Red Dead Redemption 2

Started by PZ, November 30, 2018, 07:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Getting there, it's always a couple hard to get items that keep a collection from being complete. Like you have to trek to the very edge of the map to find something, then of course, the other items are on the exact opposite side of the map.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Indeed. I'm slowly getting there :gnehe:

Me doing Etta Doyle solo. Added some subtitles to explain some (hopefully) useful information.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

In another instance, her gang members ran past me, only to get executed with some Varmint rifle headshots :evil2:

So, I got a free Moonshine delivery after rejoining a bugged session. Thanks for the free $, Rockstar :laughsm: I don't own a Monnshine Shack so that was weird. Anyway, can't say no thanks to free money.

Managed to pull this off  :evil2: The horse ran for the hills with the NPC on its back :D

Won my first public event :bigsmile:

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

Maybe I'm a slow reader but I had to pause and even rewind the vid several times to be able to read your text overlays. Apart from that, and apart from the "graphics" this mission looked quite easy :)

LowPolyOWG

Well, I set them to a value for 5 seconds. By default, it's 10. Anyway, thanks for the tip, I will look into that for future videos :)

Dweller_Benthos

Nice to know what the bounty hunt missions are like. So, you don't actually have to watch them at the beginning, just be able to hear them, and that will eventually let you know who she is? You've mentioned this one before, you can just keep doing it? I guess she lives up to her word that she will escape. Be funny if after a while she does come after you lol.
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Yeah, there's always a 48 minute cooldown between legendary bounties :)

LowPolyOWG

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah the 40% off horses is already a discount, I doubt they are going to add another one on top of that. I guess I'll have to make a special trip to a stable and buy one.

As for the ones this week, free ability card, already bought them all when they were $10, and I'm sure it doesn't apply to the level 2 or 3 cards. The other ones, discounts on clothes and guns, nothing exciting there.
D_B

Dweller_Benthos

Well, I bought the criollo horse, though I had to fight the game to do it. Since it's linked to the collector role, you have to have collector tokens to unlock it. It says that in the menu when you go to buy it. I had the tokens, I had the money, I had the coupon, but it wouldn't let me buy it. It would just sit there and not do anything. So after fiddling around with it, then trying in the online web store, then going to another stable, then going to the tailor to buy a hat to make sure I could at least buy something, I went to the progress menu and selected the collector role and looked at the things you can unlock. The horse wasn't unlocked, so I unlocked the one I wanted. Still didn't w0#k, and after some more fiddling, went back to the progress menu and noticed that each level of horse has it's own unlock at each progression step, so I had to unlock each level of horse in each menu and then go back to the stable and then I could buy the horse.

Sheesh. Never buying another horse ever, god I hate them in this game.
D_B

Art Blade

I'd rather hate Rockstar's concept.

Dweller_Benthos

God I hate Rockstar's concept of horses in this game.

Back when we were talking about Call of Juarez, I'm pretty sure that game used horse travel? I don't recall hating the horses in that game at all, or even noticing them, they just worked. Whereas the horses in RDR are just a giant pain in the royal behind.
D_B

Art Blade

funny how different your and my perceptions of horses in RDR2 are. I spend probably 80% of the game dealing in whichever way with horses because I love the whole horse concept and you're like 20% because you can't avoid it and hate them. :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

Decided to go back to my GTA Online days. Minus the tank and my bulletproof Kuruma :laughsm: To my surprise, none of them bothered to rush my rooftop spot :gnehe:

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

I noticed some areas in Saint Denis where you can go from rooftop to rooftop, for a little distance anyway.  Good for getting the drop on the cops lol.

Another thing I really don't like about this game is that it won't let you jump unless it thinks there's a thing you can jump up on. So you can't just stand there and jump straight up in the air. It won't even let you jump over a small obstacle unless there's a place it thinks you can jump up onto. I shot down a bird egg one time and it got stuck in the tree on the way down. It was just out of reach. In a normal game, you'd be able to jump up to get close enough to maybe grab it, but no, not in this game, can't even jump at all.

As for horses, they are really the thing that almost make me rage quit. I'm going along a trail at a good pace, not full gallop, just the top speed you go when holding the forward button. I was heading to the old mansion near the swamps that is just south of the civil war battlefield. It has a small bridge you have to go over, it's wide enough for a wagon, much less one horse. So I'm heading along a straight path, toward the middle of the bridge and just as we approach, the horse decides to veer left at the last second, running into the bridge railing, falling over and dumping me off. So stupid.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳