docu: The Censoring of Bill Hicks

Started by Art Blade, December 16, 2018, 04:07:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

it is hard to find any version that isn't censored as in removed completely. Here's one without Italian subtitles, not mirrored (as in, flipped horizontally) but just somewhat genuine. Despite having found one source as shown above, any uploads I could find already had censored out (muted) swear words. At least it's still there. If you prefer witty comedy that isn't the soda pop version of a fine whisky, that isn't the burger version of a steak dinner, if you're in for making fun of reality, give this one a shot.

Edit: I couldn't stand looking at that vid's thumbnail on the front page anymore so I moved the text up and above the vid.

Art Blade

by the way, it is not a comedy. It's about how public media is censoring free speech and influencing the public opinion in the USA by filtering what isn't up to their "standards." It how they keep Americans stupid. Hicks tried to make the public listen but the media didn't allow that. Hicks was successful in the States only in clubs but got overwhelming success overseas where he was allowed to perform without limits.

He died in 1994 of pancreatic cancer at the age of 32.

Art Blade

if you don't want to watch that vid, here's a wiki link that describes the matter.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Hicks

Tags:
🡱 🡳