Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

sorry mate, and bloody hell, I think I confused fusion cores with fusion cells. AND that happened because I confused your perk with the Gatling Laser which indeed uses fusion cores as ammo and I think that thing purges whole cores.

I think I should have a cup of coffee to get my brains working properly again :anigrin:

Gatling Laser with cores
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Art Blade

I rechecked, god mode off, with the Gatling laser.

You don't lose the cores but it keeps using fresh cores if you reload, rather than using used ones. So the "problem" is that you keep racking up tons of half-used cores in your inventory.

fragger

No worries, you had me worried there for a minute :gnehe:

I had to edit my last post too, I made a silly mistake in it ::)

Art Blade

hehe cheers  :D all good, mate :bigsmile:

Art Blade

and here, have a cup of coffee :anigrin:

I suppose that is what it would have looked like after the two of us had finished testing "unlimited ammo" and "fusion cores"

"alright, I think I know what it does, now."

fragger

:laughsm:

That's good info to know anyway Art, for when I get a Gatling Laser. I can build one in my Weapon Machine, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

The mistake I made in my last post was thinking that I'd found an exploit which would allow a "free" reload of a standard laser rifle after using a limitless one. I stuffed up. I was forgetting that the inventory shows ALL ammo, including the rounds already in your weapons. So I wasn't getting a freebie at all. I deleted the paragraph in question in case I got anyone else's hopes up :gnehe:

I can't use caffeine deficiency as an excuse. I'll have to blame the heat ::)

Art Blade

Ah, the heat. I wouldn't recommend yesterday's coffee although it should be cold by now, so I much rather offer you an ice-cold Cooper. :anigrin:

Art Blade

bloody hell!!

I forgot to say that without god mode, I noticed "999/41" as ammo count, started shooting, and it took a while until the 999 started to count down. So one Fusion Core for the Gatling laser is worth at least 1,000 rounds

I too edited that one post. :anigrin:

fragger

Now a Coopers is something I could go for right now O0 :anigrin:

It must be a day/night for corrections :gnehe: I also need to slightly amend something I wrote earlier. I said that the "limitless" laser still has a reload animation. It does, but only if there is > "000" showing in the HUD where the inventory ammo is normally displayed, and that only seems to happen when you pick some Fusion Cell up from somewhere. If it already says 000, it won't do the reload animation.

I've noticed that Fusion Cores in Power Armor do a similar thing to Gatling Lasers. If an empty Core gets automatically swapped out by the suit, it'll pick a full one to insert, or if you don't have a full one, it'll pick whichever one has the most juice left in it. Because I don't use Power Armor too often, and if I have a bunch of partially-full ones lying around, I'll take those with me to use them up and leave the full ones behind, depending on how long I think I'll be in the suit.

Art Blade

yep, IF for whatever reason I have to use a PA, I make sure to first pick a half-used core and insert that manually (via transfer) and only THEN do I equip the PA.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I hated the fact that power armor didn't use the lowest charged core, so I got a mod that lets you drain cores into a holding cell of some kind, then fill up the empties to full. I always carried around the last partial and a full one just in case I needed to get into the armor, and made sure to manually install the partial first.

The creepy statue is in Vault 88, near the pharmacy exit I believe. It's under the stairs and you have to go looking for it, it's in a dead end room that has nothing else much in it as I recall. I also think the "eye" is a couple billiard balls placed to look like an eye and if you toss a grenade in there, it will pop them out and the statue will be eyeless after that. It's easier to look at using the noclip command.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

ah, good to know. Thank you :)

fragger

D_B, yeah, that's where the statue was. I did so much poking around that day I couldn't remember what I found where :gnehe:

Art Blade

:anigrin:

Damn those raider settlements! There is apparently no way I can stop the throng, everyone just has to move in and be in one of those raider settlements! I have eight of those and they started off harmlessly with like two or three peeps in there. Whenever I check the stats (not to risk whatever kind of problems) the populace has doubled or tripled  :banghead: Some settlements have now reached bloody 30 raiders hanging out there. OK, it is funny. :D

everyone wants in

Art Blade

By the way, I'm no longer member of the Railroad. Because they suddenly went extinct. :evil2:

Once upon a time, there was a group called Railroad.

After looting the place and checking my inventory with respect to probably being overburdened, Gage suddenly dropped that remark. Man, did he crack me up! :D (he keeps doing that)

Gage more concerned with my inventory space than with the sudden demise of the RR

Tags:
🡱 🡳