Far Cry New Dawn

Started by LowPolyOWG, February 15, 2019, 01:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

:laughsm: :anigrin: When you modify the collectibles to reward you skill points :anigrin:

Incendiary ammo

No, I didn't bought 110000 skill points. The guys who developed the FCND trainer added a hack for crafting materials giving you skill points, upon picking them up :anigrin: Anyway, some perks seems to have an infinite upgrade cycle  (ammo). What a shame, making the game a grind and sell you the solution  :banghead:

I kinda get the feeling of AC Origins with this. Just aim for the head, this game rewards you for headshots. Since I can upgrade my weapons at my bench, I should upgrade the worn weapons for the fun of it  :anigrin: I discovered that the amount of Incendiary/piercing ammo carried/loaded in your weapon, depends on your ammo bag and how high you have leveled it up.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

PZ

BinnZ

I didn't even finish fc5 so I better skip this one entirely 😊
However, have fun guys, funny to see you have such different approaches 🙂
"No hay luz"

fragger

Quote from: OWGKID on February 16, 2019, 08:50:23 AM
Umm, OBS works and is free. Well, more advanced, but I think Art will happily guide you through it ;)

That's cool. I prefer ease of use, and D3DGear sounds like it does a better job, from what you guys have been saying.

LowPolyOWG

Yeah. With slightly less features, it's more lightweight and doesn't eat resources so much. :) By "slightly less", I mean features such as screen preview and the type of recording. OBS let's you switch between multiple type of capturing, but it lacks some features, such as audio format etc, compared to D3DG. The lack of additional features for D3DG, makes it impossible to hook into games with strict anti-cheat/anti-tamper measures (Destiny 2 comes to mind). You see, recording software "hacks" into the graphics driver/game process to gain recording data. It's a security hazard, but I bet 99.99% of gamers will use such apps for recording. The remaining 0.01% are scummy *bleep* :)

Anyway, it looks like UBI*bleep* made the ammo upgrade perks extremely overpowered :laughsm: :anigrin: I can carry 6000 rounds worth of LMG ammo at perk level 60 :D In GTA V's case, max ammo is at 9999, at 100% shooting skill.

Spoiler

Walking armoury :evil2:

Upgradeable perks

The female Deputy Captain. She got the Deputy outfit as a reward for playing Far Cry 5

Art Blade

the fun you're having reminds me of me playing FC2.

After the original Far Cry, which I loved for the first part (until you encountered the first mutant monsters) I was craving the announced sequel, FC2. The pre-release screenshots depicted things like a hand-held watch, described "buddies you need to earn their trust" so they'd help you and for instance, if you were shot, drag you out of the kill zone into safety.. it never made it into the final game. There was only an alarm clock to advance time while sleeping and the buddies.. we ended up hating and killing them.

I found the game increasingly annoying, mostly because of those damn degrading weapons, you see a pristine one on the ground and pick it up only to discover it instantly turned into a shabby piece of rusty scrap metal that blows up in your face after a couple of shots.. a very expensive camo vest that was supposed to increase your stealth.. fire a dart rifle (air gun) at a somewhat distant target while you're well hidden in tall grass wearing a camo suit and to your surprise, the entire game world goes on full alert and starts to home in on your exact position. Might as well have worn a neon-coloured red life-jacket and waved signal flags while shooting a flare gun.

In other words, I wouldn't have continued to play FC2 if it hadn't been for cheats. I think that is true for FC3 and FC4 as well, the latter I got for free from UBI*bleep* for screwing up my AC Unity so badly.

So.. enjoy and keep having fun O0

nex

I'm really glad I stumbled onto D3D Gear, and then I pop it in into Handbrake
to shrink it a bit and then it's ready for posting on youtube.
The reason for that is the upload time onto youtube is greatly reduced 
Respect is earned, not given.

Art Blade

I have been thinking on that. You mentioned something like 20 minutes to shrink a vid file. I think in my case that it would likely take the same additional 20 minutes to finish uploading the original file but I don't know. Here I'm on a "flat rate" or fixed plan, I pay the same no matter my up/download history. It only takes quite some time because my upload speed is way slower than my download speed.

nex

Killing animals was one of the things I disliked in FC3
One thing I noticed in GKID's video, you come face to face with
the enemies and they don't seem to notice you
they even run past you like you don't exist

Art Blade

nex

I also don't have a problem with the time on my broasdband, it just cuts the upload time
a lot

nex

Ah ok!!!!
I tried that in FC2 and it spoils the game for me

Art Blade

I see, I might take a look.. thanks :)

nex

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: nex on February 17, 2019, 03:28:46 AM
I tried that in FC2 and it spoils the game for me

Well, I remember you doing so to hear enemy dialogue in FC2. Afrikaans was a language spoken by some bullet sponges in FC2 and we needed a translator  :anigrin:

Tags:
🡱 🡳