Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I had fun with vault 88. I kept all three volunteers whom I interviewed and apparently one more person popped up, too, so including overseer I had 5 peeps there. Then I switched off the beacon. I went only for good choices, everyone is happy except the overseer who in the end pulled an Elvis ("left the building") :gnehe:

Although the coffee fountain isn't producing as much happiness as a mood-enhancing brew, it is less manipulative and the only chems in it are flavours. :) It is funny, I placed those vault items in Croup Manor (finally a help defend X mission.. but apparently during the entire vault session nothing, only when finished) and the people there are all crazy about the coffee. You keep hearing, "mmmh, this tastes delicious." And they are flocking up around that soda fountain so much I had to build another one  :D

Art Blade

Man, I just left a quarry called Dunwich Borers that reminded me of the stories about that haunted mine in Australia mandru posted about. Here, it was haunted by tons of ghouls and a couple of raiders. Fun part: it was quite dark but you could find and use circuit breakers in order to shed some light on the whole thing :)

FO4 Dunwich Borers
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

KingRat

Dunwich is certainly creepy :D Did u get the legendary blade? Been watching Gopher and he's using it for his melee weapon.

Art Blade

yep, and two more legendary items :)

FO4 Dunwich Borers legendary

mandru

Nice pick up on that Sentinal's Chinese Officer's Sword.  I tend to not stand in one place long enough when the heat's on but I can see how it would pair really well with the Strength level 9 perk Rooted.  :thumbsup:

Where I've combined all the perks that build up sneak, crits, and melee the Kremvh's Tooth from Dunwich Borers is my favorite go to weapon when I'm using a power suit with built in stealth boy.

Maxed Blitz (the level 9 Agility perk) gives an insane amount of distance from which to initiate a melee attack and by chaining multiple targets in VATS you can clear out an area in jig time.  With compounded perks it would seem that by using Kremvh's Tooth I kill the targets faster than the time required for its poison effect have affect.  :D
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

nice. :anigrin:

mandru, KingRat and the rest of you,

come to think of it, I believe KingRat meant this one rather than the Officer's Sword (which apparently and coincidentally happened to be just another legendary blade) and I have to admit, I missed out on just the most important blade :banghead: Thanks, mandru, for pointing it out :) Well, I simply had to go back and grab it, of course ;)

Kremvh's Tooth

I thought I'd add this pic.. I had to reload in order to time it right so I'd capture that brief vision. It's cool in in conjunction with the nature of the blade. If you look closely, you'll notice the people kneeling around that altar are wearing modern clothes.

sacrificial ceremony
(full size available)

The Kremvh's Tooth is a machete with a removable and therefore reusable upgrade ("Sacrificial Blade") for any machete which includes any legendary machetes.. I believe it's the only upgrade with legendary (in this case, unique) stats that can be added on top of another legendary effect. And that's not even cheating, it's designed like that.

I used it on top of a legendary staggering machete which was sitting in one of my weapon crates and made a really nice and overpowered melee weapon out of it. Staggering, poisoning, wounding and the ballistic impact, all at a single blow. :gnehe:

mandru

When you said you'd pulled three legendary weapons out of Dunwich Borers I thought you'd snagged up the Kremvh Tooth.  :-[

An important warning about collecting that blade is do not take the swim to reach it while wearing power armor.  That would be a mistake that would leave your power suit sitting abandoned at the bottom of a deep deep water filled shaft.

I believe that shaft is deep enough that even power armor equipped with jet pack ability would fail to make the straight up vertical climb.

That is of course if it's possible to initiate flight starting from an underwater position which is something I have to admit I've never tried.  It's funny how comparing notes among us when playing the same game triggers seemingly obvious lines of thought that we've over looked.  8)

I believe you would only be able to rescue your power suit by using the PC console cheat noclip (TCL).

As a passing thought the PC console cheat TWS toggles the graphics for the water system.  As long as you stay out of the water it allows you to see the bottom of ponds, oceans, and river beds for that local area.  If you wander around you will leave the defined invisible water effect and the water becomes visible again.  Even if TWS is engaged should you step into the water's domain and submerge you will immediately have the typical visual effect of the murky view of being under water.

It's a nifty trick to quick scan for and pinpoint loot that might otherwise be missed.  ;)

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

thanks for the tips -- this time, however, I knew all of those :bigsmile:

Playing on the hardest difficulty (not survival, though) keeps producing legendary enemies way more often than on lower difficulty settings which is why I do it. That's how I got three random legendary weapons out of that episode. And now, that tooth, too. :)

Thanks to god mode, I don't really need any power armour so I wasn't in danger of losing one plus, I had been warned beforehand -- when reading up on the subject.

Oxhorn made a vid on YT that showed him exploring the whole underwater world of FO4. Although there's lots of details no normal player would ever see, there's no loot, either. That's about what I found out as far as I got, there has never been underwater loot except perhaps where it might be almost obvious (a small beached ship and the likes) which means, I don't bother anymore with "toggle water system" -- tws was a little annoying because it toggled the water effect for a relatively small amount of time. Whenever I saw something and wanted to take a closer look, the water turned murky again. Also, you can toggle clean air around you into what looks like murky water. Also annoying. :anigrin:

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah there is almost no loot under water. A few exceptions, in the pond south of Hangman Alley, there's the story about the guy who dropped his wife's locket overboard while in a boat and dove down to get it. You find his skeleton and the locket and few other random things. The story is displayed on the terminal in the house on the shore where all the bugs hang out and there's a bug zapper outside you can turn on. There's a set of power armor in a small lake not too far from Covenant if memory serves, along with the plane that crashed nearby. There's also a few places in the river I think, but overall, they essentially ignored a lot of the underwater areas. Though it looks like they had planned to do something with them, but never did.

Oh yeah, the lake around Sanctuary has some underwater loot now I think of it.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

PZ

Quote from: Art Blade on August 14, 2017, 07:33:34 AM
...Thanks to god mode, I don't really need any power armour so I wasn't in danger of losing

You're my kind of gamer, AB! I use God mode in the Fallout games because I want to carry the extra weight of looted items. Having to go to a settlement to drop off your loot is like being forced to do the road travel in FC2 - okay for a short time, but it sure becomes old after a while.

Art Blade

indeed :bigsmile:

Games like FO4 are exactly the ones I play with cheats. Same reasons as you -- basically, with god mode I can spend more time actually gaming as in exploring and collecting stuff than without. We all know we'd kill this or that enemy anyway but we don't have to keep restarting from savegames. Just kill them, loot them, forget them  :anigrin:

KingRat

Art, yep  the 'tooth' is the one I was referring to. Good you went back and got it; I'd already gotten the officers sword off another legendary something or other...Been spending a lot of time building on the 'island'. Cleared and leveled the barge then built a 2.5 story hotel/restaurant with all glass facing the ocean. Built a greenhouse down near the ship with 'luck bobblehead' and on the hill above hotel my power armor/armor museum also with glass walls going up 2 stories. Almost have the 30 display racks I installed full...thank god for the X1 modders :D

Art Blade

those modders are the best O0

I've just installed a mod that makes companions aim better: Companion Accuracy Boost

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11674/?

I always hear them, sometimes see them shoot like crazy but it is extremely rare that I can tell someone was actually killed by a companion. One shiny example, I posted about it, when Piper shot a guy off a roof while it was so misty I couldn't see him. Only his head that came plummeting down out of thin air  :D

Now Piper is supposed to hit a bit better. If not, I might try a different mod. :)

KingRat

Don't have any companions except Ada; retired Dogmeat to Red Rocket when I finished the Mechanist. I have bots running most of my supply lines and with the way I build them (robobrain treads) they really get around. Also, seeing them join in combat and get on rooftops to fight is quite a site. Made one I named Cpl. Bob with full sentry-bot setup.  2 missile launchers and a mini-nuke and minigun...he wasn't doing what I wanted so I sent him to the drive-in and now he patrols the front gate :D

Meanwhile, Dr. MacKenzie (sp) whants me to kill off all the gang leaders in Nuka-World   C:-)

Art Blade

sounds good. I keep thinking about Dweller Benthos's comments regarding Nuka World and what I learned about it from various sources. I definitely won't be raiding my settlements. The whole NW is set in a way that it only encourages evil moves as those are the most rewarding ones. I know that each of those factions will reward you with juicy perks should they be the last faction after some, erm, shoot-out. So playing nice doesn't seem to pay off except that you keep the peace outside NW. Hmm. I believe I can only play the good guy so sod the rewards for being bad. Anyway, it's something I plan on doing later in the game but not now.

Funny story regarding your gate keeper :thumbsup: :anigrin:

I have quite a few potential companions but I like Piper the most. Dogmeat isn't really a companion, you don't get any perks from him and uhm, you can't have err, any love interests.. LOL  :laughsm: Well, he's a good boy and I like having him around. I couldn't let him go just for any random companion which is why I installed the mod that allows him to be in both my companion's and my own way all the time. Actually, Piper and Dogmeat both try to squeeze in that tight corner I'm trying to pick up something and they're both blocking the item or both of them wedge themselves in the door I want to go through.. makes me curse and laugh at the same time, quite frequently :D It is so bad that when I get up from my PC to go to the kitchen for some espresso, I sometimes realise that I'd been checking for Dogmeat not to stumble over him. Hahaha  :laughsm:

I haven't established any supply lines yet and I don't think I need to (cheating my way out of it.. ;) )

Tags:
🡱 🡳