Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

there's one mod that puts all bobbleheads and all magazines, including DLC, in two boxes at the entrance of vault 111. I tried it for one of my careers and it worked, saved me a lot of searching :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: fragger on May 08, 2019, 06:50:50 PM
OWGKID, the game's not really designed for killing everything in sight - you'd be better off playing Doom for that :gnehe: You could I guess, but that kind of defeats the purpose of having a story. In any event, some characters can't be killed unless you hack the game. I don't know why you'd want to do that. I'm also pretty sure you'll break the game if you kill certain characters who aren't supposed to die, or who haven't yet contributed their part to the story - like Nick Valentine, the Diamond City detective. Completing a key mission with him triggers a critically important development in the game, which is the arrival in force within the Commonwealth of the "Brotherhood of Steel", a major faction. If you kill Nick before you do that mission with him, the BoS will never appear, and you need them (in part) to ultimately get access to yet another major faction in the game, The Institute. The faction relationships become quite complex and derailing things by doing stuff that you're not supposed to will almost certainly break the game, or at the very least, prevent large additional chunks of game from ever loading. You'd also miss out on an awful lot of missions and quests.

O0
If I want to go on a rampage, I could fire up GTA V/Far Cry instead :evil2: :anigrin:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

fragger

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Meeting Piper :anigrin:

Art Blade

that was one of the best moments in my first playthrough and early game, finally getting to Diamond City. :)

Nice inconspicuous gun that surely won't be detected when getting frisked.  :gnehe:

"Do you have any concealed weapons on you?"
Casually puts down gun, "no. Go ahead, frisk me."

Dweller_Benthos

"If I tried to conceal THIS, I'd be walkin' funny for a month!"
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

LowPolyOWG

fragger

:D lol, yeah, let's see you "conceal carry" that number :gnehe:

Piper is a good companion to get early in the game. If you max out her affinity, you earn the "Gift of the Gab" Perk, which gives you double XPs when discovering new locations and passing "speech checks". She's not bad in a fight either.

Heh, I remember hearing a couple of characters mention Diamond City in my first playthrough and I imagined it would be some sparkling metropolis somewhere. "The Great Green Jewel of the Commonwealth" they called it (hey, I was new to the Fallout franchise...) It didn't occur to me it would turn out to be a ramshackle market-town inside an old baseball stadium (hence "diamond").

fragger

Just a quickie of me having some fun clouting some uppity Nuka-World bad guys. As their Overboss I can get away with doing this for the time being. After "Open Season" begins though, they won't be having any of it.

Art Blade

:thumbsup: :anigrin: that attitude deserves a proper punch

Dweller_Benthos

Oh man, they always had such bad attitudes, but I never thought of just hauling off and punching them. Pretty sure I killed them all in the end, maybe not? I forget what I did there.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

same here, it simply didn't occur to me to actually punch them despite thinking about it. I simply didn't want to start a genocide right there and then, every time anyone said anything "funny." :anigrin:

fragger

If you inflict too much harm on one, he or she will retaliate. You can hit (or shoot) them once, but that's about it. You can even smack them one with a Power Armor fist, but as long as you hit them just once, you can get away with it.

I was thinking about keeping a dedicated saved game at that point purely for stress relief purposes :evil2:

Tags:
🡱 🡳