Fallout 4

Started by Art Blade, June 22, 2017, 01:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Art Blade

fragger, yep, thanks, I put my spawn-point in Sanctuary in front of the lockers with my weapons and stuff so I don't have to walk there every time after arriving :anigrin:

D_B, I posted because I had the scrap metal of the destroyed turrets still on site and today I made some house-cleaning there. My scrap mod can do a lot but it doesn't recognise those wrecks. But disabling and deleting (markfordelete) completely removed them.

Art Blade

oh D_B, today I got rid of that Deezer. One last lemonade, please, and be gone. I want that little location for a happiness-test and that robot cannot be relocated.

fragger

This game plays dirty sometimes. I went to sleep for 12 hours (my character that is, not the real me) and when I woke up it told me that I'd failed to defend a settlement. Well hell, what was I supposed to do, sleepwalk there and defend it in my nightie? :banghead: :anigrin:

PZ

As is often said in my neck of the woods "when you snooze, you lose"  :D

Art Blade

sleep is the little brother of death, as the Japanese say. :anigrin:

fragger

What a coincidence - we're now on page 62 of this topic, and I just hit Level 62 in the game :bigsmile:

LowPolyOWG

Page 37 for me, but I display 25 posts per page  ;)

But cool nonetheless :bigsmile: I had the XP readout in Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon read "7891" XP, which was the numbers I used to have behind my nickname :gnehe: :D
"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

Art Blade

nice level, fragger, seems to be quite fast :)

I'm on page 19 now, 50 entries per page. I don't like to flip pages that often.

LowPolyOWG

"AAA games is a job, except you're the one paying for it" -Jim Sterling

"Graphics don't matter, it's all about visibility"

fragger

Heh, I like the default (15) because I don't like to scroll too much :gnehe:

Art Blade

:D

fragger, I've only just now, after over a thousand hours, discovered yet a new named location ??? And before that, I managed to finally unlock another settlement that I knew of but couldn't unlock it (the mission required wouldn't trigger but today it did) :anigrin:

And I'm making progress regarding 100% settlements without anything but those smileys.

fragger

It's an amazing game, discoveries just never seem to end O0

Have you tried building the Barber Chair (comes with the "Vault-Tec Workshop" add-on)? That is another smiley-giver and you can get free hairstyle changes from it (provided it's assigned to a settler). You can only get hairstyle changes during "working hours" (8:00am to 8:00pm). When you do, you get a Charisma boost. But even if you don't use it for changing hairstyles, it still generates happiness.

To use the chair, you have to speak to the barber, not just sit in the chair (I don't think you can sit in it anyway unless you speak to the barber first).

Quote from: Art Blade on December 21, 2017, 03:20:33 PM
nice level, fragger, seems to be quite fast :)

I think maybe all the building and experimenting with the building tools I've been doing has pushed my levels up fairly quickly :gnehe: Any time you build anything you get some XPs. And it's not the same XPs for all objects. Building a standard concrete wall slab will get you 5 XPs for example, but in the Furniture/Chairs menu, the first three chairs are airplane seats - a single, a double and a triple. Building a single airplane seat earns you 10 XPs, a double gets you 13 XPs and the triple gets you 15 XPs. Same with anything like that - building a small generator earns 17 XPs, a medium earns 28 XPs and a large earns 32 XPs. Everything you build gives you an XP reward of some sort - decorations, structure parts, electrical components, you name it. Some things give more XPs than others (Manufacturing machines give 24 XPs, each conveyor section gives 20 XPs and each hopper gives 11 XPs. I have six machines with coveyors and hoppers in my factory and another single combo in Sanctuary, so that's 385 XPs right there).

So all my building experimentation wasn't a complete waste of time 8)

Art Blade

I think it was fun and the XP were just a side effect :anigrin:

yep, I know the barber chair :)

Only problem for me with things like that is they need to be assigned, meaning more people. I want to keep my setup as small as possible, like 2 settlers, and the soda fountain needs to be assigned -- however, it will be used by all settlers (including the remaining one out of those two, hehe) while the barber chair is just someone standing still there and only the player can use it. I assigned one of my settlers in Starlight to one of those, however, as there are three adults who can be assigned and one kid who cannot.

fragger

:thumbsup:

I've got a spare farmer in Sanctuary who would probably be happier cutting hair as opposed to grubbing around in the dirt :gnehe:

Art Blade

:D

I've got three settlements to take care of right now that need cats and stuff, so I'm constantly travelling. The new one, Covenant and that fortress.

I wonder, do you have any plans on playing the main quests yet?

Tags:
🡱 🡳