Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingRat

Art, 88 is the DLC...have fun with the overseer. 81 is up near Oberland (sp)

Art Blade

ah, yes! Thanks mate :)

KingRat

I installed the 'beantown interiors' mod and have been exploring everywhere looking for "Drunken Gnomes" :D So far I have 1-35 ...they are seriously well hidden as I found Major Tom in cockpit of one of the aircraft at the airport. I've used this guys mod in FO3 and found over a dozen of the gnomes there..

Art Blade

lol that is crazy  :D

I just came across the overseer. I watched an episode of the vault 88 story on YT and I'm, erm, warned. I'll try to get it over with nice and clean -- no cruel experiments :anigrin:

Also, I found my first Gauss rifle and a handmade rifle (from Nuka World, in vault 88.. had again to cheat ammo for that)

Art Blade

Somehow I'm having a weird string of coincidences all day long.  :huh-new: :)

Remember that I mentioned Fallon's Department Store and West Roxbury Station when I jumped off the roof there and found the "Spray n' Pray?" I've just cleared the northern part of vault 88 and by that gained access to a stairwell that ends in a room with a ladder on top of which is a gully cover for exit. I dropped a quicksave and went out through that gully and guess where I found myself? Yeah.. exactly there, in the middle of the road at the same crossing.. LOL  :D

That being said, it is quite a distance on the map between the gully entrance/exit and the vault 88 icon. Must be very extensive. :)

KingRat

Really extensive....and the wildlife :D I cleared the whole place including all the uranium deposits, radscorpions, ghouls, deathclaws, mirelurks etc before I started doing anything else. I like to use the pharmacy exit/entrance at University Point.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah vault 88 is the Vault Tec DLC, it's pretty cool for building stuff. I did the experiments mid-range, not completely nice, but not the really nasty ones either. That exit near the department store can be dangerous, you can pop out to find yourself next to a couple super mutant suiciders.

Vault 81 is the one near the pond, east of Oberland station, yeah, and a good set of quests plus the Overseer's Guardian.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Quote from: KingRat on August 12, 2017, 05:15:24 PM
Really extensive....and the wildlife :D I cleared the whole place including all the uranium deposits, radscorpions, ghouls, deathclaws, mirelurks etc before I started doing anything else.

I've only just finished clearing out the entire area.. so, I did exactly the same :laughsm:

I have to say, the "wounding" prefix on an assault rifle is splendid. I didn't even think about the knee capping before it was basically too late, I already had reduced the mirelurk queen to an exsanguinous floppy bag before I thought of it. Same with those radscorpions and all the rest.

Did you guys know the bleeding effect even works on robots? I wouldn't know why but it does. :anigrin:

Regarding vault 88 and the tests and all that, I think I'm going to test a few variants using save games. I already had a good chuckle when I tried the sarcastic approach for fun when the first volunteers showed up :laughsm:

I'll save vault 81 for later. :)

LowPolyOWG

I guess the robots "bleed" oil/hydraulic fluids. If not, its probably Bethesda using the same damage model across enemies.

Yeah, I like the ragdoll effects when I shoot people in GTA, especially in the knees
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

I think "the same damage model" is quite likely

Hehe, you could change your signature to "keep calm and cap knees"  :anigrin:

KingRat

Speaking of 88, I've been busy building up the big island and wasn't paying any attention to my settlements. So when I checked earlier 88 was up to 34, and everyone was complaining about the bed situation...of course they were :D Another thing, when I give the new dwellers an 88 suit and pip boy some will equip the pip boy and some won't...even forcing an equip doesn't take? Any thoughts? Also, started Nuka World this evening...had fun running the gauntlet with 2 bots getting in my way ...

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: Art Blade on August 12, 2017, 09:13:38 PM
Hehe, you could change your signature to "keep calm and cap knees"  :anigrin:

Hmm, maybe "Keep calm and burn down everything" instead :evil2: Considering my habit of killing stuff with a flare gun/molotov cocktails :gnehe:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

it's your signature.. do what you like best :)

KingRat, I have no idea about those pip boys, sorry. Maybe there's a mod for it?

KingRat

Art, it's a bug. Did a google search and the fix is posted on the wiki and there's a console code fix for PC players.

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳