Far Cry New Dawn

Started by LowPolyOWG, February 15, 2019, 01:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

Gkid, now to be fair, using the cheat for undisturbed observation isn't the same as playing campaigns with that cheat ;)

Nex, I just tested HandBrake. Here's what I can report, maybe that's something worth considering for you, too :)

Took about 22 minutes at 100% CPU usage to crunch a 2.8GB vid to a 1.9GB vid and the vid lost only very little in quality despite losing 1/3 of its size, that's a good result. However, uploading the 1.9GB file takes me about 31 minutes, total 53 minutes. Uploading the original 2.8GB takes me about 41 minutes at almost no CPU usage. So as I suspected, I'm better off uploading the vids without crunching them first, plus it saves a lot of energy (electricity for 100% CPU usage.. also saves a bit of its lifespan) and I can use my PC while uploading whereas it would be completely locked for about 20 minutes while crunching. What I don't know is how much time can be saved regarding YouTube's "processing" the uploaded vid. I guess that a larger file takes more processing, but then again, it will happen anyway and even if the processing time there was shorter for a crunched file, I'd still prefer uploading a larger file because it saves my PC from a 100% CPU load. I can at least use my PC for whatever else while it's uploading and processing at YouTube. :)

BinnZ

After all the effort in calculating the difference, I think you should really measure those processing times, too. Just to get the complete picture, you know  :anigrin:
"No hay luz"

BinnZ

By the way, funny as it is, being here at home on sick leave (flue) without my rig (it's being examined to deal with the strange freezes I keep having) I feel more and more like starting a new FC2 campaign again. Hardest difficulty, no cheats or mods of course...
I might actually do that as soon as I get my rig back 🙂
"No hay luz"

Art Blade

:)

Ah, the processing time, just to test that, would require me to actually upload a massive file. I'll check when I've got a vid I actually want to upload :) But anyway, the 100% CPU usage for an extended period of time doing nothing but crunching a vid, is something I really don't want. I much rather let YouTube do their thing in the background while I can use my PC for something else.

Art Blade

the processing time for a 4.39GB vid was 7.35 minutes while the upload was 1:11 hours. So crunching the vid would at best have resulted in the same total time which is why I'm better off not crunching them.

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: Art Blade on February 17, 2019, 04:54:28 AM
Gkid, now to be fair, using the cheat for undisturbed observation isn't the same as playing campaigns with that cheat ;)

Agreed on that :) However, it's nice not having to worry about getting shot at constantly

Outposts are their own minigame now. Enemies/defenses will "level up", if you decide to raid them for ethanol, rather than keeping them. As usual, I am known for my pyromania  :laughsm: :anigrin: Max level for them is the "purple"/legendary status. Thanks to the upgraded Buzzsaw/SA-50, I obliterated them ??? :evil2:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

I saw the malaria pill box from FC2! Only it contained something to get cured from injuries caused by an exploding dog. :anigrin:

Apparently those helicopters can't be shot down, it was better to wait for them to drop the parachutists and light those up mid-air O0

Interesting concept that outposts get fortified more and more after taking them over and over again.

nex

Makes sense what you say Art, but then I have two pc's and I use my "secondary" pc
for all my downloads/uploads and that kind of thing, so that's why I "crunch" my uploads.
Thanks for the info, I will test it with the next video.    O0 
Respect is earned, not given.

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: Art Blade on February 17, 2019, 02:32:47 PM
I saw the malaria pill box from FC2!

Apparently those helicopters can't be shot down, it was better to wait for them to drop the parachutists and light those up mid-air O0

Actually, the pilot bailed out, but it was hard to notice as I did shoot the parachutists down. I think I fried the chopper pilot with the SA-50, but the game probably deleted/exploded the chopper off-screen.
It was recorded during night time so yeah. Also, I guess the MG42 doesn't have the range to take down helis/damage to do so. Incendiary rounds are weaker than armour piercing ones so the elites was rather hard to ignite ;) I need to test that, if I can destroy those choppers and figure out if I should use incendiary ammo or AP ammo for them.

Well, at least I can craft those pill boxes and not having to exchange passports for them :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

I rewatched the video at the 10:55 mark. Slowing it down and looking to the left, the heli is spiralling down to its doom.

Dweller_Benthos

Interesting vid, at least they added a way to keep getting something from outposts and not just have them taken over and be done with them.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on February 17, 2019, 05:16:03 PM
Interesting vid, at least they added a way to keep getting something from outposts and not just have them taken over and be done with them.

Yeah. They crank up the enemies as a result. Now, I am using end game gear, before I am supposed to use that :laughsm: Expeditions are the same thing aswell. Increase enemy ranks to legendary etc.

fragger

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on February 17, 2019, 05:16:03 PM

In FC4, enemies would still attack outposts you'd liberated, as long as you didn't take out whichever of the four forts had "jurisdiction" over them. The enemies never actually took the outposts back though. If you didn't help defend one, after a bit you'd get a message rapping you over the knuckles for failing to, but otherwise no penalty. If you did help defend, you could speak to a particular Golden Path guy inside the outpost and get some reward money. What they've done here sounds like a better approach.

LowPolyOWG

Yeah, I remember those. With the Buzzsaw, didn't have to worry about those  :anigrin:

Tags:
🡱 🡳