Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

:bigsmile: @ Art

Once you've assigned a settlement for the first rescued settler on one of the Mechanist's radiant quests trying to talk to the other two will default to the "I'd like to trade some gear with you" dialog.  You hire one and you get all three.

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

I pacified a Bloatfly today :gnehe: That was kind of fun, having this big buzzy fly accompanying me around (being an Aussie I'm used to that, especially in summer, lol). Being airborne, they can follow you over obstacles that stop other critters. Of course it doesn't take much for enemies to bring them down... They will attack other Bloats.

Some of the comments your character makes are amusing when pacifying an animal. If you get a Bloatfly, your character says, "Hey, buzz-buzz!" Get a Feral Ghoul and he/she says, "Calm down, you freak!" :gnehe:

Pacifying only seems to w0#k on vanilla versions of the heavier-duty creatures. I can pacify plain Deathclaws (sometimes), but with Alphas and Mythics and other tougher versions, the "pacify" prompt doesn't even appear. I don't think this rule applies to all creatures though as I have managed to pacify Glowing Mirelurks. It's a matter of experimentation, I guess. I just have to make sure I have a big stick out when I try :gnehe:

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

I have heard that "Calm down ya freak" line on ghouls, and the female voice actor even says the last part a bit under her breath as if she doesn't want the ghoul to hear it, the "Calm down" part is said quite loud, and the "ya freak" is more soft, pretty funny and shows the thought they put into the voice acting in the game.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

fragger

:)

Voice acting in the game is generally of a pretty high standard. I haven't heard any really bad acting from anyone, although I think Preston could have been better "cast". Whoever did his voice is not bad, but I feel that they could have done better.

So far I've managed to pacify a Wild Mongrel, a Bloatfly, a Deathclaw, a Feral Ghoul, a Mirelurk, a Radscorpion, and a Rad Rat (and more than one of some of those animals). You can pacify some variants, like Mirelurk Razorclaws or Withered Ghouls. But apparently if they're above your level, you can't. The "pacify" prompt won't even appear in such cases. It's just a matter of try, but be prepared to shoot (preferably with a heavy-duty weapon of some sort) because you have to let the animals get fairly close to make the prompt appear. Not in-your-face close, but I guess the equivalent of about 15 meters/50 feet - for a very rough, top-of-the-head estimation.

Not much time to react if a Mythic Deathclaw is charging, in which case I prefer to shoot first and dispense with the questions altogether :gnehe:

Art Blade

fragger

Here's something interesting I found out about (haven't tried it personally).

After you complete all side quests to "man up" Travis the Diamond City Radio guy, he loses his "essential" status, meaning he can thenceforth be killed (prior to that, he can't). And if you do kill him, the bald kid who sells Purified Water in DC takes over Travis' radio job, becoming the new DJ.

Saw a video of it on You Tube, called "5 things you didn't know about Diamond City", or something like that. You can hear the kid on the radio instead of Travis.

The easter-eggy things in this game just go on and on 8)

Art Blade

interesting. We probably are too nice to find out that kind of thing involving unnecessary killing of non-essential but otherwise harmless people :anigrin:

fragger

I'd rather listen to Travis instead of that snotty kid anyway.

I enjoy Travis' pre-Mr. Cool phase when he's still awkward and tongue-tied, it's pretty funny. For that reason, this time around I delayed coaxing him out of his shell for quite a while.

Art Blade

agree, I found him funny, too, when he was still awkward. :anigrin:

mandru

fragger gets special thanks for putting together a tutorial that even a tech idiot like me was able to get right on the first attempt.  :thumbsup: +1

Trying to clean up Sanctuary Hills' workshop from all of the collected Legendary gear and other voluminous clutter I set up some bulk storage.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I'm not sure if this will keep the settlers from pilfering the items I've hoarded.  Maybe I need to but a switch controlled entry door to keep them out but that is an easy fix if needs be.

- mandru

Art Blade

best if you make a switch that only opens the door when it's powered.. close the door, switch off the power generator, and you're good. :)

mandru

Thanks Art.  I used your suggestion about adding a powered door mated to its own independent generator.

But the effort involved around attaching a cement electric door to the front of a building framed with the much taller Warehouse type glass walls was more challenge than hand lettering all of those storage chests.

It works even if it's pretty ugly.  :D
- mandru

Art Blade

Tags:
🡱 🡳