Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

OK, that could be the case.  :)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

fragger

I have to go out so I only have a moment to dash this off. I've found that there is one advantage to playing as a female character, which is that since most of the characters in the story with whom you have the most important speech checks are male, gaining and ranking up the "Black Widow" Perk (the female equivalent of the male "Lady Killer" Perk) increases your chances of passing those speech checks.

fragger

Okay, got more time to blab now :gnehe:

mandru, regarding your observations about DiMA and the USS Constitution lookout robot: I so enjoy your observations and deductions relating to in-game stories and it's one of the things I love about your contributions 8) You pick up on all sorts of things that never occur to me. Cheers mate, it's always great fun to read your breakdowns and interpretations of story elements. You are an insightful man. I have to slap your back for that +1

Now, allow me to interject a more prosaic observation regarding Power Armor types :gnehe: I've discovered that although the T-45 suits are at the "low end" of the protection spectrum, they have the compensating advantage of requiring much less in the way of materials to repair. The humble T-45, even an "F" model, often requires no more than garden-variety Steel (and maybe an occasion bit of Circuitry) to repair, whereas the X0-1s usually require more hard-to-come-by resources to repair such as Copper and Aluminum - especially once upgraded to Mk. VI. Thus, despite the X0-1 being the last word in terms of PA protectivity, the T-45 lends itself more readily to "in the field" repairs. Steel is quite readily available, being as it is inherent in so many common junk items like tools, buckets, pots & pans, etc, so often all that's required to get a T-45 back up to snuff is to find a bunch of tools and paint tins and a PA Station, of which there are a number.

I haven't done a comparo of T-51s and T-60s in relation to his subject, but I daresay that the higher the model type, the less convenient it is to repair in the field, especially once it's been upgraded to a higher Mk.

Art Blade

interesting, and kind of makes sense :) Is it possible that certain upgrades like sensing "living targets" cause the repair costs to rise, like needing circuits and stuff? As opposed to a simple tin man type of PA (unmodded)?

fragger

It doesn't really appear to, at least not as a general rule (see below). The T-45 and the X0-1 suits I compared have the same mods (Jet Pack, Calibrated Legs and VATS-Enhanced Helmet). Both models are also upgraded to their highest levels ("F" model for the T-45, Mk. VI for the X0-1). Yet the arms and legs on the T-45 only require Steel to repair, while the X0-1 limbs need Aluminum in addition to Steel (and a couple of other materials, but I can't remember what they are. It's hard to nail down because it appears that you can't damage your own PA - if you get out of a suit and shoot it, or even hit it with a grenade, no damage occurs. So the only way I can determine what's required is to let myself get attacked and hit).

I have noticed that in the case of the X0-1, upgrading the Mk-level does increase the types of materials required to repair the pieces. On an unmodified Mk. I limb piece, only Steel is required, whereas an unmodified Mk. VI of the same piece needs Steel, Aluminum and a couple of other things.

LowPolyOWG

Alright, started up the game today. I haven't explored/done a lot of things, just exited Vault 111 and found Codsworth. Poor robot, he's been waiting for two centuries.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

My character :laughsm: Looks rather low poly, but it's Bugthesda

Console command tweaks :anigrin: Too bad the FOV command breaks the pip-boy :angry-new:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

it's not a trick. It's a Bethesda.

LowPolyOWG

:anigrin:

Any limits into how crafting benches can be placed around?

Art Blade

no, just within the settlement

fragger

You can't move/create the main settlement Workshop/Workbench (the big red one) unless you have a mod to let you. There is one, but I don't go in for mods.

All other workbenches (including pre-existing ones) like Weapons, Armor, etc can be moved around when you're in Workshop mode, but you can't take them outside the "build area" (the glowing green boundary around the whole settlement area). You can't build your own workbenches until you acquire a particular Perk ("Local Leader", in the "Charisma" category) and upgrade it to Rank 2.

fragger

What graphics settings are you running, OWGKID? I'm just wondering why your textures/poly count looks so low. I took a screenie from roughly the same place and angle. Mine looks like this:

I have everything maxed, but surely your rig should be at least as capable as mine - from what I remember, you have a slightly more powerful setup.

Art Blade

I think the graphics card driver he uses is a third-party product.

From LEGO.

LowPolyOWG

:laughsm:

Edited lod scale within the Nvidia driver. Basically, I forced the game to render the basic model textures/meshes. Which are often low poly, but can boost performance. Not that I have issues, playing on a i7-7700HQ/GTX 1070 laptop.

LowPolyOWG

I decided to make the game look normal, rather than clay. After learning the necessary perks, I decided to test the AMAW mod. Works wonders :anigrin:

A TQBTSFM :gnehe:

Tags:
🡱 🡳