Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

??? cool, cool, cool +1 :thumbsup: :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

That dev room is used in all of Bethesda's games, under different names (TestQAZone in FO3) and the current name "QAsmoke" in Skyrim. Contains every item available, so useful for gearing yourself up :anigrin: People glitched into this place in FO76 somehow and brought with them every item :laughsm:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

I knew of its existence but never knew a cheat code for it existed. There were mods with doors to open in order to walk into those rooms but a simple cheat code? Never heard of that before, it's way better. That's why I gave you the +1 :)

LowPolyOWG

:bigsmile:

Thanks! I haven't bothered with the power armour hidden there, but I emptied the ammo and scrap container/picked up some weapons :)

Art Blade

I actually haven't even been there yet, ever, in any of those, but I'll keep your cheat code in mind for the next time I'm playing. :bigsmile:

LowPolyOWG

Exploring the dev room

Anyway, made it to Diamond City. After meeting Piper, I decided to hack Takahashi. Which pissed off security :laughsm: Anyway, is it possible to "break" the game by depopulating cities?

mandru

If you've depopulated a city you will lose the options of completing quite a few of the side quests.  That's not even addressing the fact that if you kill the wrong people in some of the cities you will never be able to complete the steps that are required to find your son.

It's more like breaking the Story Line.  You will have a game that continues to play on but without a lot of the benefits that come from side and key main story line quests.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

agree.. don't kill just anyone in sight and everything that moves—it's better to follow the "good vs bad" type of role playing. Meaning, you're supposed to be on the good side :) Plus, the game is set in a way that it is rewarding good and punishing bad behaviour. ;)

G, I already checked your vid out on YouTube :bigsmile: Like walking around in a dream

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: mandru on May 07, 2019, 10:50:08 AM
If you've depopulated a city you will lose the options of completing quite a few of the side quests.  That's not even addressing the fact that if you kill the wrong people in some of the cities you will never be able to complete the steps that are required to find your son.

Alright, good to know O0 I haven't killed any important character so far :)

Yeah, the engine do a "hall of mirrors" as you're outside of the map.

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

:anigrin:

I hacked the Japanese noodle selling bot, creating chaos. Anyway, I got some extra save games I can revert back to.  :) Discovered the game runs better in fullscreen, which meant smooth 60 fps :bigsmile: Time to show off the weapons :anigrin:

Art Blade

:)

just as an aside, it has never even occurred to me to prefer a windowed mode for games. I have always run them full screen unless there was a temporary reason, perhaps for testing, and I only remember having used that windowed mode once. If I need to see anything outside the game, I alt-tab out and back in.

LowPolyOWG

I alt-tab a lot as I multitask on my laptop. More convenient than needing to watch a flickering screen for a few seconds :)

Art Blade

fragger

Quote from: OWGKID on May 07, 2019, 10:40:37 AM
Anyway, is it possible to "break" the game by depopulating cities?

OWGKID, the game's not really designed for killing everything in sight - you'd be better off playing Doom for that :gnehe: You could I guess, but that kind of defeats the purpose of having a story. In any event, some characters can't be killed unless you hack the game. I don't know why you'd want to do that. I'm also pretty sure you'll break the game if you kill certain characters who aren't supposed to die, or who haven't yet contributed their part to the story - like Nick Valentine, the Diamond City detective. Completing a key mission with him triggers a critically important development in the game, which is the arrival in force within the Commonwealth of the "Brotherhood of Steel", a major faction. If you kill Nick before you do that mission with him, the BoS will never appear, and you need them (in part) to ultimately get access to yet another major faction in the game, The Institute. The faction relationships become quite complex and derailing things by doing stuff that you're not supposed to will almost certainly break the game, or at the very least, prevent large additional chunks of game from ever loading. You'd also miss out on an awful lot of missions and quests.

Cheat and hack everything in sight if that's what makes you happy, but bear in mind that the game isn't very tolerant of being messed with too much. Remember, the FO franchise has very strong RPG roots. #4 isn't really an RPG as such, but it retains the trappings of one. It's a lot more story-oriented than most shooters and is set up to be played the way it was intended. I'd go so far as to venture that the game is primarily aimed at players who like to commit to long-term goals and build stuff up over time (which is right up my particular alley). It's not the kind of "jump in and blast stuff willy-nilly" kind of game. You can approach it that way if you want, but you won't get much out of it since that's not really what it was designed for.

Cheers for the info on the dev room :thumbsup: I already knew about it though and have been there. In fact I may have to go there to get a magazine that appears to have fallen right out of the game. It's US Covert Operations Manual #8, "Getting the Drop on Communists", which is supposed to be on a table in the cafeteria at the National Guard Training Yard but isn't. I turned off clipping and went exploring under the ground, inside the floors, inside the walls, through the debris on the floor, into other rooms, upstairs, downstairs, in M'Lady's chamber - looked everywhere - but no sign of the magazine. I can either get it from the dev room, or I can do a "player.placeatme" command in the console to bring it to me, but either way I'll get the mag but not the perk that comes with it (same if I do "additem" to put it straight into inventory - I get  the magazine but no perk). For the perk, there is another cheat I can use.

I struck a bug with it though - if I do a "placeatme" command, the magazine that appears on the floor near me shows up as the right one, but when I pick it up, the close-up "read" view shows a different cover (#07, "Bushes, Boxes, and Beehives Camouflage Special", which is found on the Libertalia). If I drop it back on the floor, it turns into the correct one again. This is a known bug. From the Wiki:

"The world graphic of issue #7 matches the inventory graphic of #8 and vice versa" ::)

I did a save before I tried all the above things just to make sure they would w0#k, but held off on committing myself to it. I'll check in periodically at the NGTY to see if the magazine reappears (I doubt it). If it never does, I'll have to cheat it up. I want that extra bit of sneakiness :gnehe:

Tags:
🡱 🡳