Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

what a game. :)

I don't understand those who liked the previous FO games but dislike this one. I think it's better than the predecessors. So much you can do and so much the devs did. :bigsmile:

Dweller_Benthos

Quote from: Art Blade on July 19, 2020, 12:48:37 AM
:laughsm:

I never needed supply routes as I kept returning to my base and because those supply lines were prone to ambushes and other attacks, resulting in dead suppliers. I didn't need that, either.

Oh man, I remember those stories of supply routes with guys gone missing and on investigation they all turned out to be dead in their tracks, then the new guys were armed to their teeth (preferably robots, too) to stand a chance..

That's why I used robobrain robots equipped with high powered weaponry. Never lost one. OK, I think maybe I lost one robobrain supplier once, when they got caught between the gunners at the plaza and the super mutants along the railroad tracks. The only human supplier I had was between Sanctuary and Abernathy because I couldn't make robots at the time and really, what are they going to encounter between those two on the five minute trip? Some bloat flies maybe?

Yeah I also don't get the hate for FO4 much as I don't get the hate now for FO76, they are both great games, they add something different and new that their predecessors didn't have. OK, maybe those looking for a deep story line to follow won't find that in FO76, and those looking for a pure role play will be turned off by the strict story and voiced character in FO4. On the flip side, I also don't get the adoration for New Vegas, I never bothered to finish that, it just didn't grab me. Also didn't help that I had already watched two different play throughs of it on youtube.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

fragger

I guess FO4 wasn't RPG-ey enough for the long-term fans. I never played any of the earlier titles, so I'm not in any position to compare. All I know is I've been into this one for well over two years now and I have lost no enthusiasm for it, and I STILL discover new things. Just last night I found a small abandoned campsite on the map with a goody crate in it that I have never come across before, simply by going off the beaten track and poking around. I've probably passed close by that spot a thousand times and never knew it was there. A few days ago I discovered that I could assign the robot Jezebel to settlement guard duty, so she now stays at her guard post instead of aimlessly clomping all over the settlement where I'd sent her after her mission (you can "kill" her, but it counts as a murder in your stats, which I'm trying to avoid). So I built a Robot workbench in the settlement and remade Jez into a fully-armored, bum-kicking Assaultron with a heavy-duty laser on each arm. And it worked - the settlement (Spectacle Island) got attacked by three Gunners and she badassed them good and proper. She's still a snarky bubblehead, but she's finally useful :gnehe:

There are still plenty of Perks I've never tried and weapon combos I've never used, and I'm still discovering new Settlement building tricks. I find it to be a very rich game indeed.

mandru

fragger I agree in full.  I rarely follow roads or rail lines to go from point A to point B if I don't have to.

"The woods are lovely, dark and deep".  ;)

In my game Jezebel has been guarding Starlight Drive Inn for a little over a year now.  I'd run into her from time to time as she kept hopping from one settlement to another.  So I gave her a job to successfully pin her down.

I simply thought it wasn't worth mentioning.  :-[

- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Art Blade

mostly everything is worth mentioning. :anigrin:

Nice reads, guys O0

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah I think I did the same with Jezebel, gave her a decent body and put her on guard duty at the bridge in Sanctuary. I mean, the character may be a bit abrasive, but I'm not one to waste a resource like that so I used her where she fit. I don't recall interacting with her much after that.
D_B

Art Blade

all I remember about my version of Jezebel are those Mickey Mouse hands. I think I got them from Nuka World.

Dweller_Benthos

oh yeah from the Nuka Cola bottle robot who wanders around there. Those are funny.
D_B

fragger

Yes! I learned a simple way around that puzzle in Far Harbor where you have to go through a computer simulation to unlock DiMa's memories. I got fed up with that damn puzzle after using God mode to get through it, only for it to hang right before the last memory :banghead: This is a known random bug which can happen before any of the five memory retrieval stages load, leaving you looking at a black screen with the little Vault-Tec icon the bottom right corner, with nothing further happening. I've struck it a couple of times before, and in classic Bethesda fashion, it remains unfixed.

So I poked around online and found the following console exploit.

You'll still need to access the terminal in the Command Centre within the Nucleus to begin the computer simulation. Once you're inside the simulation, bring up the console and type:

setstage dlc03mq04 150

and hit ENTER. Close the console and a message should appear saying something like "Memory 01 retrieved".

Immediately reopen the console and type the above command again, only this time make the final number 250.

Close the console again, and the message "Memory 02 retrieved" should appear.

Keep repeating the above steps, each time changing the final number by +100, until you have recovered all five memories. These are the commands you should have entered:

setstage dlc03mq04 150
setstage dlc03mq04 250
setstage dlc03mq04 350
setstage dlc03mq04 450
setstage dlc03mq04 550

It's important to close the console after entering each command. I think. Do it anyway just to be on the safe side :gnehe:

After entering the last command, exit the simulation by pressing Esc.

Once you're out of the simulation, DiMa's memory holotapes will all be in your Pip-Boy under "Misc". Play them one after another to make the associated locations appear on the map.

That's it, you're done. No stuffing around with blocks and turrets and firewalls 8)

Art Blade

that is a bloody. short. cut. :anigrin: Nice one :) As far as I remember, I think I am the only one of us here who actually enjoyed playing those simulations :gnehe:

Quote from: fragger on July 25, 2020, 12:54:00 AMIt's important [...] I think. Do it anyway [...]

That cracked me up, I love it :thumbsup: :D

fragger

Oh blimey, I forgot to logout again...

The prob I had with that simulation puzzle was that due to my quirky keymapping preferences, and because getting around in the simulation requires the same control layout as settlement Workshop mode, I wasn't able to negotiate the simulation world the way I was supposed to - it was unwieldy for me. I effectively had to play finger-Twister with my keyboard and mouse to get to the places I was supposed to get to, and more often than not I'd mess up a jump or overshoot same and fall to my cyber-death :gnehe: Otherwise, I quite enjoy those sorts of things, such as in the Portal games, but in those I have proper control of my movements.

Also, after playing through a few times, subsequent playthroughs of the DiMa simulation becomes mere busywork since the solutions to the puzzles are the same every time. The console exploit is a handy way to skip the whole tedious routine and get on with the fun stuff 8)

Art Blade

Dweller_Benthos

The one thing that got me in that one was I didn't realize you could store the blocks in the build inventory to use later. So for the first three puzzles, I carried each block individually from where you pick them up to where they had to be used. Made it a bit more tedious than it needed to be lol.
D_B

Art Blade

oh dear, indeed so :D

mandru

I've never had problems with the memory banks portion of the game.

My console hack for the puzzle to retrieve DiMa's memories is to simply use god mode (tgm) which gives you infinite blocks and defense weapons of any variety you chose.  :evil2:
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Tags:
🡱 🡳