Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LowPolyOWG

Well, it depends on the raw footage. I edited the workbench video, as I figured out watching me pressing R and "Enter" for like 10+ minutes to get my weapon to lvl 160, wouldn't be fun to watch.

Crazy weapons, fragger. I remember the "Any weapon any mod" video I shared earlier, which upped the fun :gnehe: As I pointed out earlier, FO76 have tiered legendary enemies (1-3 stars) and those mobs can drop 3-star items with features like you said.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

fragger

OWGKID, overall I like the weapons, but there are some wacky and rather silly one-off ones which I never bother with, like the Broadsider (a small old-fashioned ship's cannon that fires cannonballs), the Striker (from the Far Harbor expansion, which catapult-launches bowling balls - yes), the Cryolator (freezes bad guys), the Junk Jet (fires any old junk items you stuff into it, a bit like Half-Life 2's Gravity Gun - sort of) and the Tesla Rifle (shoots arcs of lightning that can jump from one enemy to another if they're close enough). I never use any of those, I just stick them on display or in storage when I get them. There are also harpoon guns, flame-throwers, "Gamma Guns" (which fire pulses of radiation), "Syringer Rifles" (which fire syringes which affect enemies in various ways depending upon what kind of drug you've put in the syringe), Radium Rifles (which fire irradiated rounds), Gauss Rifles (sort of like railguns) and "Railroad Rifles" (which fire railway spikes). Then there are missile launchers and the "Fat Man" (catapult-launches tiny nukes, which look like miniature versions of the real "fat man", the atomic bomb which was dropped on Nagasaki in WW2).

Energy weapons like laser and plasma ones can be modified to set bad guys on fire as well as clobber them, to further damage them. That's kind of fun, in a sick way :evil2:

But I like to stick to more conventional ballistic weapons, with a couple of good energy ones thrown in, and will sometimes lug a Missile Launcher or a Fat Man around. You can carry as many weapons as your weight-carrying capacty will allow (which you can increase by various means). There are no "inventory slots" - how much you can carry depends on your current capacity. But everything you have on you weighs something - weapons, armour, clothing, junk, food, drugs, and just about anything else you collect/loot/scavenge. Oddly, ammo weighs nothing (except mines and grenades, which weight a little), so you can carry as much ammo as you like.

There's also a ton of melee weapons if you're into brawling. You can clout enemies with tire irons, baseball bats, brass knuckles, pipe wrenches, rolling pins, pool cues, boxing gloves, security batons, sledgehammers, walking canes, boat hooks, "Power Fists" - or you can stab and slash with a variety of knives and swords. Most melee weapons can also be modified, such as adding spikes to brass knuckles for example.

Something for everyone :evil2:

Art Blade

I think nothing beats the Gauss rifle regarding hard hits. But then again, an awful lot in this game depends on your choice of perks which combinations may have a tremendous effect on certain weapons. Also, the suppressor for a stealth build adds a lot to the weapon power.

fragger

Agreed, the Gauss Rifle is a very heavy-hitter once you mod one up and get the Rifleman Perk maxed (despite its size and hitting power, it's actually classed as a rifle and not as a heavy weapon, so the "Heavy Gunner" Perk doesn't enhance it any). I too like to have a Gauss Rifle on hand.

Dweller_Benthos

With my perks and my 10mm with bleeding on it, I can do a lot of damage. I tended to use that a lot in the late stages of the game when I was still playing. I was carrying around an explosive minigun but for the most part just used the 10mm. Took down a mirelurk queen with it and thought, yep, I'm officially OP lol.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

fragger

:D

I like the "Deliverer", that one-off silenced pistol you can get from Tinker Tom that looks a bit like a SP9. In my last game, with my sneakiness and pistol Perks maxed (and my suit of Muffled Shadowed Combat Armor), I was quite the silent assassin and could take out pretty much anybody with a single sneak-attack headshot :evil2: Sometimes they couldn't even see me sneaking up even when they were facing me, until I got close enough to breathe on them :gnehe:

Art Blade

yes, that's a gun I'd always carry with me.

Art Blade

by the way, fragger's edited video inspired me.. currently uploading my first seriously edited Ride 2 vid.. stay tuned ;)

fragger

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with :)

LowPolyOWG

O0

Hmm, maybe I should join the Wasteland aswell :bigsmile: Haven't tested/played a Bugthesda game before, but I might give it a try. An open world, post-apocalyptic, modding friendly and a non-Ubified product sounds fun. Any good mods/patches I need to install from Nexusmods? Based upon Bugthesda's track record, I guess this game needs some extra fixing.

Art Blade

there are TONS, mate. But consider getting the game when it's on sale. Here, initially it costs 120€ with all DLC, and I paid some 40€ for all that when it was on sale.

LowPolyOWG

fragger

Here's another compilation of FO4 moments. I won't make a habit of putting these compilation things together, it's a tad time-consuming and eats into my gaming time :gnehe: Once in a while after this, or if I happen to catch anything funny or odd, I'll post it by itself.

It is fun to play around with OpenShot though.

Tags:
🡱 🡳