Far Cry New Dawn

Started by LowPolyOWG, February 15, 2019, 01:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dweller_Benthos

FC5 has something similar, in that if you don't do the last mission to completely take over the area, you will still have roaming bad guys. They don't attack outposts though that I recall.

So I had a bit of time to play last night after uploading my Astroneer videos, and did some small things near the main outpost. Mostly just driving down the road 100 feet until an enemy car comes along, and get into a firefight with them. One was a fuel truck, a big tanker. They are the main source of the ethanol you use as money to upgrade everything at the main outpost. So, in the process of shooting the driver, the truck took some hits and started shooting small flame jets out of the bullet holes. I ran up to it hoping to get it back to the base before it blew up when another road patrol arrived and I had to fight them. So luckily the truck didn't blow up and I ran up to it and thought maybe I can fix it, as I had just unlocked the perk to get the "repair tool" which we all know and love and is really just a blow torch. So, throwing all logic to the wind, I used a blow torch flame to repair the holes in a tank of flammable liquid in order to stop them from shooting jets of flame out all over the place. I then proceeded to hop in the truck and drive it back to base and claim the fuel to use to buy some upgrades.

That's about all I had time for, and now that I think I'm taking a bit of a break from Astroneer, I'll play FCND a bit more. Maybe upload a video or a live stream or something.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

nice :)

Man, using a blowtorch on a steaming tanker riddled with bullet holes shooting flame jets out of them and not blowing it up, that's, uhm, something quite unexpected. I don't mean you harm when I tell you I had hoped to read something about that thing blowing you into the next neighbourhood while taking out everything around and leaving a crater you'd see from the moon :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

Also in Far Cry: Re-inflate tires with a blowtorch :laughsm: :gnehe:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

fragger

Didn't you know that a blowtorch can fix anything in the world?

Except in Africa, where they use a socket-wrench ;)

If they ever set a FC in Australia, it'll be a cold chisel and half a brick.

PZ

Art Blade

nex

Quote from: fragger on February 18, 2019, 04:10:22 PM
Didn't you know that a blowtorch can fix anything in the world?

Except in Africa, where they use a socket-wrench ;) 

If they ever set a FC in Australia, it'll be a cold chisel and half a brick.
Don't forget the vicegrip or shifting spanner fragger, the shifting spanner
is the most important tool in Africa, they won't have to measure the size of the bolt
Respect is earned, not given.

LowPolyOWG

LowPolyOWG

Some new clips of my New Dawn adventures.

Causally exploring around and getting my perks to lvl 100. Which broke the ammo counter for my LMG :laughsm: :gnehe:

Spoiler

Finding something/someone familiar from the last game.

Dweller_Benthos

Nice effect at shooting down the helicopter and the two guys in parachutes go spinning away like they got caught in the downdraft. Might have been an accidental glitch, but it looked cool. Then the guys you set on fire running towards you while dying just to set you on fire at the last gasp.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

:anigrin:

"No, it was not unlucky moments, it was a rapid escalation of unscheduled events"  :D

Art Blade

hey, someone just brutalised my signature!

LowPolyOWG

Tags:
🡱 🡳