Red Dead Redemption 2

Started by PZ, November 30, 2018, 07:43:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

How do you go about resetting online challenges?

Back to horse tapping, I tried it in SP last night and even though I got the rhythm going, using a straight road in St Denis, it didn't seem to do much more than just a normal gallop with the forward key. Holding shift and patting was much faster, at least it seemed to be, I didn't use a stopwatch or anything, just a general feeling of how long it took to get from one end of the street to the other. I didn't directly compare to the same place in online though, but it seems to w0#k better there.

I've also never taking my horse swimming, at least not for anything longer than a narrow part of the river, I just assumed they would not allow it. One time I did get into a deeper part of the river my horse disappeared under the water and didn't reappear until I got out the other side which wasn't far, so I figured they would just drown or buck you off if you tried to take them on any long swims.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

that was just a graphics glitch when your horse was under water. Happens sometimes but they normally really swim and you can observe that, too. They even lift their hooves up a lot more when walking out of the water until they've reached solid (dry) ground. I used the horse to get (swim) to those larger isles at Flat Iron Lake near Braithwaite Manor.

BinnZ

:laughsm:

Horses are very good swimmers. Much better than humans. Well, at least in this game. I bet you missed this post:

http://www.openworldgames.org/newowg/index.php/topic,48671.msg69448.html#msg69448

But now you know. And with the tapping in online they can literally beat ANY boat :P

Shame they are not allowed in Mexico, same as us :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on April 23, 2020, 08:09:59 AM
How do you go about resetting online challenges?

Progress --> Awards

Challenges that can be reset will have a propmt to hold Space to reset ;)
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

regarding swimming horses, I actually learned that from Binn. O0

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: LowPoly OWG on April 23, 2020, 10:15:19 AM
Progress --> Awards

Challenges that can be reset will have a propmt to hold Space to reset ;)

Ah, thanks!

I recall that picture but never put two and two together that the horse was actually swimming, I thought it was just walking in deep water. So I guess I don't have to go swimming everywhere, just let the horse do it? Swimming though, is good to increase your stamina, which I have maxed out in the online game.
D_B

Art Blade

the fact that you haven't in SP tells me that you're merely at the beginning of the SP game and far, far from what it has yet to offer. When I compare that to GTAV, having finished the SP game and gone online for the first time, it was as if the world had died around me, so barren and boring. That however changed over the years to the exact opposite, worse even. It was too much in the end. Have you actually finished GTAV SP?

LowPolyOWG

I'm at the early stages of the SP aswell. Anyway, I enjoy the online component, it seems the movement is slightly more fluid. Yeah, the over-animated, over-detailed stuff is still annoying.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Decided to fry the enemy leader in his cave :anigrin:

A crate sleeper. Unfortunately, not lootable

Regarding the Etta mission, I often find myself killing a few of her goons. Sure, they ignore you, but if you stall them long enough, they will shoot you on sight. Also, at 5-star difficulty, they can kill you in like 1 or two shots :banghead:

LowPolyOWG

Anyway, what's your ability card setups?

Mine are "Paint it Black", "Strange Medicine", "Live for the Fight" and "Cold Blooded". Two of them gives me health while in combat, the other are for Dead Eye regen.

LowPolyOWG

My own Posse :bigsmile: Had a nice play session with DB. Somehow, after I accepted a bounty mission while he was scrolling through stable menus, the game "broke" for him, there was no prompts/mission pop-ups that came on his screen...

Looting a hitched horse. Yep, this one had an antique alcohol bottle in its saddle.

Did Rockstar forgot about the placement of the card? :laughsm:

The Ghost Train claims two other victims for its death ride :evil2:

BinnZ

:laughsm: O0

I found that same card yesterday:
"No hay luz"

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I like how in the collector map, it says "floating in mid air" so it's been that way since that map was made which I think is from the original console release.

Art: I finished most of the GTAV SP story, there's nothing showing on the map for missions, though I think my progress only shows like 65% or something like that. If there's no mission markers, there's no missions, so I don't know what else I could be doing. In RDR2 I will get around to the story again, but it may be awhile.

As for my ability cards in RDO, I have Slippery Bastard at three levels, to try to shake off the people in free mode events that use dead eye ALL THE TIME. You watch their icon on the map and it's constantly the eye ball showing they are using it continuously. So I try to make it a little more difficult for them. The rest I have Iron Lung and Sharpshooter to help with stamina and do extra damage while using scope which I do almost all the time. With the carcano and express rounds, another player kill is one shot, goes for NPCs too for the most part. The fourth card name escapes me at the moment, something to do with stamina as well.
D_B

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Speaking of being in a permanent posse while farming 5-star legendary bonuses solo: No cash bonus, but +400 XP for a total of 1900 XP, 2x gold (I got 0.88 gold). So, a +50% in gold and a +25% XP in payout, assuming you go AFK for 30 minutes for max payout. The day Binn got $250 must have been when we did it together. I'm unsure if being in a temporary posse will yield the same result, but it's worth trying.

Dweller_Benthos

Interesting. I know Binn got money and XP for a rescue mission job I did while in his posse. We weren't even at the same place in the map, but he got paid for it, I'm pretty sure I got the same amount, but didn't see what the totals were on screen in time. So posse bonuses are different and as we saw on a couple of them, can be more difficult too, as Binn saw in that defend the camp random encounter, which was much harder for being in a posse even though we weren't even nearby. I don't recall getting any money for that one when he completed it though.
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳