Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KingRat

Art, I've been almost exclusively using an upgraded cryolator ...snap freeze kills everything ( on normal) including robots...cryo cells are hard to find and not cheap, but that's why we cheat :D

Dweller_Benthos

I did the same thing in Sanctuary, once the big reactors were available, I tore down most of the smaller generators I had scattered around and put in one big reactor which gave more power than all the smaller ones combined, and wired everything from that. Not only did it look better, and was more quiet without all those generators running, the decrease on objects for the settlement let the build limit go down a fraction.

Now that you're in Far Harbor, have fun there, a really cool quest line and with Nick along there is some extra dialog you'll be getting once you meet a certain someone. If you only consider the main quest of the original game, I'd say there's nearly as much content in Far Harbor as there is in the main quest line. Maybe more. One of the better DLC values you'll ever see.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

I thought as much when I arrived at Far Harbor, D_B. It was a new world, and the waves smashing into the rocky shore looked convincing. All the time the fog, dense, hovering, moving, dissolving and reappearing, cool. Mostly it's dark or twilight at best. Sun beams not strong enough to really cut through the fog yet you notice god rays. Genuinely Spooky. They created a dense atmosphere from the start. The tough and rough people living there add to the impression that something really nasty is looming large somewhere, never visible but almost palpable and never far from you. Thrilling. And yes, of course I took Nick with me because I got that mission from his detective bureau :)

KingRat, I got the cryolator very early in the playthrough and liked it when it was spraying ice mist. When I upgraded it to shoot "ice cubes" I noticed that they were really powerful. However, I ditched it after several sub-optimal results and changed to bigger guns. I might pick it up now and see what it does, now that I've levelled up so much. O0

KingRat

Oh my, I ran into the Hubologists and was helping them with their quest. Already had the spacesuits and had cleared most of the junkyard, but after taking out the last 2 bots I still couldn't talk to Dara? Followed the quest marker and it pointed to the commonwealth (oh no)...so yea, I needed to take out the sentry bot I parked in Jamaica Plain  :D Make the trip and find the bot had reactivated itself; didn't want to set it to self destruct in town so I pointed it at a nearby bandit camp (big mistake) as that just got the townsfolk involved...anyway I chased that damn bot all the way to Fallons where it finally blew...quest updated so back to Dara and proceeded to finish the quest..finally. End of story, no :( Fast forward a couple hours and see 88 being attacked so head there and start looking around. No sign of attackers at any of the spawn points, but as I arrive back in the atrium I hear a commotion in the cafeteria....can u guess?

:laughsm: That stupid sentry bot reincarnated and running amok in my cafe, seriously I couldn't stop laughing, but after I reduced it to a smoking pile I just turned around and left wondering where it'll pop up again?

Art Blade

PZ

KingRat

Quote from: Art Blade on September 13, 2017, 02:36:07 PM
that's crazy. :D

Crazy ++  :D I'm hoping the residents of 88 have that mess cleaned up by the next time I visit. Have 36 residents there now...

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah the atmosphere in Far Harbor is well done, but I usually launch a rocket to clear the weather whenever it gets really nasty. The place looks good with the sun shining, too.

Have you run across a hermit crab yet? They are sooooo cute!   :D
D_B

PZ

Far Harbor sounds interesting - is that part of the game or DLC?

KingRat

PZ,

Far harbor, Nuka World and Automatron (sp) are DLC...Vault 88 and Contraptions workshop too I think

Art Blade

yes, all of those are DLC.

And yes, I killed the hermit crab.. he was in something like a VW Bus. :anigrin:

PZ

Thanks guys  O0

Far Harbor sounds like fun - I like bad weather

Art Blade

I tried the weather cannon and it looks great. Only problem: once I leave my settlement, the fog returns. John Carpenter.. :anigrin:

Here, same principle as in Sanctuary: power house with electrical door switch.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah the clear weather rocket only lasts so long, or has a limited range, and there are some parts of the island that are permanently foggy, there's no cure for it.

The thing about the hermit crabs, there are a lot of those vans around the island and not all of them have a crab in them. But the ones that don't usually have a loot box, so you walk up to it expecting loot and get a giant claw in the face!  :o
D_B

mandru

I freaked out the first time I ran into hermit crab.

I'd walked up to a van like so many others and tried to see if there was any loot in it and had totally neglected the fact that when wearing a power suit helmet that illuminates enemies (or is it a perk that gives that ability? I don't remember) the entire van a hermit crab is dwelling in glows a nice cherry red.
- mandru
Gramma said "Never turn your back 'till you've cut their heads off"

Tags:
🡱 🡳