Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingRat

Talk about companions getting in the way, you should have seen Ada in a previous build...sentry bot body with robobrain treads, and when I tried to sneak :D  :laughsm:

Art Blade

yeah, sneaking is next to impossible with my two clowns by my side :anigrin: If they're not trampling all over the shop like a herd of elephants with oversized feet, they might just holler, attack, and draw attention as well as fire to me while I'm trying to sneak past those hostiles  :banghead: :laughsm:

Art Blade

lol had a funny typo for herd.. ;)

Currently trying to sort my sets of power armour and then back to a mission from Goodneighbor and another one the Silver Shroud..

Art Blade

mandru (and rest)

the crafting list (junk.txt) you run via console command bat junk wasn't as good (for instance, no bones..) as this here, just replace it (just open with text editor) mark all, delete, then copy-paste this here:

Spoiler
player.additem 001BF72D 5000; Acid
player.additem 001BF72E 5000; Adhesive
player.additem 0006907A 5000; Aluminum
player.additem 001BF72F 5000; Antiseptic
player.additem 000AEC5C 5000; Asbestos
player.additem 000AEC5B 5000; Ballistic Fiber
player.additem 000AEC5D 5000; Bone
player.additem 000AEC5E 5000; Ceramic
player.additem 0006907B 5000; Circuitry
player.additem 000AEC5F 5000; Cloth
player.additem 00106D99 5000; Concrete
player.additem 0006907C 5000; Copper
player.additem 000AEC60 5000; Cork
player.additem 0006907D 5000; Crystal
player.additem 001BF730 5000; Fertilizer
player.additem 00069087 5000; Fiber Optics
player.additem 000AEC61 5000; Fiberglass
player.additem 0006907E 5000; Gear
player.additem 00069085 5000; Glass
player.additem 000AEC62 5000; Gold
player.additem 000AEC63 5000; Lead
player.additem 000AEC64 5000; Leather
player.additem 00069086 5000; Nuclear Material
player.additem 001BF732 5000; Oil
player.additem 0006907F 5000; Plastic
player.additem 00106D98 5000; Rubber
player.additem 00069081 5000; Screw
player.additem 000AEC66 5000; Silver
player.additem 00069082 5000; Spring
player.additem 000731A4 5000; Steel
player.additem 000731A3 5000; Wood

http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Fallout_4_console_commands

Dweller_Benthos

After keeping a save to go back to, I did the Nuka World stuff and raided the main game settlements, just to see how it went, but went back to the save and used the mod to skip all that and continue the quest there without having to kill everyone. Not that I mind killing dirty raiders, but if you do, the place is an empty ghost town after that, and the freed slaves in the market place just hang around doing nothing. It would have been much better if NW was incorporated into the main game so you could be an evil dirty raider boss if you wanted, and complete the main quest line with them as a faction. That might actually have been interesting, taking out the Institute and the BoS and conquering the commonwealth by eliminating the last of the Minutemen.

I never really had much issue with dogmeat getting in the way, he was usually out sniffing around, or if you sneak, he crouches and usually stays close. He definitely isn't as bad as his cousin in FO3, who was always getting in the way, which is what companions would do too. But in FO4 they were not too bad. Sometimes they would go off and start shooting when I was trying to be sneaky, but then I would just shrug and say, OK, let's do this and bring out the big guns, which for the most part were still silenced, so it was never too loud.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

in the end I do the same. If they start the show, I just tag along and together we bring down whatever it is. Sneaking isn't that important in FO4, after all. I'm not mad at how companions behave, not at all, I actually find it rather amusing most of the time. :)

I noticed they tend to go where you're aiming/looking. So when I see something in a tight spot and start to walk over there, Dogmeat usually bum-rushes there just so he can be first to squeeze in between say, a bookshelf, a doorframe and some crates and block the whole area. Then I do my face-palm-and-chortle routine, tell him to *bleep* off and squeeze in there myself, pushing him to the side. When Piper is around, she usually comes second and the two of them are apparently even more curious than I am when I see something :anigrin:

I finally installed the settlement under attack mod that pops up a warning and I have to click it away.

It was crazy, I was just about to finish The Big Dig (sweet-talked Bobbi out of there and Farenheit gave me the Ashmaker, a minigun with fire damage..) and was about to get Hancock as a companion when the message and the prompt popped up, "help defend Oberland Station." Once I got that done, IMMEDIATELY thereafter I got the next popup telling me to "help defend Greentop Nursery"  ??? :banghead: Well, done that, too, and teleported back to Hancock the code of whom I had already secured before I left his last whereabouts. Now he's got a nice sniper rifle with the best possible stats and hehe, he's doing well with the better accuracy mod for companions :gnehe:

I also finally installed the scrap everything mod which helps me get rid of stuff that I really don't want but couldn't scrap otherwise. It actually proved useful at Greentop Nursery already as I was able to scrap a dead sentinel bot :anigrin:

Art Blade

I think I'll give Preston that red coat and tricorn from Hancock plus a stunning revolutionary sword (electrified) and a pair of sunglasses. I tried it, it looks cool, but I had to reload because I bloody didn't want any new timed missions from Preston just yet.

Preston's future outfit..
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

However, I did outfit good Hancock. He's the one sitting on the bench in case you're about to confuse us. :anigrin:

Hancock (and me)

Art Blade

Impersonating "The Silver Shroud," I just happened to come across Magnolia, a jazz singer in Goodneighbor. I met her and she guessed my highest S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats (level 15 perception wearing the Shroud's gear and Sunglasses -- else I have 16) which made her chat me up like this:

"Now there's something special about you, isn't there. Don't tell me, let me guess.. It's your eyes. Quick and... intense. I bet you never miss a detail, hm? Like what you see?"

After exchanging a few more pleasant lines, we went on a date that ended with me waking up in Hotel Rexford, watching her leave the room. :gnehe: And for some reason, Hancock was in the room, too. He was probably "on watch duty."  :laughsm:

mandru

Thanks for the junk.txt update Art.  O0
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

mandru

Art your talk about nuisance followers coincides with an experiment I ran earlier today.

I was intrigued by a video I watched last night where a guy was running around and collecting one of every type of robot in FO4 and storing them in deactivated mode at the Red Rocket near Sanctuary Hills.  I had 16 unclaimed perk upgrades available so I added the three levels of Robotics Expert and set out to capture the Legendary Annihilator sentry bot Mk II guarding the 3 or 4 small concrete utility buildings that are between the Murkwater settlement and the Suffolk Charter School.

I got close and made a save point.  After several attempts (and several resets) I was finally able to use the "R" key to hack it and get it to follow me but it seemed to be in a constant Incite mode charging off after every thing that moved often spotting targets long before I could.

Thoughts of moving him to the Red Rocket near Sanctuary Hills dwindled.  I'm convinced that he would attack and follow a passing caravan into Sanctuary and really give my settlers a solid thrashing.  ???

Next I tried to grab the Assaultron on the elevated section of Freeway slightly N.E. of Coastal Cottage but she turned out to be so keenly able to detect me with her bioscanner I could only get close enough to hack her while already in Alert mode.  After several attempts to take control she would instantly become hostile towards me even after deactivating, reactivating, and ordering her to follow commands.

I've seen K-L-EO the Assaultron Weapons Dealer in Goodneighbor hacked and ordered to follow but she runs a good shop and I'm hesitant to foul that up.  :undecided-new:

In a video on hacking her and engaging Incite mode she wiped out two thirds of Goodneighbor's edgy gun-toting population almost as quick as they could throw themselves against her.  :o

The only thing that saved the other third of Goodneighbor was that they had the sense to stay inside and out of harm's way.

It's been said that returning K-L-EO within the gate to Good Neighbor she can be freed/released from control to return to her shop by hacking, deactivating, and reactivating her with no further commands but then again I'm hesitant to mess about with someone I consider to be an in game friend.  :D

- mandru

Art Blade

:anigrin:

Almost the same happened when I found that Sentry sitting in the hills all by himself, deactivated. The first time I activated him, my companion and I were the only living beings he did not attack. I know that I reloaded and tried again, I believe that time without using the incite command, and all went well. See waaay up in this topic. The attacking phase might as well have been a bug.

I tried KL-E-O yesterday, not knowing about your experiments. I didn't put her in incite mode but told her to walk here and there, pointing it out to her. When I deactivated and reactivated her, she'd take position and posture as a vendor behind a counter. Only she was outside, next to the shop, without any counter :D So I reloaded and left her be, for the same reasons as you. :)

Dweller_Benthos

I Romanced Magnolia as well, and MacCready was with me, he also apparently likes to watch as he was in the room when she left. Reloaded a save and tried with Piper as my companion and she did not like that. Stayed to watch though.....
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

mandru

Regarding the tryst with Magnolia, I'm convinced that Curie (in either form) would have insisted on staying for observation purposes so she could ask awkward questions and take intensive notes for science and potential future applications.  :anigrin:
- mandru

Art Blade

you guys :anigrin:

When I was done with the Silver Shroud chain of missions and side missions (by the way, so far the best missions I've come across, I loved them) there was an option, on rescuing Kent Connolly, to flirt with Hancock. I used a quicksave to test the conversation (lol, he had had "impure" thoughts) but returned to my original path -- Sorry, Hancock, but my dear Piper is in various aspects more appealing to me.

I also met the guy who made me sign up for Vault 111 over 200 years ago.. I had him w0#k the power-generating fitness cycle..

Vault-Tec Rep

PZ

Tags:
🡱 🡳