Red Dead Redemption 2

Started by PZ, November 30, 2018, 07:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Well, the trainer gives me unlimited stamina/health/ability and a "fix player" option. I still need to fill up my cores, but I do not really worry about them due to god mode. Weapons still need to be cleaned manually
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

OK, imagine that. Still some stuff to take care of. The game is so packed with stuff we need to do that it's a miracle there's time left for stuff we want to do. :anigrin:

fragger

Geez, it was probably easier living in the REAL West :gnehe:

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, I got that second horse, but I really never take it with me. Too much time spent maintaining horses already, I'm not keen on adding another to that. So it stays at camp just standing there. That drunken night out really killed my stamina, I think it's that anyway, the lightning bolt icon, it keeps nagging me that it's low. Eating stuff doesn't seem to do much, but that's all canned food, I'll have to take Art's advice and cook stuff, I've been just selling it to the trapper or giving it to the camp provisions.

But aside from that, I was out exploring and made a camp to rest, so my stamina would come back up a little. Didn't get to rest because those inbred cannibal guys came by and threatened me. Well, I get up, and head out. Come across two of them in a wagon kidnapping some people, and I didn't realize it was them until they had killed the people, so I missed that opportunity, but killed both of them and looted all the bodies (why do I get negative karma looting normal people that I didn't kill? Wasn't my fault, no sense leaving that stuff to waste) and dumped them all in the river. Left the wagon, wasn't sure if I could take it somewhere and sell it, and was too far from anyplace I could find out, so I took off. Stumbled on the cave where those guys live and eat people, so I figured might as well take them out. I only saw two or three so I figured it wouldn't be too hard, but it turned out to be about a dozen or so. Tough fight, but I did pretty good at it, though I was running low on pistol ammo and I still don't quite have the hang of how dead eye works yet, so I wasted a lot. Looted all them, and their victims, got dinged on the karma again, but wasn't much, and made it back by helping a guy get out of a bear trap later on.

But still, the survival stuff isn't my favorite part of the game, having to eat all the time, etc. I think they went for a little too much realism there.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

yep.. it's constantly about getting food, eating and cleaning. Same goes for horses. And, in a way, if you call ammo food, it goes for weapons, too. Like, hunt something, brush and feed the horse, cook your hunted animal, eat it. Clean the weapons and get ammo. Eat something. And brush, pat and feed the horse. Hunt something again, cook that stuff and eat some, keep some for later. Feed the horse. Pat it, brush it. Check the weapons. Return to the camp with hunted animals or their meat so the camp doesn't starve. Pay for provisions once you upgraded the camp. But keep returning to the camp or they will send out someone, like Bill, to find and lecture you. Seriously, if you stay away for a few days, someone from the camp pops up no matter how far away you are. Find (hunt) stuff for upgrades. Go to the trapper, or Pearce the camp's cook, or the fence, to change hunted stuff for upgrades and other things. Hunt and craft some more. Eat, feed the horse, brush and pat it. Cook. Return to camp so you can go out again to buy ammo for the next hunt. Clean the weapon and the horse. Maybe book a hotel room and a bath if you're in town. Eat something. Brush the horse. Feed it.

Wasn't there something else in between? Ah yes, story and side missions..

nex

Will wait for the game to drop in price before even looking at purchasing it,
1000.00 bucks on Steam is a bit steep for me  :o
Respect is earned, not given.

PZ

The degree of attention to health, stamina, etc. is a bit over the top for me as well. I would not mind occasionally taking care of myself and my horse, but the amount of time spent doing so is disproportionate to doing other more interesting things in the game.

You all remember the travel between areas in FC2, which got to be a bit tiresome if you had to travel the same roads dozens of times getting there. The stamina, health, etc. is a bit reminiscent of that for me.

Art Blade

Today I force-fed Arthur. I can't tell the exact numbers of all the items, some I do recall, but out of my deep pockets inventory, I had him eat perhaps 20 packs of crackers, 4 chocolate bars, 11 bags of candy, 10 bread rolls, around 15 cooked meats, 10 cans of beans, 5 chunks of salted meat, perhaps 30 packs of assorted cookies and one bottle of fine brandy to wash it all down with. Other than the info on horses, Arthur's stats don't instantly update. I had to feed 7 oat cakes to my again malnourished horse to put it back to "fit" which you can check after each meal you stuff your horse with. Arthur kept being "underweight" so I decided to stop force-feeding him and see whether or not his stats would change after fast-travelling back to camp. There, indeed, he was for the first time of "average" weight. Not even overweight as the sheer amount of junk I put into him would suggest. Average. However, his weight doesn't seem to drop as quickly as the horse's.

PZ

:D That's funny

Now I want to play today, but unfortunately I had a water heater spring a leak during the weekend, and I need to have someone come in to replace it. I already replaced one last year, and now a second has failed. I'm going to replace that one and two more just for piece of mind, so I'm going to be too busy arranging that to play RDR2 today  :undecided-new:

Dweller_Benthos

Ah, too bad stuff like that gets in the way of gaming! Though last time we changed out water heaters, we got rid of the tank version and got an on demand version, saves us close to $100 in propane bills a month.

Back to the game, so far I haven't gotten a notice on anyone's weight, either Arthur or the horse. I don't feed Arthur too often, mostly when I try to boost the stamina level, so maybe that's why it doesn't go up much, he's malnourished? Need to find where it says that. The horse though, I usually feed a carrot or apple to every couple times I ride a good distance, or first thing in the morning. So no idea either on his weight or how to check it.
D_B

Art Blade

You see those stats by hitting ESC, and PLAYER.
There are two tabs, one for Arthur, one for the (main) horse.

:)

Most interesting: The tortured $1 creature with patches of its coat gone and skin torn away, that horse which I rescued and called "Sweet Poor Thing," the one that I've kept ever since, is just such a brave and loyal horse. Stamina 7/10 and health 8/10 are really good values (see horse stats) and not too shabby 3 bars for each speed and acceleration, the horse has proven to be reliable, not easily to be spooked and not to be overly skittish. Of course it freaks out if you try to steer it straight into an alligator's open jaws but else, it's remarkably calm.

I decided to make it my main horse (again) and even leave Paint Job and Milk in the stable after "we" (this horse and I) experienced a very dramatic shoot-out, pursuit and escape. It started for no reason (as it often happens) in St Dennis. I was being shot at, the law after me, and in the middle of that maze of a town. While I was running away on foot, this horse kept following me (despite the shootings!) and was very close so I could eventually mount it and dash off on it. All the while we were being shot at from all angles until we left the town, then pursued by law still shooting at us from behind, and finally we managed to escape. Full gallop across the country following the railroad, we left the red area where I had a bounty on my head. The horse's stamina didn't take much of a dent, the health was almost full, and it was taking me to safety without ever throwing me off. And because it was a temp horse, no saddle boosts applied, even more remarkable how well it did.

What an amazing horse. I really like it and I am so glad that I've kept it :)

After the escape. Sweet Poor thing is a heroine :)
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

The escape (starting bottom right, see markers, to the left and centre, see marker and player symbol)
One marker in St Denis shows the MAIN horse, the other where the shoot-out started.

Escaped!
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Dweller_Benthos

Interesting, and narrow escape thanks to a good horse! I've only been across the "red line" briefly, after chasing down some guy who had a woman tied up on the back of his horse. Other than that, I haven't ventured down that way much yet. Too much other stuff to explore.
D_B

Art Blade

yes, there's an awful lot to explore :anigrin: The map (game world) is fantastic, it seems to be huge, so many details and stuff everywhere. On my map there are still a few areas not totally explored :gnehe:

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Tags:
🡱 🡳