Red Dead Redemption 2

Started by PZ, November 30, 2018, 07:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

:anigrin:

this is 80% quality for the file size's sake but still it looks quite good I think. I've been exploring a lot and was mostly ignoring the story.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

BinnZ

Steam says I've been playing it for 4 hours. I expected more, but well, that's the facts huh  :)

I really enjoyed the snow and was actually a bit disappointed it had all melted away, reaching chapter II. In free roam I've only killed some sort of deer, and later been busy for half an hour trying to donate it to the butcher. Well I managed, in the end :anigrin:

My Arthur looks quite wild. I think his beard keeps growing, he looks like a desperado in my game :gnehe:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

you can grow it and your hair, too, quite long actually :) I don't want him to look like that in my game so I keep trimming his beard  :anigrin:

BinnZ

Heheh, I'll keep it growing, wonder how long it will actually get :evil2:
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

if you really want it to grow, use "hair tonic" a lot, you can buy it in a shop ;)

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

Dweller_Benthos

Maybe I'll get this, people keep saying it's a decent story and all, I don't know. I still have a lot to do in Generation Zero and No Man's Sky.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

I'd agree that it is a good story. For me the game does't have much in replay value, but I was mesmerized as I went through the game the first time.  I'll probably go through again one of these days because even on the console the graphics are among the best I have ever seen. My only disappointment was that you could not go to Mexico, even though the map exists.  I thought they would have released DLC by now for a Mexican area expansion. If that happened, I'd be all over it.

Art Blade

Binn, it wasn't a joke even though it sounded like one, hair tonic DOES make your hair grow faster :)

I went the opposite way.

after a haircut and a shave
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

BinnZ

I know that wasn't a joke. RDR gotta be full of quack... kinda fits the time, doesn't it? :gnehe:

Or actually, fits all times :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

fragger

I assume that's the barber standing behind you. Why does he look so nervous? Maybe he's thinking, "I hope this mean-looking hombre doesn't see what I did to the hair at the back of his head..."

I also assume that $293.79 is how much money you have on you, not how much the haircut cost ???

Art Blade

he is the barber and he's always looking like that. The trim was impeccable for just a few cents :gnehe:

Money is rare, kind of, and the value is different from today. Some things seem a bit odd, though: You can sell a horse for a few bucks but buying a complete outfit (clothes) can easily cost over a hundred. By today's standards, a horse would be comparable to a car so the price for an outfit would be comparable to a mansion :D

BinnZ

Yes, the economy is a bit strange. I stole a horse that was gooood looking, beautiful red fur, shiny, with white spots, but when I sold it they only gave me 2 bucks for it. WTF? 2 bucks? However, if you buy a horse, prices start at 120 bucks. But that's a special horse, with more than the usual stamina or speed, I suppose. Special breed ;)
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

the highest price I got for a horse that I tamed was slightly under $6 for a literal Mustang :anigrin:

Art Blade

Quote from: BinnZ on November 29, 2019, 11:53:13 AM
I found an interactive map, very user friendly:

RDR2 map

what I like about the map above is that you see a lot of basic stuff that I may need especially as a new player. What I don't like is that they force you to open a "pro" account to see everything.

I found another one, different stuff, no account needed but it lacks stuff the map above shows. Well, it's a good addition I think.

https://reddeadredemption2map.de/c/#5/-69.178/-68.972

And another one, lots of stuff there.

https://www.ign.com/maps/red-dead-redemption-2/world

Tags:
🡱 🡳