Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

yep, and it's a pity we can't use most of the pre-war clean and pristine stuff. A lot would be stuff like clean glasses that you can't place properly anywhere and on top, it might just vanish. Clean clothes, however, are among the few things that actually "w0#k" :)

fragger

There is a mod at Nexus called "OCDecorator" which converts regular junk/loot items into proper permanent decorations, so you can place them and they stay placed without falling through the furniture, disappearing, or getting knocked over by the dog. I haven't tried it and I don't know if it still works as it hasn't been updated since 2018, and I think there have been a couple of FO4 updates since then.

There are a couple of table types that seem to w0#k pretty well for putting junk item decorations on, but even then on occasion I'll find an object on the floor. It's a lottery. I've had games where some junk items that I've placed as decorations early in the game have stayed put throughout, and other times where they have repeatedly fallen off wherever I've put them until I've gotten sick of picking them up and scrapped them. And that's even if I've used exactly the same junk item/table combo, but in different playthroughs.

There's probably a lot of contributing factors, like in which order the game loads items into memory when you arrive at (or fast travel to) a settlement, where the item/furniture is placed relative to the underlying landscape mesh, etc.

Art Blade

yeah, in other words, it doesn't w0#k. :anigrin:

fragger

In a nutshell, yeah :gnehe:

fragger

This game never stops throwing up surprises.

I recently completed the mission for Jack Cabot at Parsons Insane Asylum to keep his dad Lorenzo from being let loose by Raiders. That was a couple of game/real days ago. So just a minute ago I was at Tenpines Bluff to check on my settlement, and as usual I wandered over to the edge of the bluff where it overlooks a ruined house, where there is nearly always something going on. Who should I see but Jack Cabot and his right-hand man, Edward Deegan, wandering along past the house (apparently Edward speedily recovered from his gunshot wound back at the asylum).

When I approached Cabot, he stopped and said, "Well, fancy meeting you out here". I replied with "What are you doing out here?" and he blabbed for a moment about finally getting out and about to see some of the world. Then he asked if I had any Fiber Optics on me, and if so he'd buy them off me. I didn't, so he couldn't. Talking to Deegan didn't yield anything other than a "How ya doin'", or something like that. So I left them and they went on their way.

Almost four years of playing this game and I've never had that encounter before.

Art Blade

very nice :) I don't recall that kind of encounter because I only allowed him to live once, reloaded, and killed him again. Like, in both careers he didn't see the world outside. :anigrin:

T.V.

Quote from: fragger on May 30, 2020, 01:22:32 AM
Almost four years of playing this game and I've never had that encounter before.
I've never had that encounter either (yet...).  :bigsmile:

Quote from: Art Blade on May 30, 2020, 02:53:39 AM
very nice :) I don't recall that kind of encounter because I only allowed him to live once, reloaded, and killed him again. Like, in both careers he didn't see the world outside. :anigrin:
I think You are mistaking Jack for Lorenzo, Jacks father.
Jack lives in the Cabot House in Boston, is "essential" and cannot be killed, while Lorenzo is the one caged up in the asylum, that You have to choose to free or not in the mission, and can also be killed after on, if You first choose to free him.   :gnehe:

Art Blade

yeah, thanks, there was something.. I seem to remember that letting the dad go would have been really bad for humanity or some such and so I didn't. Except for once, for testing, which is how I learned it was a bad idea. I think now it makes sense. :)

mandru

I always release Lorenzo he gives better rewards than Jack would.

I figure the future world has become so fouled up long after Lorenzo's initial confinement that any special powers he has garnered in his transformation are cancelled out by a multitude of things like Death Claws and Super Mutants.

Besides if he gets too out of hand I'm sure Pitman will mop up.  :anigrin:

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

fragger

Doesn't Lorenzo try to kill you if you let him out? The only time I tried that he went for me, and he was an extremely tough hombre. Maybe I missed something. Or should have run away :gnehe:

Art Blade

there was something with that elixir. What was it, if you let him live, you get it from the son and if you kill dad, the family dies of old age, even quite rapidly if I remember correctly.. I don't remember those details, really, wasn't part of my main interest.

Dweller_Benthos

I recall you got extra of the elixir? A super buff and health boost for a few minutes? I forget as well, suppose it could be looked up but the search button is way up there on the top of the browser window.....
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

same for me, couldn't quite reach that search button..

mandru

If you spare Lorenzo and go back to the family mansion there will be a confrontation where Lorenzo (from the balcony overlooking the living room) takes out the rest of the family and Deagon.  By helping Lorenzo in that conflict he will incrementally supply you with the buff elixir as you use it up.  If you've stored the elixir in a settlement workshop and try to come back later for more he knows you've not used it and will refuse to provide additional.

When the elixir is used it might be a couple days or something like a week before he'll resupply you.  I've never used the initial elixir he gives me to test it.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If I recall correctly for helping Lorenzo there's also an unusual weapon that you can can pick off the desk (in the lab upstairs) as well but by the time I get to it in my usual play through it's the equivalent of a pop-gun compared to the other weapons in my typical line up.  ::)

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Tags:
🡱 🡳