Hitman 2 (2018)

Started by Art Blade, November 11, 2018, 02:05:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

That's pretty cool, and of course someone gets an amazing time, and you wonder if they are hacking like in the other missions to get impossible scores.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

cheers :)

And yes, that's exactly what I was thinking first: "What the *bleep*! A cheater on my 'test' contract?!"

But then again, I know there are very good players out there.

So I then tried my very best to see whether or not it was actually possible to get that time. And I beat it. So it wasn't a cheater.

But damn, he must have played it a couple of times, you can tell by watching me how flawless it had to be, like firing that tranq dart literally into the blue—it has got a massive drop so you need to aim really high for that bit of distance and you literally haven't got the time for aiming around randomly. You need to practice a blind shot.

If you miss that shot, fail the 20-seconds-mark. If you time it wrong, you may actually hit the woman :D I did that a lot of times. :gnehe:

If she drops down unconscious, you've got three problems: 20 s, gone. One guard up and nothing to pacify him with except choking him.. too slow. And last but not least: no unconscious person can be injected with a syringe: mission objective failed, 20,000 less score. new #1? never.

So after many attempts I had found out how to get it right, it was now only a matter of beating random *bleep* like the woman running into the dart, me missing the shot.. so I had to optimise and practice my own path and timing of the first shot. Then the second shot, too.

That also influenced where the woman would be, like you see now, she wasn't supposed to wander away but I got lucky because it actually played in my hands: while she was busy dying, the guard was about to pass out, I had time to LOOK FOR THE CAR KEY.. oh man, how often I grabbed the pistol or simply NOT the key.. you NEED the key to unlock the exit and only one guard drops it. So I had to force myself to slow down just enough to spot and grab the key, not running past it or grabbing random stuff like pistols.

So the woman dropped away from the guards which was fortunate because she too drops a key (for the "medico," she's running a practice down the road as you can see in the creation video where I grabbed the lethal poison jar and the scissors) So if she drops onto the guards, the keys mingle with weapons and all that.. 20 s, gone. In my case, just about perfect.

The last part I had to improve was actually activating the exit. I kept hitting the wrong keys on my keyboard. So I even remapped the key for "exit" in order to get it right without looking.

So all in all, it took a lot of preparation to get that time down. Which to me means, either that guy was a super pro (but he's got a YouTube channel and there are no Hitman speed runs of any sorts) or he cheated or he practiced a lot. I think the latter.

I practiced more. :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah it seems even with practice, you've still got some RNG to deal with and hope you get good luck with how things fall, literally, lol.

Then run them over with the truck on the way out, just to be sure.
D_B

Art Blade

If that had counted as you suggest ("to make sure") it would have failed a top rating because I at least killed a non-target guard by running him over. They actually had to fix those car exits, there are more than one maps that allow exiting by car.

What had kept happening before the fix: You had a perfect run as in "targets only" and then you exit by car and run over one or more people, non-target killed, AFTER FINISHING. 4-star rating (rather then 5)  :D

Dweller_Benthos

Oh yeah that would suck, thinking you're all set, then after you get in and drive away, where, I presume you can't control the path of the vehicle, you hit someone and ruin the score. I expect they changed the end of the mission marker from "driving away" to "got in the vehicle" as that's the last time the player has control.

Still funny though. I don't suppose there's a way to actually kill a target and get credit for it by running them over? Talk about accidental kill lol  :anigrin:
D_B

Art Blade

hehe, no, you can only finish the mission after killing the target. Meaning, the car would remain parked and not marked as an exit :) And indeed, that driving away is scripted.

Art Blade

on an aside, Dweller, now that you've seen most aspects of the game.. wouldn't it be something for you, too?

fragger

Must be some hefty programming code behind the mechanics of this game :huh-new:

Art Blade

which probably is one of the reasons why I love it so much. :)

fragger

Dweller_Benthos

I mean everything else in the game can be used as a weapon, why not a vehicle? Should be an option.

I enjoy watching the videos you make, Art, but I know for sure I wouldn't like this game to play it. Aside from the 3rd person thing, I'm just not up for all the planning and forethought required, as I'm more of a "run-and-gun" type of person. I know I'd get frustrated somewhere along the line and just start shooting people. I mentioned playing No One lives Forever and in that are a few missions where stealth is required and they aren't nearly as intricate as any of the Hitman missions and they frustrate me, so Hitman would just annoy me out of the box. I'd have to be watching walkthrough videos all the time and follow them step by step just to finish. Forget about those mission you can only play once and if you fail, it's over, ugh.
D_B

Art Blade

alright, fair enough :)

So you may keep enjoying my vids.. this one took forever to make it happen. Enjoy. :gnehe:

BinnZ

:o :laughsm: :laughsm: :laughsm: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Terrific kill!!! +1 :bigsmile:
"No hay luz"

PZ

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on May 10, 2019, 07:50:10 AM
... I know I'd get frustrated somewhere along the line and just start shooting people.

:laughsm: O0

Some of my games allow that running and gunning, and others require planning like Hm2. I like both, but the mood needs to be just right.

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳