Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

Funny fragger you would post about your discovery of the Yangtze this morning.  I was passing through that neighborhood in the game and spent a few minutes showing her off to Mrs. mandru last night.  I was in my PA so I used the toggle clipping and toggled water off to show her the best angles of the Yangtze I could find at least from above the waterline for the clearest viewing.

The captain of the Yangtze repeatedly refers to her as "My beautiful ship" and I have to agree that the design of that sub is quite splendid.

None of the screenshots posted in Google images favorably depict the Yangtze.  If you've not already done so I would highly recommend donning your best water gear with the brightest mining helmet light you got and swim a few laps around, over and under that indeed beautiful ship.

Heh heh Art, I too made a save point and intentionally caused the Yangtze to depart the physical realm.  ;)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

hehe :anigrin:

What was it again, "simple minds, simple pleasures." Ah no, hold on, I meant "great minds think alike." Funny how both may apply at the same time. :D

It's good to be back on track. I'm really enjoying it, the Minuteman way.. :bigsmile: I'm even enjoying Preston's "settlement X needs your help" quests. :D

By the way, I too switched off the crosshair now, like fragger. Just for some additional fun. :anigrin: And I disabled the mod that made dead but lootable bodies glow so they were easy to spot. Now it's all the same, no glowing stuff anymore. :)

we are the minutemen
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Dweller_Benthos

Interesting to read different experiences people have in the same place. For instance, the Boston Mayoral Bunker was a very different place for me than it was for Fragger. I went there very early in the game, as I explored the west edge of the map all the way to the glowing sea on the second or third day in game, so maybe level 10? Tough fight with all the synths there, as I wasn't a friend of the Institute yet, hadn't even heard about the place yet, and the deathclaw in the basketball court was a tough fight, he had me backed into the tunnel up the stairs and luckily couldn't follow me so I lobbed grenades at him.

I've also wondered how the deathclaw fight in Concord would go, if you placed a bunch of landmines around his sewer tunnel exit point. You'd have to sneak there and not attract the raiders, but it might be possible.

I also used cheats to take a look at the Yangtse, noclip lets you fly and tws turns off water fog so you can see clearly underwater. From what I remember, it's the same or close to it, design of the sub in the Children of Atom base in Far Harbor.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

fragger

Art, that's not really how I see the game. I know that there aren't any radically different outcomes resulting from your dialogue choices. I'm under no illusions about those - it's not like I haven't experimented with them at all :gnehe: But I was actually talking about the dialogue choices that do make a difference in some instances, such as the diner encounter you mentioned. In that case, being a bastard could result in missing out on having an additional trader to do biz with. There are a few of those sort of affairs, usually in side or casual missions, and if you're new to the game it's best to cover your bases by being a good guy, especially early on when you're not terribly strong nor well-armed. I think it's a natural thing for people to do anyway. Non-sociopathic people, that is :gnehe:

Anyhow, I've maxed out X6's affinity now. That's all the companions in the game done except for Danse. I wanted to get X6's perk before starting down the path to taking out the Institute.

mandru, I did swim all around the sub before going into it (I can breathe underwater with the Aquaboy/Aquagirl perk). I had to because I couldn't find the flipping way in :gnehe: On top of the conning tower, duh... Agreed, that's a terrific sub design :thumbsup:

Art Blade

Art Blade

By the way, I found a mistake in the wiki regarding legendary weapon effects. And today I managed to find the solution, the correct value.

INCENDIARY Sets target on fire for 15 points of damage. The correct code is 001e7173 for modding a weapon. In the wiki the code starts with e7 and it never worked. :)

So here's how you'd do it:

Drop a ballistic weapon (uses bullets) so you can "grab" it using the same key that's bound to picking up, only you hold the key --keep pressing until the weapon gets lifted off the ground-- rather than tap it. That floating gun is what you grabbed.

Open the console and enter this command: getplayergrabbedref

you should now see in the console a response, like this
GetPlayerGrabbedRef >> (ff00609d)

Please bear in mind that "ff00609d" is only an example, you need to write what you see in your console.

type that reference ID manually into the console followed by ".amod" and then a gap and then the legendary code, in our case for incendiary and hit enter. Like this:
ff00609d.amod 001e7173

Now you should see through the console that the weapon gets droped the moment you hit enter. Close your console and pick up that weapon.

You should see a star (for legendary) as part of the weapon's name and if you hadn't changed its name before, it should now read "incendiary" as a prefix, like incendiary minigun. Usually you get that sound when picking up a legendary weapon for the first time and you usually see the screen with the weapon and its data sheet, like those legendary items usually do. If it doesn't happen, doesn't matter, but if you check in your pip-boy, you should see the description of the legendary effect.

Have fun :)

Here a screenshot with my console open and you see the stuff from testing, too, as well as the first success :) I picked up the weapon first and then checked the pip-boy and there I opened the console and prepared the command line for this screenshot.

legendary incendiary code 001e7173
(please enlarge if you can't read the fine print)

Art Blade

I just created an incendiary Cryolator :laughsm:

The effect is supposed to w0#k with ballistic weapons. The Cryolator in its vanilla form is more what I'd call an "ice spray" so there are no ballistic projectiles. You can upgrade it to something that shoots little white things, I like to call those "ice cubes." So I modded the incendiary effect on the ice cube version, it worked (lol) and then I wanted to see what would happen if I removed that weapon mod and turned it back to an ice spray. Turns out that the weapon still fired projectiles, flaming stuff, so the same burning ice cubes as if I hadn't removed the mod. However, I decided to put the ice cube mod back on just in case, I didn't want to brake anything  :gnehe:

You see flaming tracers when shooting and then the target freezes over while burning -- it's probably the craziest weapon I've ever created in FO4 :laughsm:

incendiary Cryolator

I don't think I've ever noticed this thing before. Maybe this time because of the nice light. It's some kind of agricultural machine. And boy, it is huge!  ???

some massive agricultural machine

Art Blade

I met Ann Codman, at the hair dresser. She wasn't exactly charming and polite.. so there's one word for her.

one word :laughsm:

fragger

:D

I ran into her in the "upscale" bar in the upper levels and told her the same thing :gnehe:

There's an area due west of Natick, right near the extremity of the map, which appears to be some kind of breeding ground for Deathclaws. Danse and I fought with six of them in a relatively small area and within a few minutes' of one another, including a "Legendary Mythical" and a "Matriarch". And it was right there, at Deathclaw Central, in dense fog and in the middle of a raging Radstorm, that Danse decided to have a milestone dialogue :banghead: These peoples' timing, honestly... Needless to say, halfway through his spiel a Deathclaw pounced on him right in front of me ::) We dispatched the 'claw and went through the dialogue again (I hurried him along by using the corresponding arrow key) and he finished just in time for us to have a meet-and-greet with a passing Behemoth.

He couldn't have waited until we were at a bar to spill his guts like a regular guy, could he? :gnehe:

Art Blade

fragger

I have yet another question: Does X6-88 become hostile towards you, or your settlements, if you destroy the Institute? To be on the safe side, I've sent him to live by himself at Coastal Cottage before I go after the Institute. I've already maxed out his affinity so I don't need him for that anymore. I got him working on his own Mutfruit plant and gave him a small water pump, a bed and a turret, to at least keep the settlement in a somewhat "happy" state.

I don't want him at Starlight because my manufacturing works is there, and anyway Nick is looking after the place :gnehe: Coastal Cottage is well out of the way and the Brotherhood don't seem to venture into that area very often, so I thought it might be a good place to send X6.

I've built up a small collection of robot models now. I think they're kind of cute.
In fact, I wouldn't mind having a set of them in real life :gnehe:

Art Blade

yes, he's a courser, one of the enforcers of the Institute. He'll turn hostile and won't be available as companion anymore. If he's in a settlement with "normal" settlers, a fight might ensue there between him and the settlers. Best isolate him first or send him back to the institute. If you send him to an otherwise empty settlement and assign him a job like farmer, he might just stay there and keep farming but you won't be able to interact with him as he'll attack immediately. So your preparations are likely to w0#k just fine  O0

In my case, I had him isolated and later used cheats which rendered him a settler. In mandru's case, a glitch caused him to stay friendly and he had a double, too. But those are not the normal circumstances. Normal is that you'll lose him.

And that pic of your collection is really nice :) I like those tiny models, too :bigsmile:

Art Blade

Ha! I just came across "Art vs Art" (close to Mass Pike Tunnel East, near DC) which was funny because my lines look as if one of them said them. This time I knew already who was who but did the interrogation speech check anyway. This time I wanted the synth executed.

And so it happened that Art told Art to kill Art.  :anigrin:

fragger

A veritable wealth of Arts :anigrin:

It never occurred to me to send X6 back to the Institute, good suggestion :thumbsup: That might be the best course of action - get rid of him altogether. Then, if I decide I do want a settlement at Coastal Cottage at some point, he won't be a problem.

I never liked him much anyway...

Art Blade

"A veritable wealth of Arts," hehe :anigrin:

I didn't particularly like X6-88, either, but just as well I couldn't kill him because he wasn't really an Institute guy anymore when I turned him into a settler. By now you know enough of the background and went through all those kinds of stories that I can reveal three of those five synths that I put into one settlement. Nick, X6-88, and Danse.

Actually, Danse.. I reckon you followed the guide, so I suppose you played Blind Betrayal.

Sorry for the hint but by asking the following, I won't give away too much: Is "your" Curie still a robot? If so, I recommend maxing out her affinity so you get to play her personal quest.

Tags:
🡱 🡳