Ride 2 (2016)

Started by Art Blade, February 07, 2019, 11:44:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Hey, I got a bike racing game by chance.. :)

Tons of customisation options for the player (like helmet, visor, gloves, suit or jacket and trousers, boots) as well as for the bikes.. and no micro transactions. You make money by winning races, you can win the same short race over and over and every time cash in prize money to buy new stuff, so it's motivating O0

Check the vid, that's me and one of my bikes, all fully customised.. and you can play it both in 1st and 3rd person views, and there's a replay option.. man, I love to watch replays.. the vid below is one, I thought it looked nice :) 240 bikes that can be tuned and customised, tons of tracks, road tracks included.. daily and weekly challenges.. lots of different race options, including split screen (lol, like back in the days.. :) ) All in all, I'm having FUN O0

The vid is nothing special, just to show Ride 2 to you guys. I only just got the game. People said to get this rather than Ride 3 (3 being just the same as 2, only looking nicer but *bleep* to play, bugs and whatnot, and tons of DLC to pay for, people now hate the devs for being simply greedy and not fixing bugs, caring only about money and not their customers) and indeed, this older version is really fun to play. No bugs that I've come across, running smoothly, and the graphics are really nice. Especially when riding 1st person across road tracks on the country side, it's a blast.

Got it on a steam sale for around $34 with all DLC, usually the whole pack would have cost around $102. Normally I don't like games for a base price of $40 and then an additional $50 for tons of DLC but hey, ALL of it for a little over $30 (€29) and since it's from 2016 with now the successor Ride 3 out, they won't publish any more DLC for Ride 2. So.. yes, that was a nice price for a complete game :gnehe:

Art Blade

Ha! I just won a bike. I didn't know how to read that, "rewards," before. There were two bikes and I was wondering whether I had to use the left one in order to win the one to the right, and I hadn't got a bike needed for that race yet. Now I came across that championship again, one of my bikes was eligible, and went through the championship. After winning, I had to choose between those two bikes I had seen before ??? :anigrin: Both can be purchased with in-game money (prize money) so it's not so bad that I don't know which one was more expensive, next time I know what to check out before racing :gnehe:

Dweller_Benthos

Nice video, I always liked replay options for that sort of thing. I remember fooling around with the replay in Driver 2 or 3 where you could customize camera position and viewpoint. Makes it look like a real race on TV.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

yes, I've always enjoyed replays. Good for several things: relaxing after a race, analysing mistakes, and patting oneself on the back when watching oneself win. :gnehe:

This game has got SO many customisation options, including replay options. Hell, you can even adjust the posture of your avatar when riding a bike, like at what angle the knee goes out when leaning into a curve, the shoulders, arms, seat position.. what you see "me" do in the vid when cornering is the result of such a custom riding posture. Including how to "celebrate" a victory, in my case fist up.

What is also cool is this: if you've got a bike tuned to the max and there's a race for lower specs bikes, you can downgrade that bike until it matches the specs for the race. And later reuse the upgrades that you put aside, to upgrade it back to its former glory. Or you just buy a new bike :anigrin:

Art Blade

Vallelunga, overtake as many rookies as you can, 14 for gold. Track day means, there are lots of people on the track testing their bikes and skills, and a real pro (erm, me, lol) should show them how it's done properly and shouldn't have any problems overtaking them. Fun :)

Dweller_Benthos

In other words ..... ZOOOM .... cya sucka!!!!
D_B

Art Blade

hehe, that, too :anigrin: I was more like, where are they? There.. and there.. and there.. lol :gnehe:

LowPolyOWG

So, basically the Forza Motorsport games, but with bikes instead. Nice driving! :)
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

thank you :) yes, almost like Forza, only without free roaming. It's just race tracks, but they're great. O0

LowPolyOWG

I remember having a similar challenge on the older Forza Motorsport 4 on my Xbox 360. Had to overtake several vehicles in a set time period.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

yeah, it's fun.

I only just now found out, during a time trial (trying to improve one's lap times) that there is a camera option called "helmet camera" which actually tilts the screen - I mean, in the track day video you always see the horizon, literally, horizontal, despite the fact that the bike tilts a lot. The helmet camera view makes the horizon go diagonally up and down, a much more natural feeling (makes you probably seasick watching lol) and now I'm really happy :anigrin:

Art Blade

Craaazy. :gnehe:

I didn't know the track yet but I beat that guy with an accident. LOL, too much Hitman 2 in my veins.. I spectacularly bowled him out and still I won, even about 45 seconds faster than required for gold. On top, my bike is a 658PP in a race with up to 720PP. Crazy.

Dweller_Benthos

"Pardon me, coming through."
D_B

Art Blade

:anigrin:

I saw my chance and knocked him off the track. I barely made it back onto the track. Actually, I didn't think it would qualify but geez, look at the gold time (usually somewhat hard to crack) and then compare it to mine. Literally a speed run :anigrin:

Art Blade

Here is my first video with "nex's" recording software. It's great :)
Just to clarify: my original vid looks crisp, it was YouTube that managed to brutally pixelate some parts. However: no stutter at all O0

First off, this is a tragic comedy. My team of level 2 and 3 team mates won against the team #1 36:36 points. By the time I recorded this, I had lost my concentration, it was probably the 20th attempt at getting this over with. Prior attempts I cancelled because I kept crashing into my own team mates (blue dots and name tags) in particular, a lot worse than in this vid. This time it was good enough that I wanted to see the end of it and didn't give up. Believe me, I was laughing when I saw the final results, and when watching this vid :) As a prize for winning, I chose the Ducati 1199 Panigale Superleggera Racing Version 2014 over the KTM 1190 RC8R Track 2014. Have fun watching this drama :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PJM66ihzb3Q

Tags:
🡱 🡳