Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

very nice find, that artwork bit. :thumbsup: Looks as if the top was merged with the wall, I know that can happen when you place pictures in build mode, depending on the wall. Looks as if the missing top was about the same, faces, and that whole thing reminds me of some of Andy Warhol's pics of Audrey Hepburn.

Funny accident with that vertibird :anigrin: Yep, it's an "old trick" to shoot a PA set or parts of it to get rid of its weight. :)

lol @ Carhenge :D I've never seen that, maybe because I like to shoot those coloured cars so they blow up. When I do that, I'm usually a bit away so I wouldn't have noticed the Stonehenge reference. Except that Behemoth, I might as well have taken him out and by doing so, ruining everything in the vicinity. :gnehe:

it's not easy to get a first shot and kill done with a Fatman launcher, nicely done O0

mandru

Quote from: Art Blade on December 30, 2017, 01:07:53 AM
mandru, "Throatslicer ID# xx04e422" -- I understand that you can't make sense of those XX.

Actually I do get it.  I was basically trying to say what you did but in just one sentence.

There's the base game layer ( xx=00 which will often allow you to drop the '00' and simply enter (for example) Ballistic Fiber aec5b  ) and beyond the base the xx = all the rest of the layers ( 01 through 06 ).

It may be different for FO4 but when I was playing FO3 GOTY each time I restarted the game the entire stack of layers would be reshuffled.  That made it so that I would have to experiment to find the correct layer prefix every time I restarted the game to determine the right two digit layer identifier whether it was The Pit's Perforator or Mothership Zeta's Alien Epoxy or Operation: Anchorage's Chinese Stealth Armor.

There were some of the F03 DLC items independent of the Layers that also would allow the dropping of the two digit layer identifier like the Alien Blaster and their power cells.

Still it's better to have that information properly and fully explained for someone who is new to the game as opposed to the shorthand way I tried to express it.  O0
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

good :)

Meanwhile, I tested that grenade in Sanctuary, all hell broke loose :laughsm: and they can't kill one another so the fight kept going :laughsm:

I haven't yet found myself in a situation that made more sense to test the grenade but surely I'll check it out as soon as the opportunity arises.

Using that map cheat, I actually found three undiscovered locations with my main character. :)

Art Blade

I found this in a legendary bloodbug! I have no idea how a mosquito, if oversized, managed to carry that thing. It also had a fusion core "on board" :laughsm:

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

Just a few words on NW.

Apart from becoming "the Overboss" of three raider gangs (like Preston makes you "the General" of the minutemen) it actually isn't as violent and horrible as I thought it might be. Having to take over settlements for the gangs can be done violently but, which is what I chose, it can be done by talking and bribing settlers out of their homesteads. The rest is a bit funny what NW raiders got for their settlements to keep them happy: chem stations, booze shops, a booze brewer and stuff like that. The occasional jobs I get to do is killing regular raiders and supermutants (same as with the minutemen) so it's not so different, except the background.

I'm having a good time with that expansion because I don't have to take over my own settlements -- I have got none. :anigrin: I read that the only downside for later would be that some settlements cannot be reclaimed when you're with the minutemen or whomever you're claiming settlements for. Which in my opinion is actually good, I had far too many to take care of with my main character. But I can't say yet whether or not that information about reclaiming is accurate. We'll see. :)

Art Blade

come to think of it, claiming settlements for NW raiders is probably not even targeting one's own settlements as long as there are still some that haven't yet been claimed by the player. The guy at NW gives me a couple of settlements to choose from but always states that he has to check first whether or not they're still valid. Not valid is "if there's some activity going on" which could mean, belong to the player.

fragger

Thanks for sharing the info on NW, Art :thumbsup: I'll probably try going that route on my next playthrough, and I'm pretty certain there will be another one :gnehe:

Agreed, fewer settlements to look after could be a good thing. I'd rather have a low number of settlements and build them up to their full potential as opposed to spreading things too thin among many.

Btw, any idea what happens if you totally neglect a settlement, like don't give them enough beds or food so that their happiness plummets? I don't want to conduct such a long-term experiment in my current game.

If you want to find Carhenge, it's directly south of Walden Pond and not too far distant from same. It's near the remnants of an elevated freeway. Watch out for the Behemoth who lurks inside it.

Art Blade

Carhenge: ah, cool, cheers :) I'll check it out as soon as I can.

And actually, a good idea to test what happens if happiness goes down the drain. The game tells you that they will cease being with the minutemen (the faction I have been part of) and that you lose control of said settlement. More I don't know. But hey, I've got a few that are around 50 and I could send one or two settlers over and then give them nothing, like no food, no water.. nothing. That should drop happiness quickly and we could see what actually happens. And whether or not you may reclaim that settlement. O0

Art Blade

two more things:

If it works without other repercussions, getting rid of settlements, I might try to get rid of most of mine :laughsm:

And if you decide to start with NW and you're not cheating, make sure you level up your character by just traipsing around in the main game without meeting Preston first. You really need to be level 30+ or it's going to be a world of pain for you  :gnehe:

fragger

Got it :)

I'll probably do lots of building and such to get my levels up. I might even cheat (!) by giving myself heaps of materials, then build, scrap, build, scrap... And do as many non-Preston missions as I can find. Nothing too heavy though, in my early stage. I'll certainly stay away from FH until I'm well up in my levels.

I will definitely use god mode when it comes to that battle in the Mechanist's Lair. At least I'll still be able to claim that I've done it once without :gnehe:

Art Blade

:anigrin:

I just had another idea. I suppose you're going to test NW with your current character, supposedly after the main mission has ended. In that case, it might w0#k to lose settlements first by making them unhappy and only then start NW. As I understand it, you need to claim eight settlements for NW. They also need to be close to one another as they w0#k in pairs, one where the gang lives and one that provides the first one with livestock and whatever, hence they need to be in close proximity. Might actually w0#k  :)

fragger

Art Blade

I'll test that stuff and let you know :)

And LOL just read your line in your profile about your face :D

fragger

Art Blade

currently experimenting with losing settlements.

I moved some 20+ people to an empty 50% settlement and it almost instantly dropped to 16% :anigrin:

Tags:
🡱 🡳