Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

very nice story, fragger :) And no, I had to "kill" all the turrets. I don't know why they left you alone but be it as it is, I'd try to find out whether or not they'd defend you. Like, drop a savegame, use the workbench so it's obviously your settlement, and then spawn or bring a bad guy within their reach so the turrets can attack.

fragger

Too late, they're all gone now :anigrin: Even though there were six or seven of them, when I got control of the Workshop I had a "0" showing for defense. I didn't trust them, and I couldn't scrap them or move them, and when I shot them up, their wreckage prevented me from placing new turrets in the same places. So I did a console "disable" and "markfordelete" command on the turret wreckage (after salvaging the ammo), then I could put new ones up in their place. I have a fairly decent Defense rating there now.

Here's the crazy thing though. I didn't trash all the pre-existing turrets at once. I only destroyed the two at the main gate before building my first new one in place of one of the destroyed ones. But as soon as the new one was built, it immediately turned and began firing at the nearest old turret (which didn't fire back) and destroyed it :huh-new: It then went in a circle - I would use the console to clear the debris of a destroyed turret, and as soon as I built a new one in its place, the new turret would immediately attack the next old turret in the perimeter. I repeated the process all the way around the wall until all the old turrets were gone. None of the old turrets ever fired back at the new ones.

Saved me some ammo, at least.

Art Blade

That's funny and crazy :anigrin: It is a nice and secluded place for settlement albeit it reeks of something very bad, reminding me of a concentration camp of sorts.

Art Blade

Today I had the idea to fit out Travis with a nuka grenade. Not only does a mod conserve his ammo, it also conserves his grenade which I didn't know (cool O0 ) -- he can keep using the same one over and over again as it doesn't need replenishing. Man, he made me laugh when I heard him go, "I've got something for you.." followed by that nuke explosion :laughsm: The legendary Instigating Harpoon Gun which I found on a ghoul makes him look funny and if he can't shoot fast enough, he resorts to tossing a nuka-grenade which always makes me chuckle :anigrin: I stuffed several weapons into his inventory, along with matching ammo, so I can have him swap them out when I feel like it. Sometimes silenced, sometimes loud.. that kind of thing. :)

Porter Gage with his new Harpoon Gun
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

mandru

There's more than one Travis?  That's the second time I've seen that name pop up where I wouldn't expect it and the name in that last picture refers to that person as Porter Gage.  ???

Travis Miles is the name of the guy who's the voice of Diamond City Radio.  :undecided-new:
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

Sorry for the confusion, mandru. I have been calling Porter Gage "Travis" (as in Travis Bickle)

Quote from: Art Blade on December 27, 2017, 12:28:27 PM
My new partner looks like Robert DeNiro in Taxi Driver :anigrin:

"You talkin' to me? You.. talkin'.. to ME?"

fragger

That was kind of throwing me for a loop too... I was thinking, "Travis, the radio guy? Huh?" :gnehe: I forgot about the earlier DeNiro reference :-[

Art Blade

Terribly sorry.. I shall abstain from calling Porter "Travis" :-[

fragger

LowPolyOWG

You could call him TP  ;)
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

I just came across a companion-related exploit that might be interesting for you.

Any companion except Dog(meat) can carry an unlimited amount of items, exceeding their normal carrying capacity, as long as you ask them to pick up an item (that you may have dropped previously for just that reason) :anigrin:

Might come in handy if you're out there collecting stuff for the workbench.

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

fragger, have you come across the "Kid in the Fridge" yet?

fragger

Yep, quite a while ago. I encountered a glitch at the time that made me have to load from a previous save. I posted about it here (4th paragraph).

That exploit could come in very handy, cheers Art :thumbsup: A few times I've loaded myself and my companion up to the max only to come across something I really want to take, and then have to decide which piece(s) of junk to drop so I can accommodate the new thing. I know you can store stuff in any container you find and come back for that stuff later, but it's a hassle doing it that way - especially when you're deep in some complex location and would have to venture a long way in to get the stored stuff back.

Art Blade

Ah, welcome, and cheers to you, too :anigrin:

Well, this time I had some fun with that kid. :evil2:

Hilarious dialogues and Billy called me an "*bleep*" even :D

Perhaps because I sold him. But then I shot Bullet to whom I had sold Billy. So I got $350 for Billy and then I got Billy back, too. However..

..he didn't seem to understand. So I told him :evil2: (note Porter Gabe in the background)

I made a whole lot of screenshots around the dialogue with Billy but it is just too much to be posted here. So just a few highlights. I haven't yet bothered to take him to his parents' home yet (I told him they were probably dead) so Billy's following Gabe and me and has to endure all the *bleep* Gabe and I am doing. Gabe is just perfect for what I'm doing. He doesn't know most of the quests and just enjoys hanging out with me, dropping some random but somehow fitting comments that keep cracking me up :D

Right now Billy is likely hanging out in front of the entrance of Vault88. He wouldn't follow so I teleported him in but then he wouldn't stay in there and shuffled back out.

You know, I might actually have some use for him as a pathfinder. When I don't know how to get out of a maze, just teleport him in and follow him out :evil2:

Tags:
🡱 🡳