Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingRat

Found another Drunken Gnome and got the Quantum & Nuka Cola power armors. The gnomes tag was "I only drink on days that end in Y"...found it sitting in a rocket in Nuka Galaxy when I was walking the track looking for star cores. I tamed the annihilator sentry bot in the junkyard and it followed me to Jamaica Plains where one of the settlers thought he'd use it for target practice  :laughsm: Fortunately I got to it and disabled it before it could do much damage (a few mutfruit)...

Art, your settlements look great..props to u :)

PZ

Nice w0#k, guys  O0

Excellent pics as always, AB  :thumbsup:

Art Blade

Thank you, PZ :)

KingRat: That gnome mod seems to be a lot of fun for the time after you're done collecting and playing the first time through :) And I've had my share of robot vs settlers  :anigrin:

Regarding settlements: thank you :)

It's a result of me spending quite some time arranging those settlements because I like to return to them. At the time, I only focus on very few because it takes a lot of time. They're supposed to w0#k both for me and for those AI settlers which means the settlements are arranged in a way that they're both functional and nice to look at. So far, I've only used stuff which the game offers, no mods that add new stuff. It's quite OK what you can do with what's already there. :) Then again, I don't spend that much time on them so I don't think I could compete with people who seem to do nothing else. It's a matter of what I feel like doing. Most of the time I just run around in the wastelands but then there are times I have to organise stuff that I'd been collecting all the time. And that's when it's time to build some more and improve stuff that I had already built. It's a process of change, too. My settlements rarely stay the way I started them and I keep making changes and adjustments. :)

Here's a few images of Sanctuary.

Top floor with all the shops and w0#k benches
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

different angle

defence

Inside of "Art's Garage" where I showcase some outfits

KingRat

I really like the glass look. I do something similar, and with the mannequin's too I think I have about 20 setup in the building housing the power armor. Been thinking about adding a 3rd floor if I find the rest of the PA's hidden around Nuka World... :)

Art Blade

cheers :)

Yep.. the gear we keep finding is causing me a lot of trouble making them accessible in a way that I find what I need. Power armours are quite bulky and take up a lot of space so I just lined up about 10 with the most spectacular paint jobs and version differences. I found two in NW, one where you slap in all those star cores and one in the world of refreshment that's sitting in a locked room next to the river. By the way, that one is easy to get, just follow the river until you see it to your right side, then enter the next opening in the wall to the right, up the stairs and into that room with all the electronic equipment, diagonally across from where you enter it you'll see a terminal. Hack it to open the door to the PA. :)

I think I'll try something with regular armour sets. I was thinking about one mannequin per dedicated part, like one only for the head armour, one for the left arms and so on. So far, I stashed that stuff in suitcases and file cabinets but you can't see what it looks like when equipped. I do have a couple of mannequins with full sets and spare parts, like one mannequin with all combat armour parts but it takes forever with the mouse wheel to scroll down the endless list.. so separating specific armour for certain body parts should make it easier. Albeit, if you were to use one mannequin for one body part AND limit that mannequin to one specific type, e.g. leather armour, you'd end up with six mannequins per part, and I think there are perhaps 7 or more types of armour.. so 6x7=42 mannequins? OMG.. no..  :laughsm:

Art Blade

YESSSS! 100%

Dweller_Benthos

Nice on getting the 100%, I did it at Longfellows cabin and it went quite fast once I added a couple tame dogs and cats.

Having the cages to trap things and then set them on each other in the arena is a lot of fun. Just remember that even with the beta wave, two different animals will still attack each other even if they don't attack you. So you can't have a menagerie of creatures wandering around your base, just all the same type. But once you have 3 or 4 tame deathclaws roaming around, do you really need any others?

I didn't try the settler arena stuff too much, where you pit two people against each other, only enough to get whatever achievement that covers. It's still fun to get a couple gunners or raiders trapped and set them loose with a deathclaw and yao gui and see who wins. A lot of the time, it's the yao gui. Radstags don't last too long and neither do the humans, as they usually shoot at each other first instead of teaming up against the creatures.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

Thank you :)

Shooting each other first? :D That's a case of artificial idiots again :anigrin:

Nice, thanks for the tip regarding "only one species" and I haven't yet built an arena. I'll do that in future, however. Just for the fun aspect, I'm looking forward to it :)

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, though them shooting each other first might have been because their cages were opposite each other and that's who they saw first once I opened the doors, lol.

Some people even have tamed animals as guards in their settlements, just make sure you have redundant beta waves with their own separate power supplies, as one raider attack that knocks out your power and turns off the beta wave will cause the animals to go hostile and ruin your day.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

that would be fun :anigrin:

Good idea about redundancy. I know what you mean, I once had an electricity cut during an attack and all of a sudden, no turrets. Those bastards actually shot vital components. I learned from that to avoid serial wiring because everything gets cut after the broken component. Also, to hide and protect the generator -- they had the nerve and attacked it! So, yes..

However, with the mod that eliminates any attacks on settlements, I'm careless  :anigrin: Except if I create something that might end in a potential disaster, then I take measures against that kind of nonsense, accordingly. See the deathclaw trap and the lasers that can be toggled on and off. :gnehe:

KingRat

Quote from: Art Blade on September 11, 2017, 08:18:02 AM
YESSSS! 100%

Congrats on that Art, I'll probably never see it :) Got close (98) early on but that was as far as I got. Just trying to keep them 80+ is a chore.

Have both the Nuka Cola unique PA and the Quantum already. Found 2 more at the power station and a partial in the Morton house and more parts on 2 Gunners that were wearing them. Found 2 more Drunken Gnomes (5/35) and when I picked up the 5th a message popped up saying "you've found 5 drunken gnomes, only 30 to go" I think that modder is trolling me  :laughsm:

Art Blade

lol you and those gnomes :D funny message indeed :)

regarding 100%, thank you :)

To me, it seemed to take forever to get those 100%. Like watching paint dry. It took quite a few hours of my real time. I couldn't get 100% in any of my existing settlements, 85 or so being the max, sometimes I even reached 90% but that's about it. Perhaps the settlements were too large and the ways for NPCs too long and all that, so I decided to start one from scratch and finally make use of that red rocket location close to Sanctuary that I had been running through every time I went to and came from Sanctuary, for over 600 hours :anigrin:

Some time ago I switched off all recruitment beacons in all settlements because attracting more settlers always meant I had to go there (to almost all settlements..) and do some adjustments (beds, for instance) so I put a stop to that. When I started red rocket, I switched it on, almost instantly had those two settlers, and then I switched off the beacon and even scrapped it. :D

So, starting fresh with two people, I decided to create a settlement where they had to pass stuff that makes them happy, like four cat bowls (and cats) at the doorstep to their bedroom, paintings, plants (those decorative pots with fern) and the w0#k had to be good, too, so six mutfruit trees (each giving one food, 6 food being the max one settler can attend to so I had him w0#k efficiently) close to the building and light sources even illuminating those trees.. and I assigned the woman to the vault88 brewing machine (could as well have been a tier3 bar) and arranged everything else close by. Lots of decorations, four dogs adding happiness and security, all draped in a way the settlers couldn't avoid those things. Lots of wall decorations, lots of light (at night they like to be where the most light is) and all that. Also, I did what I had picked up elsewhere, some tips, even if I didn't know whether they were accurate or not. However, one was obviously true, no robots. Then, no (active) companions. I even dismissed Dogmeat but had him live there with the other dogs, and when I left, I called him to follow me again. Then, "stay with your settlers without leaving the settlement for 24 in-game hours" -- I stayed there most of the time but eventually got sick and tired of it and did some trips. It was OK, as you can see. But I tried to be there and by that I kept myself busy decorating more and more.  :bigsmile:

The final touch was loads of carpets and mats on the ground, that kicked them from 99 to 100. :)

PZ

Indeed; I can't recall ever achieving 100% in any game I've played, not even FC2

Art Blade

that's not 100% of FO4, it's about an achievement you get for reaching 100% happiness in one settlement

PZ

Ah... now I see said the blind man  :gnehe:

Tags:
🡱 🡳