Movie: Ready Player One

Started by Art Blade, December 11, 2018, 04:39:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

It's been a while since I last recommended a film. You like games? CGI? Like, EPIC CGI? And a classic Spielberg movie? Alright, watch it. :thumbsup: :anigrin: O0 Can't even start to describe it, but here are trailers. Enjoy :)

Edit: moved text up on top to get rid of the preview on our front page

PZ

Dweller_Benthos

Saw it when it came out. Definitely the gamer nerd's type of movie. Trying to keep track of the references and identify them all was interesting. I didn't get them all of course, there are too many and you need to pause to find them and that gets other patrons in the theater mad at you.

Plus the final "game" was Adventure on the original Atari 2600, I spent so much time in that game.... Plus I knew that winning it was not the goal, but to find the secret message, before it was revealed in the film.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

mandru

We bought the Blu-ray disc and watched it about a month back and we both liked it a lot even though all of the retro and recent game characters that pop up were lost on Mrs. mandru as she's never really been into video games.  It didn't distract from the plot of the movie for her at all.

The additional features showing the different aspects of creating the movie is extensive.  We are still going back occasionally and picking up where we left off to view our way through the hour plus various features one by one.  ::)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

:anigrin:

one of the comments on YouTube that I read was something along the lines of, "it's better than I expected." And that comment had a huge amount of likes. I was grinning when I read that because it was kind of what I thought after watching the film. It is better than I expected. :)

🡱 🡳