Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

Good story fragger.  :D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Dweller_Benthos

Pretty cool fragger, it made me think of something. In that area of the city is a church, it's directly across the little bay from the castle, and a few streets in. Along one side of the front door, which you can't get in, the church itself is blocked, there's a spot where the game has a glitch and you can walk inside the church structure where you shouldn't be able to. I think this church is the one with the shrine to cats in the basement.

Anyway, I was thinking if you could lure enemies into that area then duck inside the church where they can't get at you, because they can't walk through the walls like you can, you should be able to take them down easily. Bit of an exploit, but might be fun to try.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

indeed, great story, fragger :thumbsup: :) And No. I haven't tried that. Nor do I think I want to :gnehe:

mandru

I've had to go back through all my settlement's defense set ups to correct a flaw in my design.  :banghead:

On all of my installations of the automatic heavy lasers I had daisy chained them (technically connected in Series) from one laser to the next which worked great at least until recently.  Twice now in quick succession I've had attackers with missile launchers take out the first laser in the series knocking my entire patented Wall-O-Death protecting that corridor of attack with two quick hits.  It was as if they were intentionally targeting the weak link in the chain.  :o

Fortunately I was present for both attacks and saw it happen so I was on hand to mop up the scoundrels manually.

After a bit of rework I was able (in all of my settlements) to give each laser in an installation a direct connection (Parallel wiring) to a power feed so that all of the lasers now have no dependency on any another laser to provide its power supply.  Sure it's cost me a bit in copper to run all those extra lines but in the few incursions that have occurred since this upgrade the attackers are eliminated so rapidly that there have been no further damages to those settlements.

- mandru

Art Blade

I learned that same lesson, too. After that, I had a new case: the lasers were already parallel-wired but the wires came from a large distribution mast. They actually shot that; and they shot the generator in a different case. The result was the same as yours. Ever since, I've wired my lasers from behind and below, taking generators and wiring out of sight and kept them sheltered. Preferably the lasers are sitting on the roof edge and in the centre of the roof I got my hub from which the wires go to every laser. :)

mandru

Most of my settlements have 300 units of energy from 3 of the 100 lvl generators (also shielded from outside view) so if one goes down there's plenty of back up.  I've also built redundancy into my wiring feeds to the weapons so that power is delivered from more than one line feed.  I've not seen a pylon being targeted but over built to minimize that possibility.

I also replace defensive weapons that are smoking even if they are still functional when they crop up.  Usually my defense installations are so thorough that it's hard for me to make a kill so I get the "Thanks" conversation from one of the settlers but that's a small price to pay.

Yes I do wear a belt and suspenders.  :anigrin:

- mandru

Art Blade

:D

The pylon may have been hit by accident but it was broken when I returned.

LowPolyOWG

Bethesda teasing something :huh-new:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

mandru

"A new direction"?

I don't recall where that I saw it but I've seen it suggested that FO5 may be taking place in space.

It's the 10 year anniversary of FO3 which was where (in the DLC content) we were swept up into the Zetan ship for that fun romp of alien bashing and Earth saving.  So far I've spent a lot of time charging around in the Fall Out Universe on flat maps restrained to the dimensions of North, South, East, and West other than that brief stint aboard the Mother ship.

So a game based in space (or off Earth) would be a minimally visited New Direction.

Maybe the FO3 Capital City BOS scientists have reverse engineered, improvised, and improved on tech gleaned from the Zetan mother ship to confront the Zetans on their own turf.  :evil2:

- mandru

Dweller_Benthos

Battle of the Sea of Tranquility maybe? To the moon!

Nope....

Vault 76?
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Fallout 76. It will be an online-only Fallout this time around. Well, Bugthesda did release Elder Scrolls Online earlier, so why not do the same with Fallout?

Art Blade

I can already hear PZ scream with joy and happiness.

LowPolyOWG

:laughsm: If I guess correctly, you mean the opposite of joy and happiness? :anigrin:

Art Blade

yes :) it's called "irony"

basically like, "I love this game. ... Not."

LowPolyOWG

Tags:
🡱 🡳