Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

fragger

My "Legend of Vault 88" jump suit seems to have disappeared... I put it on an Armor Rack (mannekin) in Sanctuary while I changed into something else for a mission (I donned the Marine Wetsuit and left two items on display on the rack - the "Legend" suit and the Marine Wetsuit Helmet). Then I fast-travelled away to do the mish. When I got back to Sanctuary I got that bug that seems to assume that you're constantly interacting with an Armor Rack (the "interact" prompt stays on the screen no matter where you look). I couldn't even interact with the Workbench - when I tried it kept bringing up the Armor Rack contents instead, even though that rack is quite some distance away from the Workbench (and I could still see my "Legend" suit in the rack's trading window - at that point).

So I saved and restarted, which fixed the prompt bug, but now the "Legend" suit has vanished from the Armor Rack and I can't get it back (the Marine Wetsuit Helmet is still there though). I tried using the suit ID from the Wiki to do a "player.additem" but the console won't recognize the ID. The suit can't even be found in the dev room.

I'm close to getting the "Ballistic Weave" mod from Tinker Tom anyway so soon I won't need the "Legend" suit any more, but it's still annoying. I have no idea where the suit went - funny how the helmet stayed. If I'd known that was going to happen, I would have gotten it back off the rack when I had the chance, then saved and reloaded.

Art Blade

I was just going to say, reload a save.. I never save anything if a bug is active. I much rather load a save and do the stuff again from there. All of which leads to: save early, save often.. better "save" than sorry ;)

I had that bug (interact with something specific, which might indeed have been a mannequin, from just anywhere in Sanctuary) happen to me a few times and I thought it might have been related to me overdoing it with both building a lot and stashing collected items by the thousands there. :anigrin: I think just leaving the cell and slowly (as in, walking) returning to Sanctuary so the game can fully load all the stuff there usually sorts it out. Which is why I usually prefer to approach Sanctuary slowly because of the tons and tons of stashed items there so they get loaded properly by the game. I can tell it's bad there because running towards Sanctuary causes the game to stutter, even freeze for a brief moment, then stutter again before continuing normally. It usually starts either right behind Red Rocket or somewhere in the water when swimming to Sanctuary. Approaching by vertibird is apparently slow enough but it still stutters a bit.

fragger

Normally I do save a lot, just neglected to this time and the last save was from several game days previously and I'd done heaps in between, so I chose to live with the loss rather than do all that again. I also acquired a good Legendary weapon along the way (a "Never Ending" 10mm Pistol) which I wanted to keep.

I've lucked out with "Never Ending" Legendaries this time around. I've now got a NE 10mm Pistol, a NE Combat Rifle, a NE Combat Shotgun and a NE Laser Rifle (which isn't a Legendary but the "UP77 Limitless Potential" prototype Laser Pistol from the hidden lab at University Point Credit Union, modified to be a rifle).

Art Blade

you'll see how quickly they end if you pack just 1 bullet for each of them into your inventory. :gnehe:

fragger

:anigrin:

Quick update on that ArcJet synth/murder thing - it only happens with the synths in the final control room. You can slaughter them to your heart's content throughout the rest of the facility, but killing any of the ones in the final room will count as murders. So when you get to that point you can either hang back and let Danse take them out, or you can join in, then later use this console command to remove the unwanted murders from your stats:

ModPCMiscStat Murders -n  (where "n" is how many murders you want to delete).

I also learned that playing on Survival mode makes the console inaccessible. Not having the console may make it impossible to cheat, but it also makes it impossible to fix glitches like the one above. So nah.

Art Blade

that kind of accurately reflects my reasons for "nah" :gnehe:

And just as an aside, that "so nah" is something that reminds me of an instrument that measures distance under water, like ship to seabed or submarine to enemy vessel.. "mate, that so nah been soddin' quiet all day, where are they?" :gnehe:

About the murder stats: I am pretty sure that I checked them before the institute mission and I don't know about checking them afterwards. Anyway, thanks for that information about the last room. O0

mandru

There have been situations where I've been in a building (possibly other areas) that block fast travel and become hopelessly wedged in a tight spot that I was only able to escape by toggling clipping.

I'll leave the console blocking Survival Mode to anyone who wants it thanks.  ::)
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah the game is too buggy to not have console commands. Even if it's not a bug, you can always get stuck on some terrain somewhere and the only way out is to noclip. It has nothing to do with survival mode and that shouldn't make the console unavailable. Dumb idea if you ask me.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

LowPolyOWG

Oh, Bugthesda ::)

Haven't gotten any further in the Wasteland as I have been too busy playing other games.
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

fragger

There's also occasionally a bug of some sort which won't let you finish a quest. I had one when first meeting the Brotherhood of Steel at Cambridge Police Station. I helped them take out all the Ghouls but the mish wouldn't end. Every time I tried to talk to Danse he would say something that suggested there were still Ghouls about, but I couldn't find any despite searching high and low and even turning off clipping to look through a bunch of buildings for entombed ghoulies. I tried reloading from a previous save, I tried going away and coming back, but nothing worked. I had no choice but to console that mission to a close (even though I've only had this particular mission glitch once in six playthroughs, it's a known bug and the Wiki mentions it).

Art Blade

I've always loved games with consoles enabled. :thumbsup:

mandru

fragger I know there's a console code that I don't recall exactly but it uses something like setstage.xxxx yy  where X's are the mission ID and the Y's are the point of the mission you want to restart or jump to.  The FO4 Wiki I was using would (when searching a specific mission name) give the break down of the different advancement points ID#s as you progress through the various missions.

I once got snagged up on a point in a mission.  By using this method it allowed me to restart the previous mission stage and in turn I was able to complete that and the next stage without a hitch.  You can also hop straight to the end of a mission for completion but what fun would that be?  :anigrin:
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

hehe, right after starting the game, "set stage blah xxx" to jump right to the end of the game, like, "I want to freely roam this map, to hell with those quests."  :gnehe:

PZ

That would be me - I enjoyed exploring the maps and modding the game much more than doing the quests.  :gnehe:

Tags:
🡱 🡳