Prepare for Fall, err, Far Cry (7)6

Started by LowPolyOWG, December 05, 2018, 12:36:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

BinnZ

"No hay luz"

PZ

Good one fragger! :laughsm: :thumbsup:

Somewhat in keeping with their drug induced hallucinations because the pot heads I knew as a kid would often utter the phrase "far out, man!"

Looks like I might be the only playing that game  :gnehe:

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: fragger on December 07, 2018, 05:18:40 PM
This looks like Ubisoft trying to jump on the post-nuclear apocalyptic bandwagon. Far Cry does Fallout. Maybe it should be called "Far Out" :gnehe:

One can also say Fallout 76 is Bethesda attempt on an online-only world a la GTA Online/MMOs. Sadly, it was a mess at launch.

But yes, the Ubified approach to their game design is very stale.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

LowPolyOWG

nex

I'm still playing Ghost Recon Wildlands. The game has it's share of glitches like other games,
but I enjoy it more than I ever did FC2, and for the time being I'm not interested in other games.
Every week the devs come up with new solo challenges, most of these challenges are
main story missions with a twist.
Respect is earned, not given.

fragger

Good on you, nex :thumbsup: When you find something you really like, stick with it by all means. For you it's GRW, with me it's FO4. I'm the same, not interested in anything else out there at present, nor is there anything on the horizon which remotely interests me (I've looked at some upcoming stuff and pretty much all of it is the same old same old). My FO4 bubble will burst eventually, but right now I'm just as enthusiastic about it as I've ever been.

When my interest finally does wane, I still have my strategy titles to fall back on. I still enjoy Civ V and XCOM, I just never get sick of those. I've been playing Civ on and off for about 7 or 8 years...

I feel that the industry needs another Half-Life or Portal - something a bit outside any of the current boxes that will lift the bar a bit in terms of originality. Might help revitalize things some.

LowPolyOWG

Not until the shareholders dissappear from the AAA publishers and stop being short-sighted (as in, short time profits, over long sustainability) and milk every franchise to death. You see, they want to exploit an insular audience, rather than trying something new and find fresh customers.

Anyway, reading about the game, I think PZ will enjoy it. FC New Dawn basically sounds like AC Origins/Odyssey/The Division, but it's a FPS. Also, it will take some FC2 in it, weapon jamming has returned :banghead:

nex

What I do like about GRW fragger, I'm playing the game in two formats.
The main campaign with no restrictions, of which I reached the highest level
sometime ago, lots of action.
Weekly they come up with a couple of special missions with restrictions, which is a lot of fun.
Then I'm also playing "Ghost Mode", it has a number of restrictions which actually forces you
to play in an almost stealth and tactical fashion, nerve wracking at times. 

You can watch the video If you have a few minutes (It's not me doing the video)

Dweller_Benthos

I forgot about this, and watching some of those videos again, I think I might be interested in this. I was wondering if it was going to be the same map / location as FC5, and thought that would be really cool to see the place after the bombs fell. Seems it is, and that's got some people all panty-bunched, thinking it's a fast cash grab, and maybe it is in a way, but since I spent a lot of time in FC5 exploring the map which was one of the high points of the game for me, I could get into going back and seeing it again after the devastation. Finding the places I knew before in a dilapidated state now would be interesting. It looks like it's going to done at least on par with FC5 so that's OK by me, I enjoyed the game, my biggest gripes being it was too short and the ending was meh, but considering that ending spawned this game, maybe not so much.

Now I wonder if I can find my Mars weapons stashed somewhere, that would be cool.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

nex

I doubt if there is a game more open world than GRW D_B, and as yet I have to find those
invisible walls like in other games. If you cannot climb a mountain then either there is no way
of climbing it or there is another spot where you can climb it.
Most important, you are not restricted to an area nor do you have to follow the story line.
I started the game in arcade mode and gradually it moves up to a more difficult mode, it
happens in such a way that you hardly notice it.

PZ

You might be right GK - the game looks somewhat interesting  :thumbsup:

LowPolyOWG

Well, you wanted AC Origins/Odyssey style of play ;)

PZ

Yes I do - I like that casual style of gaming UBI*bleep* is putting out. I don't need to remember much  :gnehe:

LowPolyOWG

Actually, it sounds interesting for me aswell. There is no kidnappings this time around, to be worried about.

PCGamer impressions

Tags:
🡱 🡳