Red Dead Redemption 2

Started by PZ, November 30, 2018, 07:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I think you and PZ are similar to some extent regarding RDR2, given PZ's comment about not doing anything with legendary animals. It is very, very time-consuming.

As to the Fisherman's ending: the only difference between the two endings is that the second ending without cutscene took place in my second playthrough at the start of the epilogue part 1 while the other ending took place after completing the epilogue. I'm sure looking up the quest on the web will reveal the normal ending but I can't be bothered :anigrin: All I can say is, when I got teleported to the grave and heard John mumbling something like, "now it's all over," it felt completely off. Like, what the hell am I doing here? The second ending without the cutscene appeared to be way more normal.

And I should clarify, it wasn't actually just a cutscene. I had to get off the mountain and back to wherever by fast-travelling or riding, the grave is in the mountains so it was really annoying being there rather than where the quest ended, in the desert, very far down in New Austin.

LowPolyOWG

Decided to give RDR2 Online a try yesterday. Controls are still annoying, but gotta get used to it :banghead: Did a legendary bounty with Binnatics and Uzi, although I did not get any reward :'(

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

My character. Through the interaction menu, you can change your character's appearance, after creation. I added some levels of tiredness to her later, as she looked high on drugs initially :D

It kinda looks like a horse  :anigrin:

The Claybar Men
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

if I did that to my game, I'd probably get 5 billion frames per seconds with my RTX2080TI.

LowPolyOWG

Dweller_Benthos

That is funny, is that with in game settings cranked all the way down or is that some hack in place?

We'll have to get together some time and get a four man posse going.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on April 13, 2020, 07:52:56 AM
That is funny, is that with in game settings cranked all the way down or is that some hack in place?

If you edit the system.xml, yes you can get results like this. Also, someone made a driver editing tool for Nvidia GPUs, where you can also do stuff like this :anigrin:

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on April 12, 2020, 12:11:06 PM
I think you and PZ are similar to some extent regarding RDR2, given PZ's comment about not doing anything with legendary animals. It is very, very time-consuming.

I'm like a 5 year-old with a short attention span, so there is little chance I can fully explore games such as RDR2 like you gents have. That is why I like games like Assassin's Creed Origins.

However, I marvel at the techniques and finds you guys make in the game.  :thumbsup:

Art Blade

I'm kind of lucky identifying games I'm going to like. When I get those, I'm typically all-in for an extended amount of time and the way I play them (slowly, exploring, observing) I may find out a lot of stuff many people might miss out on.

PZ

Exactly how I imagine you do considering how you report your experiences.  :thumbsup:

Me on the other hand have wasted lots of $ on games I start, then never finish (at best). At worst, I install it, play for a short while, then never start it again.  :gnehe:

fragger

Those pics are funny, LowPoly O0 (Maybe we should call you "Lope" for short now, lol) :anigrin:

Someone really needs to tell that musician you don't blow into a cello :gnehe:

Art Blade

I thought he was biting in it

Art Blade

And done. :)

I did it again: 90/90 challenges.

There was one bug that cost me almost exactly one hour real time: there's a challenge to win three games (not rounds) of domino and you can't save the progress, it has to be done during one session without reloading. The goal was to win 3x60 points (60 = one game) that result from the pip-count of the remaining tiles of the players you just beat. I've never managed to beat anyone in a way that they had 60 or more pips remaining after just one round, there's always more than one. However, the third of three games bugged out, I managed to get 40+ points after ONE round, got maybe 56 or so after the 2nd round and obviously homing in on 60 and winning that challenge. I had my opponent pick up a ton of tiles when he bugged out. He wouldn't pick up more tiles, wouldn't play, I couldn't do anything because it wasn't my turn.. I was stuck. All I could do was to leave the table, abandoning 56 or so points and start over, as in win another game of 60 points. That was what took about one hour, to get the next 60 points win and by that, finishing that challenge. So annoying. :banghead:

LowPolyOWG

I decided to buy some gold and grab the bounty hunter/collector role. Yeah, could probably have spent my time griding instead... Anyway, I am having fun collecting stuff/bounties and I'm currently rank 11 :)

I tried to experiment with the RedM client (modders built a tool for dedicated custom RDR Online servers). I unfortunately didn't got it to w0#k properly, it seems to conflict with Rockstar Game Launcher and Steam. It doesn't affect the online character, as you will spawn in as Arthur.

Yeah, very generous ::)

Just like GTA Online, daily challenges is a thing

Collecting bottles and other collections is worth a lot of money, if you get them all :) It seems antique alcohol bottles can be looted from moonshine bounties (e.g criminals that are wanted for illegal alcohol trade). They can also be consumed, buffing your cores to fortified status for a limited time.

Grabbed the bolt action rifle and the rare shotgun for some of the gold. And added some gold on the rifle

LowPolyOWG

RDR2 Interactive Online Collector's map

Comes in handy if you want to find the rare items for Madam Nazar

Dweller_Benthos

I've been using that map a lot, otherwise how are you supposed to find anything? The world is so big and things are hidden in every nook and cranny that just wandering around will never get you much. You can buy maps from Nazar but they only get you three items if you're lucky and cost a bit of money. How to do any of that without an online map to refer to is just insane.

What I like about the daily objectives is at least you only have to do one to get the bonus for the day, unlike GTA where doing anything less than all three wasn't worth the bother. So I've been keeping my streak going for a while now, getting the bonus gold for each task even though I don't do all of them, as some are too much trouble or require killing other players. But usually there's at least one that's fairly easy to do or even will be something you'd do anyway.

As for Art's post, I never did much of the mini games in the story mode. I tried the dominoes once and didn't see the point to it, and the knife game was just silly. Never bothered with the poker games, didn't seem to be worth while. Of course they have a challenge to do something extreme with them, and getting a bugged game doesn't help either.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳