Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PZ

Dang, I just don't have enough time in the day to do all things I want to do. I have a bunch of games I'd like to play but life seems to always get in the way  :undecided-new:

Art Blade

you can always try to get better at ignoring that kind of stuff and spend some time gaming :anigrin: Or you need a strict time management that includes some gaming time.

PZ

:gnehe:  I know... I know...

Art Blade

KingRat

Nice to see someone still playing this :D I started a new game with some mods on the X1 last month. Up to lvl 78 and only 2 main quests done; only companions have been Dogmeat & Ada...sometimes babysitting 600 settlers in 25+ settlements can be a chore though :D Still need to do Far Harbor & Nuka World. Still have my original PC character at lvl 70 with no mods (used console commands for materials) and never finished the game.

I think this might be my first post on the new setup too. Looking good  :thumbsup:

Art Blade

cheers, and have fun O0

KingRat

Oh, except for the lockups and crashes it's been fun. Been using the same weapon Spray n' Pray almost exclusive...blows up everything. I've been collecting power armors and leave sets at select settlements. The 6 I left at Sanctuary all have fusion cores, and so far haven't been used by settlers or stolen. I leave weapons in the worktable so settlers can grab one when they come under attack. Give them 1 of each ammo type...I found Garvey carrying a fat man & mini nuke, another settler had 2 mini guns with 493 5mm rounds and a 3rd had a missile launcher and 13 missiles :D

Have my X-01 MK VI set with stealth field and also have Ada with stealth support. Have her equipped with stealth blade and mini gun, and watching her take out a squad of raiders or gunners is awesome...  :)

Art Blade

oh, that's cool. I didn't know leaving weapons in the workbench makes them available to settlers ???
That's deffo a +1 :thumbsup: for you mate :) And yes, I had a few of CTDs.. no warning, game disappeared. But the loading screens are worse than a crash and they are getting on my nerves. Almost every door means a loading screen..

Speaking of weapons and which ones to use.. I repeatedly spent quite a bit of time on sorting, stashing, modding and renaming them and I keep reassigning weapons to my favourite weapons slots. I consider Sanctuary my base and keep returning to that spot to unload all my collected stuff into various containers. I have one for ammo including grenades and such, one for weapons I consider useless which means they're mostly of the pipe type, one for melee weapons, one for weapons I might mod and give to settlers, one for those that I modified at some stage but stopped using them and one for the legendary weapons. I also have various mannequins to display and store certain types of apparel. Like, one mannequin with all combat armour pieces I found, one with suits and so on.

Renaming weapons is essential for me so I can tell them apart from randomly collected weapons. I use some type of system, too, when renaming them so I can tell those weapons apart by certain stats. For instance, a normal weapon would be something like

*PL LRS B+E 96/33/350/177

The asterisk is to make it to the top of any list, PL for plasma (P would be any pistol, including revolvers), LRS is the Long range Recon Scope, B+E means that weapon deals ballistic and energy damage, 96 means the amount of damage (in this case, B+E each have got a value of 96), 33 is the rate of fire, 350 the range and 177 the accuracy.

Unfortunately the name you can assign to a weapon has got a lot less digits than what the game can call them. The game's names are sometimes so long that you need to select a weapon in the inventory or a trade menu in order to see the full name above the weapon's 3D model. With only a limited amount of digits, I sometimes have to omit descriptive abbreviations, like in this case the ammo type.

For instance, I'd call a weapon *H LNV S .50 and then the stats. H for Hunting rifle, Long Night vision scope, Suppressor, .50 cal and the rest (fire rate, range, accuracy). If it is a legendary weapon, I try to squeeze in a hint of what makes it legendary, changing the description to something like *H knee.50 and the rest. Knee for 20% knee capping probability (crippling the enemy) so there's no room for scopes and suppressor in the description.

It works fairly well, though. The advantage of that system is that you can quickly see the stats when pressing the button for your favourite weapons that shows some sort of cross with an icon of the weapon type and the number on the keyboard it is assigned to. It shows the weapon's name when moving around that cross with the cursor but you can't see the actual stats. For that you'd have to open the pip boy, go to the inventory tab, the weapons tab, and then scroll through your weapons list which may be cluttered thanks to weapons picked up along the way. Takes too much time and effort for my taste, so I rather rename them properly ;)

I have probably 8 sets of power armours on display and a lot of parts in a container out of which I could likely create a handful more complete power armours. And there are more.. lol

I'm about to hit level 56 now but haven't completed any major main quest yet. I could take on BoS, Railway and other paths but have been on the Minuteman's path ever since the early game led me there. It's a game that thankfully allows you to play as you see fit and at your own time. I've racked up 357 hours so far, and it's only this first playthrough. :anigrin:

Art Blade

Quote from: mandru on August 09, 2017, 12:13:49 AMSo now I know why some of the items I tried to add in FO4 using the console command failed.  I needed to leave FO4 to go back and play FO3 GOTY to discover what the two X's at the front of the ID numbers were used for.

You inspired me to try again, too. I have acquired two rifles with an unfamiliar caliber 45-70 and a harpoon gun. When I found them (the rifles were on some raiders and the harpoon gun on a super mutant) there was no ammo for them and I've never come across any ammo for those weapons. I learned that they were related to the Far Harbor DLC and I found a site with all ammo codes, including DLC

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_ammunition

And now I've got the matching ammo. There's one simple way to make it w0#k: trial and error.

Those XX digits have to be replaced with 01 or 02 or 03 and so on. Because 00 would be for the main game, no website would show XX in the code for any main game code. If it shows XX then it has to be a code for a DLC.

So the first digits will be 00 for any main game code and then, depending on the load order, DLCs and mods will increment those digits by 1. Basically it means that if you have no mods and only one DLC, the code should start with 01. The same goes for the case that the DLC is loaded prior to any mods. Main game + DLC = 01. If you have any mods that are loaded before the DLC is loaded, the digits would be the amount of mods plus one. Two mods and one DLC = 03. There is a chance with several mods and several DLC that the first digits will appear to be random, no way of guessing them. But we can simply try by systematically increasing the first digits :)

If you, like me, don't know which is which or whether or not any mods are loaded prior to the DLC we're trying to get the code working for, and in my case, in which position among the DLCs my Far Harbor DLC is loaded, just make a quick save so you can test and then reload when you know the digits. After the quick save, open the console and type the command player.additem followed by the code with those XX in front and the amount you wish to receive. Like so:

player.additem XX010b80 10 (it is the code for the Far Harbor harpoon ammo)

but you don't hit enter.. the XX don't w0#k. Instead, override them with 01 or 02 or 03... and then hit enter, like so:

player.additem 01010b80 10 <hit enter now>

And close the console right after that so you can observe the message on screen telling you either " (10) added" -- 10 of who knows what that was, better not mess with that, that's what the quick save was for, to go back to before you added some ghost code  :gnehe: -- or you see something like "harpoon (10) added" which is obviously a success. If you got 10 of nothing added, increment again like so:

player.additem 02010b80 10 <hit enter now>

and check again, eventually you'll have found the correct digits. Once you found the correct code, load back your savegame. Open the console and use the normal arrow up key, from the cursor keys next to your right CTRL key. The up arrow will print the last command you used before the savegame, which should be the working command you last found. Saves you the typing ;) Hit enter, and you should see that 10 of whatever have been added. Of course you might want to override 10 with perhaps 1000 so you get sufficient ammo with one command. In my case, the leading digits were 03. In your case, they might be 01.

Done.

I hope it works for you -- have fun :)

Art Blade

Guys.. I was just in Nuka World again trying to get rid of five space suits and five matching helmets (they weighed a ton but were "quest items" so I couldn't drop or store them) and was just in the middle of the corresponding quest when, yet again, Sanctuary needed help. And again I was in an indoor location. :banghead:

At this point a brief intermission: I had been in Nuka World already, perhaps half an hour before this here, grabbed the power armour and jumped to Sanctuary, thinking I wouldn't have to go back any time soon. When I arrived, Sanctuary was under attack by robots. I hadn't missed any messages telling me to help defend that place, yet there they were. Having finished off the robots, I unloaded my stuff and to my surprise the space suits I had collected didn't show when I wanted to stash my apparel away. When I looked up the inventory, they showed up.. one space suit weighs 8kg and the helmet 5kg.. 65kg of thread (out of 250kg max capacity) I couldn't get rid of because they were quest items and I didn't even know which quest they were part of! ??? So I had to research that and go back to Nuka World yet again, find, start, and finish a quest, just to get rid of a ton of accoutrements of wannabe space-faring lunatics.

oh GEE Zus :banghead:

What is the game's obsession with defending a settlement, particularly Sanctuary, every bloody time I'm in Nuka World? Been there three times, not really for long, and every single time I got a "help defend X" event popping up. Two times out of three it was Sanctuary. Plus the one attack I mentioned above that hadn't yet triggered the defend X message.

This time I came prepared. Before using my batch file to jump to Cait in Sanctuary, I had an idea -- I needed an anchor inside Nuka World. I opened the console and clicked on the leader of the Hubologists, Dara Hubbell, and scrolled the mouse wheel until I saw "[EP]" behind the code that I know tells me it's a person's code, like " (0600cc9d)[EP] and at the time, I learned that my Nuka World DLC requires 06 as the principal digits for item codes and such. Good to know.

I jumped to Cait, short time loading screen of maybe 15 seconds, the attacking robots (why is Sanctuary ALWAYS the target of robots, not raiders?) were already being pummeled by my army of heavy machine gun turrets surrounding the settlement so I basically didn't have to do anything. Successfully completed the defend mission, and jumped to Dara with player.moveto 0600cc9d which to my amazement took only about 5 seconds of loading time ??? Likely because it was a small room -- the interior of a flying saucer.

I then went to the Galactic Zone to grab the last of the 35 star cores needed to unlock the Nuka power armour. I knew it was inaccessible without restoring power to the theme park and that it would only be possible at the end of the DLC's main quest which I didn't intend to wait for. The console command tcl helped me to get to the last location (by clipping through roofs and walls.. hehe) and finally I got that power armour.

NOW, finally, I don't have to go back to Nuka World any time soon. I think I'll leave that for later.

Phew :)

By the way. First, I almost ruined it by blowing up the guy who led me to the quest.. he wasn't explosion-proof :D I had just got a shotgun with explosive ammo and was killing off attacking scorpions when I got a mission failed message :o Man, I'm so glad I am a frequent game saver.. :D Secondly, at the end of the mission I overpowered the UFO and the Hubologists all lost their heads.. :evil2:

Dweller_Benthos

Interesting weapon naming, that's way too technical for me, any weapon I wanted to keep on me I just put AAA at the beginning of the name to sort it to the top of the list and make it stand out so I don't toss it away. I mostly kept a few select legendary weapons and stored the rest. The super special ones like the MIRV fat man launcher I put on display. Early on, I got a wounding 10mm pistol that I kept the rest of the time I played. Also had a staggering assault rifle that was pretty good. I silenced everything and took perks that give a bonus for silenced weapons, so they were all pretty powerful, and with a sneak attack bonus of 5X damage, or something like that, most normal enemies were one shot kills. I never did much with the spray and pray, I think mostly because I had the explosive minigun, so why bother? It wasn't until late in the game, after Nuka World that I started carrying other guns like the alien blaster just to make things different.

The Hubolgists quest at the UFO is one that a lot of people get "wrong". No one listens to her when she says they need three fusion cores. Players just look in the circuit box and see four slots and put four in, and they die. If you put three in, the ride finishes and they survive and then camp out in the repair shed and there are a few more things you can do with them. I also think the space suits don't count as weight (or shouldn't anyway) when the quest is active, as most quest items have no weight. Of course, that could be a bug, Nuka World (and Fallout in general) isn't known for being bug-free.

Also, the star core on the upper level of the repair shed respawns after a few days. No need to cheat noclip to get the last core to get the armor. You can just keep going back to the shed and getting the core until you have enough. Not as fast as noclip, but removes the need for commands.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

KingRat

Hey Art, I noticed an earlier comment you made about running/connecting wires. There's a wire glitch you can use to pass through walls or stretch it as long as you need. I've been using it and it works. Wasteland Dovahkiin has it posted on her utube video list if you're interested.

Art Blade

KingRat, thank you very much :) It's not that urgent anymore -- I learned the hard way how wiring is done properly. Now I don't have any problems anymore. However, it might prove useful if that glitch hasn't been ironed out yet so I actually might check it out. O0

D_B, funny you should mention that respawning star core. When I got to the shed to grab a component for the UFO, I indeed noticed and grabbed that star core and was a bit puzzled. There was no way of knowing that but it was close to "just a few minutes" too late that I found out.

As to the overpowered UFO, I knew three were needed and four would kill them. I did that on purpose to exact revenge on those dimwits for having me haul their space suits across the map. You're right, it was very likely a bug. That stuff did weigh something, that's how I know it's 65kg ((8+5) x 5) because the properties showed the weight.

LowPolyOWG

https://bethesda.net/en/article/1flg4XQFe4UcUGSCqe4k2S/fallout-4-game-of-the-year-edition

So FO4 is getting a GOTY edition. Hmmm, might be a nice bundle for the winter sale
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

:) Today I was thinking about how satisfied I am with the full game (all DLCs) which I purchased for less than half the normal price during some steam sale.

Although the base game surely is epic on its own, the DLCs make it even more epic. But man, the normal price is equally epic.

Tags:
🡱 🡳