Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

By the way, granny told me that they called her something like Murphy the Madwoman in her youth, as in she was probably tough as nails. I donated a biker outfit to her so she can be her old self, literally  :gnehe: Here she is behind the house in the weeds..

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Dweller_Benthos

haha, Art is in the hell that a lot of players know as "Another settlement needs our help, and when I say our, I mean you." For a while I was doing kidnap and clear out the ghouls from XXXX quests non-stop. One time I literally got back from the federal stockpile after rescuing a kidnap victim and told Preston about it and he said "Thanks, now I just heard about a kidnapping, they are being held at the Federal Stockpile"  :angry-new: so I go back there and the place is still empty from the last time I cleared it, which was five minutes ago, so I walk in, free the kidnap victim, and walk out without firing a shot, because everyone was still dead from the first time.

Anyway, I learned that instead of waiting for Preston to tell me about a settlement, I went to all of them and cleared them ahead of time. Because usually Preston would tell you to set up a beacon and attract settlers and you'd have to build the place up, supply it and defend it, and I already had three or four settlements like that and that was enough. So after that, you'd get kidnappings and such, but you wouldn't have to spend time with settlements. Unless that's your thing, then go right ahead.

Anyway, if you're sick of Preston's defense quests, just do one but don't turn it in, don't walk near him or it will turn in by itself. Eventually after a while it will turn itself in, but you get some peace and quiet to do other things in the meantime.

As long as you got a certain deactivation code from Mama Murphy, you should be all set, not to spoil anything, but it will make a fight in the future that can be very difficult, very easy, as in, you skip it entirely. An Atom Cats jacket, the old girl can still bring it. Did you meet the Atom Cats yet? They love power armor.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

"they were still dead,"  :thumbsup: Man, I'd have been pretty annoyed by that, having to return to where I just came from just to pick up another random person. The very same place, even :D Alright, I figured out just now that Preston would keep going somewhat like that and Indeed I was thinking to avoid him like the plague. Thanks for confirming that :) And it is a good idea to clear out whatever there is in advance to avoid stupid chores O0

Yes, I took a screenie when granny mentioned that code, with subtitles on. :bigsmile:

I must have met at least a dead Atom Cat because their gear showed up in my inventory. But not consciously, no. Looking forward to meeting and greeting them accordingly :evil2: I didn't even know I had that gear, it was in my inventory crate which I built in my garage. Every time I return from a raid, I empty my pockets into those crates. I've got a few of those, one for gear, one for food+aid, one for weapons, one for mods and so on. I only wanted to dress granny in some fitting gear I'd like to see her walk around in, and came across that biker outfit. The brown helmet that I gave her is from the crash site where I found my second power armour. :)

Art Blade

I think I like this game  :bigsmile:

PZ

Sounds/looks like you're having a blast!

The neon on your garage looks really cool. I love neon, and few companies in real life make it any longer (for home use)

Art Blade

Oh yes. I'm particularly enjoying the fact that I bought it for a fair amount of money -- it feels worth it. I wouldn't have enjoyed it at all for those regular 60% more. :bigsmile:

I can only think of bars/pubs where real neon signs can still be found. I like them, too.. the colours are intense and the words made out of one single tube of glass are nice to look at. :thumbsup:

Art Blade

I just had Piper use one of my power armours. One that basically has got thermal sight. "Living" creatures (yes, that includes turrets lol) are shown in red. The moment she was encased in that armour, I literally saw red. Nice :laughsm: In XCOM there is a feature called Squad Sight which allows a squad member in the back to see an enemy some other team member in the front has eyes on. Looks a bit like that but I think it's not a feature in this game.. :)

Art Blade

Piper, stop playing "Cylons" and get out of MY power armour. :anigrin:

That's just one of three power armours (so far) and I like the paint job.
It also gives you extra agility if you paint it with Abraxo :gnehe:

Art Blade

I'm now level 25. Most of the last couple of levels are a result of upgrading weapons (every upgrade gives XP and I've been creating every upgrade that I have got access to) and the level-ups result in new abilities that I can unlock which in turn unlock new weapon upgrades. Heaven! :D

Of course I've also been busy with Sanctuary's development. I added some gym items and those settlers started to go crazy about bench-pressing and one was working out on a pommel horse like an Olympic champion, unbelievable. :)

$p@rts for settlers

I added more lights and lit up the road. It's starting to look alive now :) While planting those street lights, I had to dodge Preston every now and then, as if he was stalking me :anigrin:

you might want to click on the pic to enlarge it
so you see the street lights better as they are
lining both sides of the street all the way down.

I like this display of comic books and so on, they're collectibles that I found. Just place an empty rack there and then transfer your stuff. It actually shows and you can look at specific items if you want, they get blown up to full screen size.

Now granny can read some comic books while chilling in her chair :bigsmile:

PZ

The street lighting is cool  O0 Building the settlements is almost like a crude SimCity

I always liked the collectibles like the comic books in FO3 - there were mods that increased the variety and quality of the images.

Dweller_Benthos

Pretty cool, Art. Those streetlamps are nice, I didn't have those at the beginning and had to make do with some janky light bulbs glued to the side of the (non-working) pre-war light poles that were already there. I was happy to tear those down and put up proper street lights once the DLC came out.

You don't have to remember the code Mama Murphy gives you, or wonder where to use it, it will come up as a dialog option when the time comes, and you can use it to skip the fight or ignore it and do the fight if you want to.

I had all the power armor paint schemes, the thing that was tough was getting enough of the t51 series of armor, as most of the paint options can only go on that type, and by the time I had found most of the power armor locations, I was high enough level that they scaled up with me and became the X01 type, which you have fewer options for paint jobs.
"You've read it, you can't un-read it."
D_B

Art Blade

thanks, guys  :)

I got a full set of the T51 and even a spare head and torso for it.

Art Blade

oh I installed the mod that allows me to find not yet looted bodies. Very useful  O0

PZ

Sure does make it more efficient!

Art Blade

I downloaded a mod called Homemaker
http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1478/?

it adds a new menu entry for the mod and offers about 1,000 new build items like walls etc. Since I don't want to PAY for a membership at nexus just to be able to download larger mods, I had to make do with a prior version (1.54 rather than 1.55) which I found at and downloaded for free from a different mod site:
http://www.gamepressure.com/download.asp?ID=60587

I found this mod while checking for a solution for a problem I had run into: build size limit. Yet again a game with a limit.. remember the massive space ship I posted a screenshot of over at the No Man's Sky topic? When I continued expanding that ship, I reached a limit of 50,000 blocks. Meaning, scrap stuff to be able to build essential things.. now here, again.

It happened when I was slapping lots of lights and pillars and conduits at the walls of Hangman's Alley. I never knew there was a limit. So.. there are mods, obviously, but I came across a simple solution  :)

Unlimited settlement building size
- Open the console while in front of the w0#k bench, then click on the bench so it shows an ID ending in [EP]
- type "getav 349" to see limit 1
- type "setav 349 100000000" to set a maximum (practically no limit)
- type getav 34b to see limit 2
- type "setav 34b 100000000" to set a maximum (practically no limit)

Done. You'll notice the progress bar top right has emptied.  :anigrin:

Tags:
🡱 🡳