Oh, Ubisoft! Toying around with game files let’s you play New Dawn early

Started by LowPolyOWG, February 12, 2019, 01:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Better get yourself a bigger hard drive? Reading about it, D3DGear is much more lightweight compared to OBS.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

I am not short on HD space.

file size.. actually, more than 50% smaller. The software didn't accept 30 at first and reset to 60 as I just found out, my vid with 1/3 less was probably just something else. After several attempts, it stayed on "30" and the file was really small. But meh.. 30fps isn't the same as 60 when watching.. I'll keep testing ;)

Art Blade

I think I get it now what you meant.. I'm not worried about disk space, I just don't like long uploading times which are related to file size.

LowPolyOWG

Ah I see. Yeah, I remember that screenshot of your internet speed. Not the fastest upload ;)

Art Blade

exactly.

However, NEX, MY FRIEND :anigrin: I am really happy with this new software I didn't know existed, and now I've finished recording something without any stuttering at all which I wouldn't have been able to with OBS. I don't mind the file size now because at least I can now record games with a perfectly acceptable quality level without any stutter occurring, and that's really great.

Here, a fat +1 :thumbsup: for you, nex, and thanks again :anigrin:

Art Blade

a 2.72 GB vid (00:10:36) takes an estimated 42 minutes for uploading it to YouTube, and who knows how much time for "processing."

I know that part of the file size is dependent on how much stuff you get to see, i.e. recording a blank screen won't take up as much as a high speed bike race through Macau, a city circuit of 6,120m, and three laps of that.. results in said 2.72 GB. Damn. But it was a unique thing to record.. ;)

LowPolyOWG

Hmm, I process my videos through Cyberlink PowerDirector 16 as .mp4s (1080p, 60fps). I bought D3DGear through their official website. Let's see how it goes :)

Art Blade

nex

My pleasure Art, glad you like it.
I'm using Handbrake to shrink the file size, it doesn't
change the quality at all, and it's a small open source software which I've
been using for a number of years
It converted a 2.51Gb video to 1.77Gb in just under 20 min

ps. Damn, that looks good Art  O0
Respect is earned, not given.

Dweller_Benthos

Well, the game unlocked last night, must have been on GMT time, but I didn't have time to do more than run the game and change keybinds, as I had to sleep. I'll be playing it this weekend. Not sure what microtransactions they are referring to, I didn't see anything like that in the live stream I watched. And it's probably more of the same, get a weapon unlock early or new skins. I'm not to concerned about them anyway, I don't get these people who must think they are obligated or required to buy this stuff, same as the game itself, if you don't like it, vote with your wallet and don't buy it, and shut up about it.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

thanks, nex :)

D_B, have fun, can't wait to see some of your videos showing ND :anigrin:

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳