Red Dead Redemption 2

Started by PZ, November 30, 2018, 07:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

that's sparking an idea: stop a coach or cart, anything drawn by horse. Hogtie someone (the driver?) and then free the horse(s) of the vehicle so you can put the captive on their back. Then make the horse flee, with that poor guy still on the back. Should be amusing to watch the pair run off towards the horizon...

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: LowPoly OWG on May 02, 2020, 06:16:47 PM
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Managed to pull this off  :evil2: The horse ran for the hills with the NPC on its back :D

Already did :anigrin:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah that was funny, the horse just ran and ran through the woods with the poor guy on his back. Pretty funny.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

I remember one case particularly well and a few more cases somewhat vaguely: If random event horses (and other animals) start to travel, which they will eventually, they seem to go more or less bee-line and disappear. I once tried to catch such a horse that had had a head start so I was actively tracking it because I couldn't see it any more. The track was enormously long and after like 15 minutes or so of tracking, I found its end in a lake. Same thing with a panther, its track went on and on and stopped near a lake without any sign of the panther. It had just disappeared.

Dweller_Benthos

same here, only usually the track for me ended at the top of a cliff and no sign of it at the bottom or of the animal. There's probably a limit to how long the game keeps track of where and animal is going and it just despawns eventually.
D_B

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Same logic as GTA V then. Turning your camera around deletes objects not in your view.

Dweller_Benthos

Which is why in RDR you face the opposite direction you want to go before calling your horse, it will always spawn behind you if it's not already in range. So, then you turn around, run to meet and and you're already closer to where you're heading. Though probably only works in the online game, the horse in the SP game has to be already within sight I think to be able to find you.
D_B

Art Blade

not quite. It doesn't have to be in sight (how far out of sight is relative to the bonding level) and may come from just any direction which means, from where you left it.

Dweller_Benthos

ah yeah the online horse can be in the next county and you can still call it, and it will spawn behind you out of sight. If you are still in the general area of where you left it, it will just run from there.
D_B

BinnZ

Quote from: LowPoly OWG on June 01, 2020, 02:09:03 PM

Time to wait for the next content drop :bigsmile:

Congratulations G! Really impressive! Kudo from me for keeping focus :thumbsup: :)
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

LowPolyOWG

Tossing another NPC to the fish :evil2:

Looks like the bounty hunter didn't care that his horse got run over  :laughsm:

Lasso "swimming" lessons

Dual wield Mausers. 35% discount on pistols this week. Anyway, you gotta stockpile ammo to keep them fed.

Art Blade

I think your shadow has got more polygons than the actor casting it. :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳