Red Dead Redemption 2

Started by PZ, November 30, 2018, 07:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

Ah, nice, I want a sniper too, my preferred way of interacting with people, lol. I was just so tired last night for some reason that I FELL ASLEEP playing No Man's Sky. While flying. Bumped into a hill. Ship is fine. So I didn't do much after that, put on a live stream and promptly fell asleep watching that.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

I love streams (even recorded ones) for that purpose :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

Would have been different if I was trying to fall asleep, but I was trying to stay awake lol.
D_B

Art Blade

:D

A little TIP regarding SAFE cooking and crafting.. without animal or bandit attacks

Just do it in your gang's camp at the fire where you can rest and cook/craft O0

As long as you're collecting carcasses (birds, small animals) just don't cook bird meat and stringy meats. Focus on big game meat I say, the stuff from wolves, bears and the likes. Can't be confused. So you won't accidentally cook your precious perfect small animal and bird carcasses :anigrin:

Finally I was able to let Arthur cook the tons of big game meat with thyme without fear of attacks. Also, I made sure he was wearing a summer outfit so he wouldn't melt again :gnehe:

I was in the kitchen and checked once in a while how he was doing. He stopped way too early.. why? The limit of 99 Thyme Big Game Meat was reached :D So now I'm loaded with dead eye gold core servings and I had him cook health gold core big game meat until that was nearly full (87) before I could hit 99 he had run out of mint. But health and dead eye gold core are the most important ones. Oregano for stamina.. I don't need stamina much. But I had him craft ammo like a maniac for the time being :anigrin: When I was done in the kitchen, I saved the game. Ready for action, satchels filled to the brim with important food boosts and ammo. :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

Each time I pass the place with the thyme I grab some, though with my small satchels I can't carry much. Really need to get on with finding the skins needed for better satchels, but I just can't be bothered most of the time. The one I do have in storage at the wagon I got from looting someone, forget who, but he had a couple skins on him, one being a perfect one. It's nice that you can just turn in everything at the wagon and it will store the ones that can be used for crafting and I guess the rest get made into jerky or something, or tossed in the mystery stew that guy makes.
D_B

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

Art Blade

hahaha :D yeah, who knows how he makes a tasty stew out of toads, snakes, rats and whatnot.. and the occasional proper meats, he's a genius of a cook :anigrin:

And yes, everything you give to Pearson will be either used for provisions or stashed away for crafting when the time comes. Oh, and the rest goes into the funds for the camp. Essentially the same with the trapper, he stores crafting ingredients for later and gives you money for everything you sell. The fence is a different story. NEVER SELL crafting ingredients to the fence. When you want him to craft something, he'll do that ONLY if you've got the ingredients on you and will take them out of your inventory.

Art Blade

A TIP regarding CHALLENGES

here is something very interesting as to how the challenges w0#k but I'll have a few comments below.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/red-dead-redemption-2-challenges-and-how-to-trigge/1100-6463098/

"Completing challenges is a worthwhile endeavor, as the equipment you unlock offers bonus bars around your Health, Stamina, and Dead Eye Cores when you complete the set. You are rewarded an extra bar when you complete one of the three sets associated with that statistic. And you unlock an additional bar to that statistic once you've acquired all three sets associated with it. The table below contains details on which equipment set is associated with which attribute.

Attribute / Equipment Set

Health:    Horseman    Sharpshooter    Weapons Expert

Stamina:    Bandit    Gambler    Master Hunter

Dead Eye:    Explorer    Herbalist    Survivalist

First off, your player stats will show X amount of an attribute to get to the next level ("tank" they call it, a bar of the circle around a core) and it will show "out of 8" despite the fact that the circle can only be closed with 10 tanks. So if you manage to level up to "8/8" AND complete one set of challenges, for instance all 10 sharpshooter challenges, then you'll unlock one more tank and it will be your ninth tank. HOWEVER, the game's stats, despite showing 9 tanks, will STILL state you got 8/8 :banghead: and as far as I know, "officially" you can get 10 only either during or after chapter 6, the end of the game story. That's when you really don't need them any more :banghead:

In other words, CHOOSE just ONE challenge set for each attribute (check out the article for detailed info about each of the 10 challenges per set) and finish all 10 challenges of it, and get one extra tank (9/10 rather than 8/10) which will save you a lot of frustration BUT you can do that between chapter 2 and 3 already. Some challenges cannot be finished before reaching/finishing chapter 6 so be careful with that, too.

I got Sharpshooter complete and Master Hunter, so already 9/10 for health and stamina, and I'll do Explorer (treasure maps) for Eagle Eye/Dead Eye.

Art Blade

Apart from the fact that the fence lost his desk and everything except an oil lamp very early in this playthrough, I want you to look at the top right corner of the pic. Having finished the complete Explorer set (10 treasure challenges) I am now rolling in money. :gnehe:

wealthy
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

BinnZ

O0

That is what happened to me too.

I did that early in the game. Longing for a fat pocket I went for treasures quite at the start. There might though be something worth considering treasure-wise, but I will put that in a spoiler, since it basically has to do with the game after you complete the main story...

End game spoiler
All the side quests will remain open after completing the game with Arthur, resulting in him dying. You will end up being John and your pockets will be empty. Treasures might come in handy then, to have quick access to a good load of money. So maybe it is worth considering leaving the treasures for after the main story.
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

OK, need to use the spoiler

Spoiler

good point. The question is: what about the treasure maps I've already found? I got way more than what was needed for the complete challenge. Treasures cannot be discovered without the corresponding treasure maps. We discussed that, the little isle in the lake where I knew a treasure was hidden, I couldn't get it before doing the two preceding steps following the treasure hunt leading there, even though I had the first treasure map. So IF the maps get lost with Arthur, they are either gone like the rest of his stuff or need to be found or purchased again. I think I much rather complete the treasure hunt while I can than waiting for an uncertain outcome. I can always make money like I did before. Of the 10k you see in the pic, about 4.5k I already had without treasure hunting and additionally to those 4.5k I had got that achievement of spending over 5k in all shops across the map. I don't worry about money later but I know that I shall spend it while Arthur still can, like on expensive horses. :)

Art Blade

A little anecdote from my treasure hunt.

On my way to a treasure location I was passing once again Butcher Creek, home to some really strange folks not unlike the Murfree Brood. And they're mostly not friendly, either. I never liked that bunch but never confronted them, either. So one guy didn't respond nicely to me greeting him, almost was to be expected, I reacted with the agonise option and that went back and forth a few times until he picked a fight. More of those rotten bastards came to join and it ended in a shooting. Every kill a loss of honour but it wouldn't stop until maybe 10 of them died. I looted them, a loss of honour for every body looted, when someone came by and I thought better no witnesses even though the mini map didn't classify her as such, I killed her. That triggered half a dozen and some more of those guys who had remained unseen so far, all dead after that. Looting them, someone saw me and got angry, causing another half a dozen people to die. Since it wouldn't stop and I was getting tired of killing, I moved on AND SAVED the game because I had acquired a couple of very strange hats I didn't want to surrender. My "honour" set in the darker grey zone in the middle of the bar with 0% discount in shops.

Now I've been spending a lot of time in Saint Denis greeting everyone so that honour slider moves back to the white end on the right. Kind of funny. :anigrin:

BinnZ

Quote from: Art Blade on January 18, 2020, 06:27:08 AM
OK, need to use the spoiler
Spoiler

The things in the satchel, like sig cards and notes and treasure maps will stay there. Arthur hands over his stachel to John when he dies. You also have the 99 items stuff, although the satchel John uses looks a lot different. Don't know if you can re-buy the satchel again, but the important contents  is still there. Even the orchids and the valuables items. But all the big game meat is gone, for example. I still need to do some more research to be absolutely sure but I'm almost certain the treasure maps will be there as well.  :)
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Well, I read those spoilers and I can say I'm not crazy about that ending. Honestly, I might never finish the game now. The main quest that is.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳