toilet is installed, and a sunken bathtub removed (necessitating a floor rebuild) to be replaced with a claw foot tub. Naturally my wife wanted to have our miniature wine fridge available so electrical is also required for both the sauna and the wine fridge.

That sounds like a long list of things to do for me, a completely inexperienced construction guy, so I need to be able to do general construction, plumbing, electrical, and painting. Back on the original point, whenever she asked why it was taking so long my reply has always been "I need to think about it"  :gnehe:

Art Blade

indeed, I believe that spontaneity requires very thorough consideration. :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

I love how in the race mission you can just keep shooting the cars and they pile up and no one cares. Plus the last two people on the dock, just for the fun of it, and dumping the guy in the harbor, so funny.

I liked your run of the Hokkaido mission more than the other guy's. Much more careful, thought out and, well, sneaky, as that is the main point of the game as I see it. Though the complete CARnage (heheh, yes I did that) of the Miami race was also fun.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on December 16, 2018, 05:01:44 AMI liked your run of the Hokkaido mission more than the other guy's. Much more careful, thought out and, well, sneaky, as that is the main point of the game as I see it.

Referring to me playing the Hitman series, that is the nicest thing I've ever heard and the first praise I accept as a genuine "like." Thank you very much, Dweller :) And yes, that's what the game is all about. Watching other "tutorials," I keep telling myself, "I don't have to do it that quickly, it's not a speed run." :anigrin:

As for the rest of your post, hehe, cheers :anigrin: I do see the fun aspects of the game and love to fool around in it, too :bigsmile:

PZ

One thing I can say for certain is that the folks here at OWG are orders of magnitude more thoughtful than the average gamer.

Art Blade

haha, I believe you're right :)

PZ

:bigsmile:

I wish more game developers would bring parts of their other games into the experience of the current game. I'd love to play some of the older Assassin's Creed maps in the current gaming environment, however, I realize that the different settings make that virtually impossible.

Art Blade

with regards to Hitman 2, they patched something and ruined something else. They're in for quite some hard w0#k to fix the effects that patch had, and they are aware of many bugs: there will be a patch out in December. I reckon there will be more patches, but at least they DO care about us :)

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳