Red Dead Redemption 2

Started by PZ, November 30, 2018, 07:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BinnZ

That challenge, does it involve shooting birds from a moving train??
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Started RDR2 today and I have to say the graphics aren't that good :laughsm:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Zombie Arthur

Huh, this is going to be hard to navigate :D
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

lol, G, you know, you're crazy. :anigrin:

Quote from: BinnZ on December 16, 2019, 11:24:25 AM
That challenge, does it involve shooting birds from a moving train??

yes. Although it could be done by just shooting one bird and hopping off the train again, the waiting period for trains and the risk of getting caught anyway is just not worth it so I think I was better off doing it with a savegame as many times as needed to a) get on a train and b) get lucky with actually 5 and not fewer birds. Shooting anyone on that ensuing bounty hunt caused an about $120 bounty on my head so I decided not to shoot anyone and just run for it, paid $60 for train robbery and done.

BinnZ

heheh

I tried, found out about the bounty and gave up... thought there would probably come along another occasion where we will ride a train mission-wise. Will do it there ;)
"No hay luz"

BinnZ

Quote from: OWGKID on December 16, 2019, 11:39:19 AM

Lol at that line about finding anything :D
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

Art Blade

two things about the game.

I just had a crazy and nearly game-breaking bug that forced me to reload. I used the "camp" option in the wilderness and the game played that camp-building animation, beautiful, and when that was over I had both a message on my screen that my horse was critically injured and needed my help or it would die (what..it was he@lthy just seconds ago.. how did that happen?) AND a cutscene with two guys who greeted me with a gun to my face telling me to consider carefully where to camp next time and so on and so forth, all the time I was nervous about the horse dying any second now. Once the cutscene was over, I quickly killed the bad guys, of course, with a shotgun so I didn't have to aim much and went running around in circles looking for my horse. The camp was on a ledge of a rock formation and the horse icon quite a bit away from the ledge so it should have been next to me. The icon had a blinking arrow pointing down and some tiny red symbol probably for being lethally injured. I couldn't call it, I couldn't fast travel and I couldn't find the horse. I ran up and down that rock formation. Nothing. The horse must have fallen down and inside the rock when the camp materialised. Excellent. In other words, reloading a savegame was the only way out.

Which brings me to the more important thing, the fricking auto-save. No joke, the game does, seriously, suggest to override a previous auto-save but at the time warns you ("do you really want to do that?") even if that auto-save is happening while you're in an "about to die" situation, like when a bear is hugging and mauling you in turns. If you decline to save that peculiar situation, the game tells you that, warning, it will disable the auto-save function which can "only" be switched back on from the general game section. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Whenever you do anything the game deems important, it saves automatically without even telling you but when it does, and it does it very often, like almost every time you reload a previous save game and every random once in a while, too, you essentially can't decline it without going through a cascade of prompts.

That nonsense led me to believe I was better off without the auto-save function. Which is why I didn't get that stupid message all over when I was facing the dead horse & aggro bandit situation and reloaded.

I am so glad I disabled it. Since the game may crash once in a while, especially when you least need it, it is best practice to save after EVERYTHING you deem important. Like, those perfect skins on the horse back? Gone if you die. Saved if you saved. And all that.

I think I'll switch it back on when I go on a scripted mission because I believe it will auto-save in between and that may indeed come in handy.

Well.. back to it.. I had saved before I set up camp.. :anigrin:

Art Blade

Something I found very, VERY useful:

Carrying the sawn-off shotgun in the secondary holster, which the game calls "off-hand."

It comes in rather handy when a few wolves pop up and instantly feel like chasing you and it's just as as handy when one or two bandits all of a sudden think they're entitled. A shotgun doesn't require finesse. And the result is a bit.. coarse. But it works like a charm when you're getting slightly nervous. All you need to know is, "I've got a shotgun." :gnehe:

By the way, given the fact that Arthur is right-hander, it can't really w0#k as an off-hand or left-handed holster.. the pistol grip points to the right hand. :banghead: So "secondary" holster is more accurate because Arthur grabs either weapon with his right hand unless he's double-wielding something.

By default, Arthur grabs his gun from "the" holster, the primary one. I found that out by surprise once: A guy walks up to Arthur quite agitated and whatever I did, I watched Arthur shoot that guy with his pistol right in the face point blank, mumbling something like, "you should have known better." I was a bit perplex but hey, it worked.. lol

LowPolyOWG

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on December 16, 2019, 07:40:30 AM
Is it still on the Steam sale? I did promise Art I'd buy it when it was, lol.

It was 20-25% off during the weekend last week ;)

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I missed it, forgot all about checking the steam page for sales, as I'm not in the habit of doing that. Still running on my old "don't do anything that might download stuff" because of all the time I spent on a metered connection. Then I remember "oh yeah, I don't have to worry about that anymore" and can actually browse the steam store now and then.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Art Blade

I just found out that you can sell the DLC horse that "can't" be sold.

All you need to do is fill the stables with 4 horses. Typically there are 3 horses in the stables and one horse is your active horse you're riding.

Just fetch any temporary horse and take it with you to the stables while riding your active horse. Or, ride the temp horse and let the active horse follow. Main thing is, 3 horses are in the stables and you come in with 2 horses. The guy will tell you that all stables are full so you can either sell the temp horse or one of the stabled horses.

And oh wonder, all of a sudden you can "sell" the $0.00 DLC horse. It will vanish.

It wasn't available any more, I couldn't buy it again right away and I don't want to find out whether or not it's actually possible. The DLC horse has got stats that are beyond anything you can ever achieve with a tamed wild horse so I believe you're better off keeping it.

But it IS possible to get rid of it. ;)

Art Blade

oh and by the way, the poor horse I rescued is worth only $1 even at level 4. I'll keep her anyway and I think she's got nice stats (stamina and health are really high) :)

LowPolyOWG

Finished the first set of Master Hunter challenges yesterday and got a reinforced of-hand holster from the trapper  :)

Tags:
🡱 🡳