Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mandru

I'm in late but that was an amazing museum build fragger.  :thumbsup: +1

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah it was Fallout 76 Wastelanders that I saw, and since it was a "Coming Soon" thing on the steam announcements, I presumed it was going to be for PC and on Steam. I also heard on a live stream that there was the possibility of private servers. That might be enough to make it plausible for me, if a private server can be made locally, just make one and play the game single player, or with you guys. I will still keep an eye on it, and see how things turn out.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

if actual "private" is an option, like with just you lot, then I might consider it. I'm still not sure, though.

fragger

Thanks for the kudo, mandru :)

I struck a weird glitch last night which I hadn't encountered before. All of a sudden, I could no longer interact with any door I'd built in any of my settlements. The "open door" prompt wouldn't appear when I faced a door and I could just walk right through them all like they weren't there. I couldn't scrap them either - in the console I could ID them, but I couldn't scrap them in Workshop mode since I couldn't get a prompt. Back in the console I tried the "disable" command, followed by the "enable" command. That worked once on one door, but only for one open and close, then stopped. It had no effect at any other doors, which stayed stubbornly insubstantial.

Quitting to the main menu then relaunching didn't fix the problem either. I had to quit the game entirely and reload it, which did fix it.

A quick squiz on Google revealed that it is a known glitch, albeit a rare one. It's the first time I've seen it in all my time playing :huh-new:

Art Blade

That's really strange and I never ran into that one ???

< with formal voice > "you're hereby awarded the Wasteland Medal of Hinges, with golden locks and handles, for your life's w0#k."

:bigsmile:

mandru

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

fragger

:anigrin: :anigrin:

I shall wear it with pride on Wastelander Veterans Day 8)

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

Watched a live stream of FO76 last night. There are now NPCs to talk to and get missions from though I think it's limited and there isn't a huge story like in FO4 or 3. Private servers are a thing but are pretty useless. The cost is something like $12 a month or $100 a year, and get this, they are only active when the owner is online and playing the game, so any other players have to wait for them to get on and start the server session, so that's pointless. Though, while I was watching the live stream they only encountered one other player who was either AFK or glitched out as they didn't move or respond. I think the player protection is still in place where if you don't respond to an attack by another player, they can do hardly any damage to you. Still could be annoying though.

There also doesn't seem to be the extensive building system that exists in FO4, just what you create at your "Camp" so I don't think there's any settlement building to do.

Still on the fence on it, though I still lean towards the "no" side for now.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

I leaned there once, too. Then I toppled off the No side and plummeted all the way down. Haven't recovered since.

nex

WOW fragger, you've been busy mate!!
Agree with Art, you most definitely deserve a
slap on the back for this one, +1
Respect is earned, not given.

fragger

Thanks muchly, nex :)

LowPolyOWG

Quote from: Dweller_Benthos on April 16, 2020, 08:28:09 AM
Watched a live stream of FO76 last night. There are now NPCs to talk to and get missions from though I think it's limited and there isn't a huge story like in FO4 or 3. Private servers are a thing but are pretty useless. The cost is something like $12 a month or $100 a year, and get this, they are only active when the owner is online and playing the game, so any other players have to wait for them to get on and start the server session, so that's pointless.

There also doesn't seem to be the extensive building system that exists in FO4, just what you create at your "Camp" so I don't think there's any settlement building to do.

Still on the fence on it, though I still lean towards the "no" side for now.

Well, the game was review bombed into the negative side on Steam, but current stats are "Mostly Positive"...

Speaking of FO4, I haven't done anything with that game, other than making the silly weapons I posted earlier :)

fragger, amazing stats :gnehe:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

fragger

Thanks LowPoly :)
Actually, your "silly weapons" are nothing compared to some of the silly weapons the game itself sometimes comes up with - like a "Freezing Flamethrower"  :main_knockout:

I'm still trying to get my head around that one :gnehe:

Art Blade

well..

Quote from: Art Blade on January 18, 2018, 12:59:18 PM
You see flaming tracers when shooting and then the target freezes over while burning -- it's probably the craziest weapon I've ever created in FO4 :laughsm:

incendiary Cryolator
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Tags:
🡱 🡳