Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

I'm not familiar with the show so I didn't recognise anything but I looted the place, anyway. :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

:laughsm: Next time, you should loot it and burn it down place a nuke inside? :huh-new: :evil2:
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

:anigrin: well.. as a matter of (fictional) fact, we wouldn't be looting that place if it wasn't for the nukes that already turned it into sort of a tomb bar. "Fallout" the name, "Fallout" the game.. doesn't necessarily have to do with loss of hair. :gnehe:

Guys, is Jezebel still alive and kicking in your game? I'm asking because back then, when I prepared for the mission with Ada, the one fragger had trouble with, I read that Jezebel was supposed to walk away and never to be heard of again. Now I noticed that I had one bed too few, so I went there to plant one down and surprise, Jez was still working as a hair dresser  ???

Oh. Since she was such a wise-*bleep* and because it wasn't supposed to matter anyway which body you gave her, I made her look somewhat like Minnie Jezebel Mouse regarding hands and feet, courtesy of Nuka World. :gnehe: I never expected to see her again, so.. it was funny. And she needs a bed..

Jezebel Mouse
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

LowPolyOWG

fragger

Yeah Art, I've still got Jezebel hanging around in Sanctuary, although she hasn't taken up hairdressing yet. She just mopes around and whines a lot.

I ran into the Vault Tec agent who gave my family access to the Vault right at the start of the game, before the nukes fell. He's now a ghoul (and still wearing the same suit) but even after 200 years, he still remembered me. I talked him into going to Sanctuary, which made him happy as a clam. Meeting up with him was a cool moment in the game :thumbsup:

D_B got in ahead of me about Cheers, but I'll post my pics anyway. Here's the famous bar:

Cliff and Norm, in their customary place:

And here's Frasier, in his customary place:

There is a dead Sam, Diane and Carla on the floor behind the bar - at least, I presume it's supposed to be them - but I didn't want to load up too many pics of the place.

Welcome to Wise Guy World! I fit right in with my Tommy gun.

I already had the Silver Shroud costume when I arrived in Goodneighbor, I'd found it earlier while just generally poking around. I did all the Silver Shroud missions, but I couldn't save Kent at the end. I don't know how you're supposed to pull that rescue off :huh-new: As soon as the elevator doors opened I literally took Sinjin's head off with a plasma sniper shot, but there are four or five other bad guys in there and one of them always whacks Kent before I can drop them all. I tried about eight times, once going in with a Stealth Boy, but just couldn't save the guy. Maybe you can't. It was an optional mish anyway.

Cabaret night in Goodneighbor. This lady actually has a pretty nice voice. She's rough trade though.

Great view from up here.

The city is terrific in its detail and layout. Maybe not as big as Los Santos in GTA V, but with tons more places that you can actually get into. And a lot more dangerous... I thought the gang neighbourhood in South LS was a bad place. That's like Disneyland compared to these mean streets.

Dweller_Benthos

Yeah, Jezebel is still around in my game, I gave her a pink assaultron body with some decent weapons and she's standing guard at the Sanctuary gate.

Fragger, you can save Kent at the end of the Silver Shroud quest, I did it by telling them they'd have to kill me first, so they all attacked me and left Kent alone, though I think I did have to do it a couple times as Kent got hit in the crossfire once or twice. If you have a high damage weapon, and a lot of AP to use in VATS, you can also use that to kill most of them before they can even do anything. I had plenty of armor and health, so letting them try to kill me first was easy. Once the mission is done, Kent can upgrade the weapon and armor, I think, of the Silver Shroud costume. Beyond that, keeping him alive doesn't get you anything else. This is one of the rare occasions where choosing the correct answers to the dialog choices does make a difference.

The singer in the bar is based on and voiced by Linda Carter, the woman who played Wonder Woman on the 70's TV show. If you talk to her and select the right options, you can spend the night with her. Just don't have your current romantic companion with you or they might not like that, lol.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

hehe :anigrin:

Thanks for the info regarding Jez, guys.

Fragger, she doesn't take up hairdressing (or anything) unless you make her :anigrin:

The vault guy is a tier-4 junk vendor. Once you can, put him behind a counter (assign him) of the highest type of general store, called emporium, and then he'll have one legendary item to sell.

I saved Kent Connolly with the lots of AP option (killed everyone before they could kill him, took a few attempts, though) and indeed, he will eventually offer to upgrade your Silver Shroud coat if you save him.

Linda Carter (Magnolia) wrote all those songs for FO4 and sung them herself :)

And one thing I'm a little confused about, "D_B got in ahead of me about Cheers" -- I'm not sure you noticed that I got in ahead as well (didn't post pics of the interior not to spoil it for you) even before D_B did :anigrin: Just one post prior. :) Just mentioning because I tried so hard to be able to mentally shout, "FIRST!" :D Cool that you found it, and interesting that you even know all those names. I still have no idea what show it is referencing.

Nice pics you posted :thumbsup: :)

Art Blade

a new, rather small (87-ish MB) update has been released and of course, F4SE doesn't w0#k anymore. Again.

Bethesda is really getting on my nerves because every time they change the runtime, I need to wait for F4SE to be updated and that may take at least a day (which is incredibly fast) which means at least one day that I CANNOT play the game.

For what I know, recently they only released CC-related updates. I don't see how their mods differ from nexus mods. Nexus mods w0#k with the last runtime version. CC mods require new runtime versions, every time. WHY? All I can think of is, they want to annoy the nexus modders and their users.

Also, it would mean that CC-modders have to develop their mods based on a runtime version that isn't available to the public until Bethesda releases the mods. Doesn't make sense.

So if that doesn't make sense and the runtime is not related to their mods, and they don't change anything else in their game, WHY on earth do they change the runtime every bloody time the CC gets updated?

I DON'T USE THE CC! I DON'T NEED THEIR STUPID NEW RUNTIME! And yet I have to. Because they force me to. And if I manage to stay away from any of their updates, I won't be able to use nexus mods any more because, of course, they will update their mods to match the new runtime. Well, SOME, not all mods make use of it, and I happen to be using some of those that do.

Gaming used to be fun..

LowPolyOWG

Bugthesda probably want to force people to use their inferior client... Reminds me of Origin/Uplay back in the days. Not that I experienced all the day 1 issues, I joined the PC gaming ranks in 2014

Art Blade

:D @ "Bugthesda" :thumbsup:

Alright, their client.. I don't think that I've actually ever seen it. Steam is my client of choice :anigrin:

LowPolyOWG

Maybe storefront would be better ;) Their engine is a mess, you cannot play at higher than 60 fps unless you want to break the laws of physics :evil2:

fragger

Nice info about Lynda Carter guys, I didn't know that :thumbsup:

I appreciate you for not spoiling things for me, Art :) But when I said "D_B got in ahead of me", I was referring to his mentioning of the characters from the TV show (which, btw, is called "Cheers"). The characters "Cliff" and "Norm" were regulars on the show, a couple of drinking buddies who seemed to spend all their spare time at the bar (Cliff was a postman, hence the postman-like uniform in the game. I can't remember what Norm did for a living). They always sat at the bar in the same positions in which you see them in the game. Cliff and Norm were quite funny characters, played respectively by John Ratzenberger and George Wendt.

I'm surprised you don't know of the show, it was a very successful US sitcom which ran for about eleven years and spawned the spin-off series "Frasier". Maybe it was never screened in Germany, I don't know. It was successful enough that after it finished its run, the bar set was preserved and is now on display in the Smithsonian Institute in Washington.

The actor who played the character of "Frasier Crane" in Cheers for nine years (Kelsey Grammer) went on to have a successful run with his own show, in which he played the same title character for an additional eleven years (Frasier usually sat at the opposite end of the bar from Cliff and Norm). In total, for playing that character through two different shows, Grammer is tied for the record with James Arness (who played Marshall Matt Dillon in Gunsmoke) for having played the same character for the longest time on TV - twenty years.

The bar set from Cheers, looking back towards the front door (which was set below street level, as in the game).
Two other parts of the main set were the pool table room and the office, which are also shown in their correct locations in the game.

Cliff and Norm in their customary positions.

Frasier in his usual place at the door-end of the bar, with his screen-wife Lilith (Bebe Neuwirth).

Trivia: The bar from Cheers was based on a real one, the "Bull and Finch Pub", which is located in Beacon Hill, Boston, and was later renamed "Cheers". The location of the Prost bar in the game is very close to the real-life location of Cheers, right near Boston Commons.

https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Cheers/@42.3558521,-71.0724512,17.25z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x89e3709fb6fddd07:0xbe3034e549bbe342!8m2!3d42.3559234!4d-71.0712784?hl=en

Dweller_Benthos

Yep, Fallout updated again, and I think they change the program to allow new assets to be used, or something, not that the mods are made for the new runtime. Or something like that. You'd think they could easily make it so the main program does not have to change just to add a few new mods to the list, but who knows. Creation Club is the sole cause of the Steam ratings for Fallout 4 to have taken a nose dive since it was released. You'd think they would have gotten the message by now. I mean, it wouldn't be so bad, and I think I'd grab something off there, but the prices are beyond ridiculous. Charging the same price for a new weapon as was charged for the entire Automatron DLC is a bit much.
D_B

Art Blade

out of principle, I haven't touched the CC, ever. Not even for freebies. :anigrin:

And of course, F4SE hasn't yet been updated, so no FO4 for me today. :(

fragger, now it makes sense, thanks heaps O0 Don't be surprised, I haven't touched a TV in over 20 years, either :gnehe: I only use the hardware, as if it was a 50" monitor, for watching my DVDs and BRs :)

Dweller_Benthos

Apparently, the new CC stuff allows weapon skinning, and that requires new scripts, which requires a new executable, if you believe Reddit

from r/fo4
D_B

Tags:
🡱 🡳